May 26: Day of the Week
May 26, 2020 is the 147th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 219 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Edward’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1135Alfonso VII of León and Castile is crowned in the Cathedral of Leon as Imperator totius Hispaniae, “Emperor of all of Spain”.
- 1896Charles Dow publishes the first edition of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- 1896Nicholas II becomes Tsar of Russia.
- 1897Dracula, a novel by Irish author Bram Stoker is published.
- 1906Vauxhall Bridge is opened in London.
- 1970The Soviet Tupolev Tu-144 becomes the first commercial transport to exceed Mach 2.
- 1977George Willig climbs the South Tower of New York City’s World Trade Center.
- 1991Lauda Air Flight 004 crashes in rural Thailand, killing 223.
- 1991Zviad Gamsakhurdia becomes the first elected President of the Republic of Georgia in the post-Soviet era.
- 1998The Supreme Court of the United States rules that Ellis Island, the historic gateway for millions of immigrants, is mainly in the state of New Jersey, not New York.
Who were born on May 26?
- 1764Edward Livingston, American jurist and statesman (d. 1836)
- 1904Vlado Perlemuter, Polish pianist (d. 2002)
- 1909Nikolay Guryanov, Russian mystic and priest (d. 2002)
- 1909Sir Matt Busby, Scottish footballer and manager (d. 1994)
- 1939Merab Kostava, Georgian anti-Soviet leader (d. 1989)
- 1949Hank Williams Jr., American singer
- 1956Frédéric Dutoit, French politician
- 1959Steve Hanley, English musician (The Fall, Tom Hingley and the Lovers)
- 1970Nobuhiro Watsuki, Japanese cartoonist
- 1981Jason Manford, British comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.