May 28: Day of the Week
May 28, 2020 is the 149th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 217 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mabel’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 28 Historical Event(s)
- 585 BCA solar eclipse occurs, as predicted by Greek philosopher and scientist Thales, while Alyattes is battling Cyaxares in the Battle of the Eclipse, leading to a truce. This is one of the cardinal dates from which other dates can be calculated.
- 1503James IV of Scotland and Margaret Tudor are married according to a Papal Bull by Pope Alexander VI. A Treaty of Everlasting Peace between Scotland and England signed on that occasion results in a peace that lasts ten years.
- 1930The Chrysler Building in New York City officially opens.
- 1936Alan Turing submits On Computable Numbers for publication.
- 1951British radio comedy programme The Goon Show was broadcast on BBC for the first time.
- 1964The Palestine Liberation Organization is formed.
- 1975Fifteen West African countries sign the Treaty of Lagos, creating the Economic Community of West African States.
- 1991The capital city of Addis Ababa, falls to the Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Democratic Front, ending both the Derg regime in Ethiopia and the Ethiopian Civil War.
- 1993Eritrea and Monaco join the United Nations.
- 2008The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly of Nepal formally declares Nepal a republic, ending the 240-year reign of the Shah dynasty.
Who were born on May 28?
- 1872Marian Smoluchowski, Polish physicist (d. 1917)
- 1911Fritz Hochwälder, Austrian playwright (d. 1986)
- 1947Sondra Locke, American actress
- 1964Jeff Fenech, Australian boxer
- 1971Ekaterina Gordeeva, Russian figure skater
- 1972Doriva, Brazilian footballer
- 1979Monica Keena, American actress
- 1979Ronald Curry, American football player
- 1983Steve Cronin, American footballer
- 1986Charles N'Zogbia, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.