May 26: Day of the Week
May 26, 2021 is the 146th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 219 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IIRVIELBJDEK? Check your answers here: Unscramble words IIRVIELBJDEK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1135Alfonso VII of León and Castile is crowned in the Cathedral of Leon as Imperator totius Hispaniae, “Emperor of all of Spain”.
- 1770The Orlov Revolt, an attempt to revolt against the Ottoman Empire before the Greek War of Independence, ends in disaster for the Greeks.
- 1805Napoléon Bonaparte assumes the title of King of Italy and is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy in the Duomo di Milano, the gothic cathedral in Milan.
- 1830The Indian Removal Act is passed by the U.S. Congress; it is signed into law by President Andrew Jackson two days later.
- 1868The impeachment trial of U.S. President Andrew Johnson ends with Johnson being found not guilty by one vote.
- 1906Vauxhall Bridge is opened in London.
- 1918The Democratic Republic of Georgia is established.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Bir Hakeim takes place.
- 1981Prime Minister of Italy Arnaldo Forlani and his coalition cabinet resign following a scandal over membership of the pseudo-masonic lodge P2 (Propaganda Due).
- 1998The Supreme Court of the United States rules that Ellis Island, the historic gateway for millions of immigrants, is mainly in the state of New Jersey, not New York.
Who were born on May 26?
- 1883Mamie Smith, American singer (d. 1946)
- 1932Grigor Vachkov, Bulgarian actor (d. 1980)
- 1941Cliff Drysdale, South African tennis player
- 1958Moinul Ahsan Saber, Bangladeshi writer, editor.
- 1966Helena Bonham Carter, English actress
- 1966Zola Budd, South African athlete
- 1977Nikos Hatzivrettas, Greek basketball player
- 1982David Reed, British writer and comedian
- 1983Demy de Zeeuw, Dutch footballer
- 1983Henry Holland, British fashion designer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.