May 4: Day of the Week
May 4, 2020 was the 125th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 241 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joyce’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1626Dutch explorer Peter Minuit arrives in New Netherland (present day Manhattan Island) aboard the See Meeuw.
- 1675King Charles II of England orders the construction of the Royal Greenwich Observatory.
- 1859The Cornwall Railway opens across the Royal Albert Bridge linking the counties of Devon and Cornwall in England.
- 1949The entire Torino football team (except for two players who did not take the trip: Sauro Tomà, due to an injury and Renato Gandolfi, because of coach request) is killed in a plane crash at the Superga hill at the edge of Turin, Italy.
- 1961American civil rights movement: The “Freedom Riders” begin a bus trip through the South.
- 1974An all-female Japanese team reaches the summit of Manaslu, becoming the first women to climb an 8,000-meter peak.
- 1979Margaret Thatcher becomes the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- 1982Twenty sailors are killed when the British Type 42 destroyer HMS Sheffield is hit by an Argentinian Exocet missile during the Falklands War.
- 2001The Milwaukee Art Museum addition, the first Santiago Calatrava-designed structure in the United States, opens to the public.
- 2007Greensburg, Kansas is almost completely destroyed by a 1.7 mi wide EF-5 tornado.
Who were born on May 4?
- 1752John Brooks, 11th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1825)
- 1948Hurley Haywood, American race car driver, and three-time winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 1949Stella Parton, American country music singer
- 1950Darryl Hunt, English musician (The Pogues)
- 1951Mick Mars, American guitarist (Mötley Crüe)
- 1956David Guterson, American author
- 1959Scott Armstrong, American professional wrestling referee
- 1969Ryan Shamrock, American wrestling valet
- 1971Luiz Garcia, Jr., Brazilian racing driver
- 1984Montell Owens, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.