May 4: Day of the Week
May 4, 2020 is the 125th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 241 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Javier’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1436Assasination of the Swedish rebel (later national hero) Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson
- 1675King Charles II of England orders the construction of the Royal Greenwich Observatory.
- 1776Rhode Island becomes the first American colony to renounce allegiance to King George III.
- 1859The Cornwall Railway opens across the Royal Albert Bridge linking the counties of Devon and Cornwall in England.
- 1910The Royal Canadian Navy is created.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Coral Sea begins with an attack by aircraft from the United States aircraft carrier USS Yorktown on Japanese naval forces at Tulagi Island in the Solomon Islands. The Japanese forces had invaded Tulagi the day before.
- 1945World War II: Neuengamme concentration camp near Hamburg is liberated by the British Army.
- 1949The entire Torino football team (except for two players who did not take the trip: Sauro Tomà, due to an injury and Renato Gandolfi, because of coach request) is killed in a plane crash at the Superga hill at the edge of Turin, Italy.
- 1961American civil rights movement: The “Freedom Riders” begin a bus trip through the South.
- 1974An all-female Japanese team reaches the summit of Manaslu, becoming the first women to climb an 8,000-meter peak.
Who were born on May 4?
- 1767Tyāgarāja, Composer of Indian classical Carnatic music (d. 1847)
- 1772Friedrich Arnold Brockhaus, German publisher (d. 1823)
- 1889Francis Cardinal Spellman, American religious leader (d. 1967)
- 1923Ed Cassidy, American musician (Spirit)
- 1939Amos Oz, Israeli writer, novelist, and journalist
- 1943Georgi Asparuhov, Bulgarian footballer
- 1951Jackie Jackson, American singer and musician (The Jackson 5)
- 1954Pia Zadora, American actress
- 1987Jorge Lorenzo, Spanish motorcycle racer
- 1989Aris Tatarounis, Greek basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.