May 4: Day of the Week
May 4, 2018 was the 124th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 241 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
May 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1415Religious reformers John Wycliffe and Jan Hus are condemned as heretics at the Council of Constance.
- 1471Wars of the Roses: The Battle of Tewkesbury: Edward IV defeats a Lancastrian Army and kills Edward, Prince of Wales.
- 1626Dutch explorer Peter Minuit arrives in New Netherland (present day Manhattan Island) aboard the See Meeuw.
- 1776Rhode Island becomes the first American colony to renounce allegiance to King George III.
- 1869The Naval Battle of Hakodate Bay is fought in Japan.
- 1910The Royal Canadian Navy is created.
- 1912Italy occupies the Greek island of Rhodes.
- 1953Ernest Hemingway wins the Pulitzer Prize for The Old Man and the Sea.
- 1998A federal judge in Sacramento, California, gives “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski four life sentences plus 30 years after Kaczynski accepts a plea agreement sparing him from the death penalty.
- 2007Greensburg, Kansas is almost completely destroyed by a 1.7 mi wide EF-5 tornado.
Who were born on May 4?
- 1752John Brooks, 11th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1825)
- 1772Friedrich Arnold Brockhaus, German publisher (d. 1823)
- 1923Stanley Biber, American physician, pioneer of transgender surgery (d. 2006)
- 1949John Force, American race car driver
- 1954Pia Zadora, American actress
- 1956Ken Oberkfell, American baseball player
- 1969Micah Aivazoff, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1970Sergio Basañez, Mexican actor
- 1974Tony McCoy, Northern Irish National Hunt jockey
- 1978Daisuke Ono, Japanese seiyu
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.