May 4: Day of the Week
May 4, 2021 was the 124th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 241 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EKEITKIJITS? Check your answers here: Word scramble EKEITKIJITS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1415Religious reformers John Wycliffe and Jan Hus are condemned as heretics at the Council of Constance.
- 1436Assasination of the Swedish rebel (later national hero) Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson
- 1626Dutch explorer Peter Minuit arrives in New Netherland (present day Manhattan Island) aboard the See Meeuw.
- 1910The Royal Canadian Navy is created.
- 1932In Atlanta, Georgia, mobster Al Capone begins serving an eleven-year prison sentence for tax evasion.
- 1953Ernest Hemingway wins the Pulitzer Prize for The Old Man and the Sea.
- 1961American civil rights movement: The “Freedom Riders” begin a bus trip through the South.
- 1979Margaret Thatcher becomes the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- 1989Iran-Contra Affair: Former White House aide Oliver North is convicted of three crimes and acquitted of nine other charges. The convictions, however, are later overturned on appeal.
- 1998A federal judge in Sacramento, California, gives “Unabomber” Theodore Kaczynski four life sentences plus 30 years after Kaczynski accepts a plea agreement sparing him from the death penalty.
Who were born on May 4?
- 1008Khajeh Abdollah Ansari, The Persian Sufi (d. 1088)
- 1852Alice Pleasance Liddell, English schoolgirl model for Alice in Wonderland (d. 1934)
- 1929Audrey Hepburn, Anglo-Dutch actress (d. 1993)
- 1933J. Fred Duckett, Texan sports announcer and teacher
- 1937Dick Dale, American guitarist
- 1940Robin Cook, American novelist
- 1959Inger Nilsson, Swedish actress
- 1960Andrew Denton, Australian television presenter and comedian
- 1971Rudresh Mahanthappa, Indian-American jazz alto saxophonist and composer
- 1980Andrew Raycroft, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.