May 29: Day of the Week
May 29, 2018 was the 149th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 216 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Gemini horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1790Rhode Island becomes the last of the original United States’ colonies to ratify the Constitution and is admitted as the 13th U.S. state.
- 1798United Irishmen Rebellion: Between 300 and 500 United Irishmen are massacred by the British Army in County Kildare, Ireland.
- 1848Wisconsin is admitted as the 30th U.S. state.
- 1948Creation of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization
- 1950The St. Roch, the first ship to circumnavigate North America, arrives in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 1953Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay become the first people to reach the summit of Mount Everest, on Tenzing Norgay’s (adopted) 39th birthday.
- 1954First of the annual Bilderberg conferences.
- 1982Pope John Paul II becomes the first pontiff to visit Canterbury Cathedral.
- 1985Amputee Steve Fonyo completes cross-Canada marathon at Victoria, British Columbia, after 14 months.
- 1985Heysel Stadium disaster: At the European Cup final in Brussels, Belgium, 39 association football fans die and hundreds are injured when a dilapidated retaining wall collapses after Liverpool F.C. fans breach a fence separating them from Juventus F.C. fans.
Who were born on May 29?
- 1794Johann Heinrich von Mädler, German astronomer (d. 1874)
- 1880Oswald Spengler, German philosopher (d. 1936)
- 1946Fernando Buesa, Basque politician (d. 2000)
- 1947Gene Robinson, American ecclesiastic
- 1953Danny Elfman, American musician (Oingo Boingo)
- 1955Ken Schrader, American race car driver
- 1967Iñaki Ochoa de Olza, Spanish mountaineer (d. 2008)
- 1970Natarsha Belling, Australian news presenter
- 1971Eric Lucas, Quebec professional boxer
- 1982Kim Tae-Kyun, South Korean baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.