May 29: Day of the Week
May 29, 2020 is the 150th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 216 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eugene’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1176Battle of Legnano: The Lombard League defeats Emperor Frederick I.
- 1660English Restoration: Charles II is restored to the throne of Great Britain.
- 1913Igor Stravinsky’s ballet score The Rite of Spring receives its premiere performance in Paris, provoking a riot.
- 1914Ocean liner RMS Empress of Ireland sinks in the Gulf of St. Lawrence with the loss of 1,024 lives.
- 1919Albert Einstein’s theory of general relativity is tested (later confirmed) by Arthur Eddington’s observation of a total solar eclipse in Principe and by Andrew Crommelin in Sobral, Ceará, Brazil.
- 1924AEK Athens FC is established on the anniversary of the siege of Constantinople by the Turks.
- 1940The first flight of the F4U Corsair.
- 1948Creation of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization
- 1999Olusegun Obasanjo takes office as President of Nigeria, the first elected and civilian head of state in Nigeria after 16 years of military rule.
- 2004The World War II Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C.
Who were born on May 29?
- 1722James FitzGerald, 1st Duke of Leinster, Irish politician (d. 1773)
- 1874G. K. Chesterton, English novelist (d. 1936)
- 1907Hartland Molson, Canadian businessman and senator (d. 2002)
- 1917John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States (d. 1963)
- 1932Richie Guerin, American basketball player
- 1958Willem Holleeder, Dutch criminal
- 1963Ukyo Katayama, Japanese racing driver
- 1969Chan Kinchla, Canadian musician (Blues Traveler)
- 1971Bernd Mayländer, Formula One Safety Car driver
- 1987Lina Andrijauskaitė, Lithuanian athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.