May 28: Day of the Week
May 28, 2022 is the 148th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 217 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XDGOJYEEC? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters XDGOJYEEC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1918The Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and the Democratic Republic of Armenia declare their independence.
- 1930The Chrysler Building in New York City officially opens.
- 1932In the Netherlands, construction of the Afsluitdijk is completed and the Zuiderzee bay is converted to the freshwater IJsselmeer.
- 1934Near Callander, Ontario, the Dionne quintuplets are born to Oliva and Elzire Dionne; they will be the first quintuplets to survive infancy.
- 1991The capital city of Addis Ababa, falls to the Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Democratic Front, ending both the Derg regime in Ethiopia and the Ethiopian Civil War.
- 1996U.S. President Bill Clinton’s former business partners in the Whitewater land deal, James McDougal and Susan McDougal, and the Governor of Arkansas Jim Guy Tucker, are convicted of fraud.
- 1999In Milan, Italy, after 22 years of restoration work, Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece The Last Supper is put back on display.
- 2003Peter Hollingworth becomes the first Governor-General of Australia to resign his office as a result of criticism of his conduct.
- 2008The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly of Nepal formally declares Nepal a republic, ending the 240-year reign of the Shah dynasty.
- 2010In West Bengal, India, a train derailment and subsequent collision kills 141 passengers.
Who were born on May 28?
- 1818P.G.T. Beauregard, American Confederate general (d. 1893)
- 1879Milutin Milanković, Serbian geophysicist (d. 1958)
- 1936Claude Forget, French-Canadian politician
- 1943Elena Souliotis, Greek soprano (d. 2004)
- 1943Terry Crisp, Canadian hockey coach
- 1947Sondra Locke, American actress
- 1960Mark Sanford, 115th Governor of South Carolina and Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from South Carolina
- 1961Michelle Collins, British actress
- 1969Justin Kirk, American actor
- 1971Ekaterina Gordeeva, Russian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.