May 29: Day of the Week
May 29, 2019 is the 149th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 216 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1167Battle of Monte Porzio – A Roman army supporting Pope Alexander III is defeated by Christian of Buch and Rainald of Dassel
- 1790Rhode Island becomes the last of the original United States’ colonies to ratify the Constitution and is admitted as the 13th U.S. state.
- 1852Jenny Lind left New York after her wildly successful two-year American tour.
- 1900N'Djamena is founded as Fort-Lamy by French commander Émile Gentil
- 1913Igor Stravinsky’s ballet score The Rite of Spring receives its premiere performance in Paris, provoking a riot.
- 1914Ocean liner RMS Empress of Ireland sinks in the Gulf of St. Lawrence with the loss of 1,024 lives.
- 1948Creation of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization
- 1969General strike in Córdoba, Argentina, leading to the Cordobazo civil unrest.
- 1973Tom Bradley is elected the first black mayor of Los Angeles, California.
- 1985Heysel Stadium disaster: At the European Cup final in Brussels, Belgium, 39 association football fans die and hundreds are injured when a dilapidated retaining wall collapses after Liverpool F.C. fans breach a fence separating them from Juventus F.C. fans.
Who were born on May 29?
- 1908Diana Morgan, British playwright and screenwriter (d. 1996)
- 1934Nanette Newman, English actress and author
- 1937Hibari Misora, Japanese singer (d. 1989)
- 1950Rebbie Jackson, American musician
- 1967Iñaki Ochoa de Olza, Spanish mountaineer (d. 2008)
- 1974Myf Warhurst, Australian radio presenter TV personality
- 1976Yūsuke Iseya, Japanese model and actor
- 1977Antonio Lebo-Lebo, Angolan footballer
- 1987Alessandra Torresani, American actress
- 1995Asfak Khalid, Indian Producer, Director, Singer & Politician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.