May 25: Day of the Week
May 25, 2020 was the 146th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 220 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bryce’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 25 Historical Event(s)
- 1085Alfonso VI of Castile takes Toledo, Spain back from the Moors.
- 1659Richard Cromwell resigns as Lord Protector of England following the restoration of the Long Parliament, beginning a second brief period of the republican government called the Commonwealth of England.
- 1810May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the May week, starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- 1895Playwright, poet, and novelist Oscar Wilde is convicted of “committing acts of gross indecency with other male persons” and sentenced to serve two years in prison.
- 1946The parliament of Transjordan makes Abdullah I of Jordan their Emir.
- 1967Celtic F.C. from Glasgow, Scotland becomes the first ever Northern European team to win the European Cup; with previous winners being from Spain, Italy and Portugal.
- 1999The United States House of Representatives releases the Cox Report which details the People’s Republic of China’s nuclear espionage against the U.S. over the prior two decades.
- 2000Liberation Day of Lebanon. Israel withdraws its army from most of the Lebanese territory after 22 years of its first invasion in 1978.
- 2002China Airlines Flight 611: A Boeing 747-200 breaks apart in mid-air and plunges into the Taiwan Strait killing 225 people.
- 2009North Korea allegedly tests its second nuclear device. Following the nuclear test, Pyongyang also conducted several missile tests building tensions in the international community.
Who were born on May 25?
- 1803Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, English novelist and playwright (d. 1873)
- 1848Johann Baptist Singenberger, Swiss composer, editor and publisher (d. 1924)
- 1878Bill “Bojangles” Robinson, American tap dancer and actor (d. 1949)
- 1886Philip Murray, Scottish-born American labor leader (d. 1952)
- 1944Frank Oz, British-born American puppeteer and director
- 1957Edward Lee, American writer
- 1980David Navarro, Spanish footballer
- 1980Jae Hee, South Korean actor
- 1980Joe King, American musician (The Fray)
- 1984Kostas Martakis, Greek singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.