May 27, 1933: Day of the Week
May 27, 1933 was the 147th day of the year 1933 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 218 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 90 years old today. If that same person saved a Nickel every day starting at age 6, then by now that person has accumulated $1,540.35 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OGCVNANO? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OGCVNANO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the May 1933 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1933 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Rooster is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
May 27, 1933 Historical Event(s)
- 1933New Deal: The U.S. Federal Securities Act is signed into law requiring the registration of securities with the Federal Trade Commission.
- 1933The Century of Progress World’s Fair opens in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1933The Walt Disney Company releases the cartoon Three Little Pigs, with its hit song “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?”
Who were born on May 27, 1933?
- 1933Manfred Sommer, Spanish comic artist (d. 2007)
- 1933Ted Rogers, Canadian entrepreneur (d. 2008)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.