May 2: Day of the Week
May 2, 2022 was the 122nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 243 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JAEPYULOKVI? Check your answers here: Word scramble JAEPYULOKVI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1536Anne Boleyn, Queen of England, is arrested and imprisoned on charges of adultery, incest, treason and witchcraft.
- 1670King Charles II of England grants a permanent charter to the Hudson’s Bay Company to open up the fur trade in North America.
- 1866Peruvian defenders fight off Spanish fleet at the Battle of Callao.
- 1920The first game of the Negro National League baseball is played in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- 1963Berthold Seliger launches a rocket with three stages and a maximum flight altitude of more than 100 kilometres near Cuxhaven. It is the only sounding rocket developed in Germany.
- 1994In a bus disaster in Poland, 32 people die.
- 1998The European Central Bank is founded in Brussels in order to define and execute the European Union’s monetary policy.
- 2000President Bill Clinton announces that accurate GPS access would no longer be restricted to the United States military.
- 2002Marad massacre of eight Hindus near Palakkad in Kerala.
- 2011Osama bin Laden, the suspected mastermind behind the September 11 attacks and the FBI’s most wanted man is killed by the United States special forces in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Who were born on May 2?
- 1737William Petty, 2nd Earl of Shelburne, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1805)
- 1773Henrik Steffens, Norwegian philosopher (d. 1845)
- 1897J. Fred Coots, American songwriter (d. 1985)
- 1927Ray Barrett, Australian actor (d. 2009)
- 1941Clay Carroll, American baseball player
- 1945Judge Dread, English musician (d. 1998)
- 1952Mari Natsuki, Japanese singer, dancer and actress
- 1977Jenna von Oy, American actress
- 1983Alessandro Diamanti, Italian footballer
- 1990Paul George, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.