May 25: Day of the Week
May 25, 2021 was the 145th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 220 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OVAWAPDLXZD? Check your answers here: Word search OVAWAPDLXZD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1521The Diet of Worms ends when Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, issues the Edict of Worms, declaring Martin Luther an outlaw.
- 1895The Republic of Formosa is formed, with Tang Ching-sung as its president.
- 1914The United Kingdom’s House of Commons passes the Home Rule Act for devolution in Ireland.
- 1925Scopes Trial: John T. Scopes is indicted for teaching Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.
- 1926Sholom Schwartzbard assassinates Symon Petliura, the head of the Paris-based government-in-exile of Ukrainian People’s Republic.
- 1951Future Hall of Famer Willie Mays was called up by the New York Giants from their farm team Minneapolis Millers. We went 0-5 in his first major league game.
- 1953The first public television station in the United States officially begins broadcasting as KUHT from the campus of the University of Houston.
- 1955First ascent of Kangchenjunga (8,586 m.), the third highest mountain in the world, by a British expedition led by Joe Brown and George Band.
- 1961Apollo program: U.S. President John F. Kennedy announces before a special joint session of the Congress his goal to initiate a project to put a “man on the Moon” before the end of the decade.
- 2000Liberation Day of Lebanon. Israel withdraws its army from most of the Lebanese territory after 22 years of its first invasion in 1978.
Who were born on May 25?
- 1852William Muldoon, American Greco-Roman wrestler (d. 1933)
- 1888Miles Malleson, English actor (d. 1969)
- 1925Rosario Castellanos, Mexican poet (d. 1974)
- 1931Aili Jõgi, Estonian anti-Soviet occupation figure
- 1932W. P. Kinsella, Canadian writer
- 1953Daniel Passarella, Argentine footballer
- 1956Tatsutoshi Goto, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1972Karan Johar, Indian director, producer, writer, actor
- 1976Marcelo Silva, Brazilian footballer
- 1987Yves De Winter, Belgian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.