May 5, 1972: Day of the Week
May 5, 1972 was the 126th day of the year 1972 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 240 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
A person born on this day will be 51 years old today. If that same person saved a Cent every day starting at age 3, then by now that person has accumulated $176.82 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PYAARJRYAGEW? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters PYAARJRYAGEW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the May 1972 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1972 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Rat is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
May 5, 1972 Historical Event(s)
- 1972Alitalia Flight 112 crashes into Mount Longa near Palermo, Sicily, killing all 115 aboard, making it the deadliest single-aircraft disaster in Italy.
Who were born on May 5, 1972?
- 1972Žigmund Pálffy, Slovak ice-hockey player
- 1972Brad Bombardir, Canadian ice-hockey player
- 1972Devin Townsend, Canadian musician (Strapping Young Lad)
- 1972James Cracknell, British rower
- 1972Mikael Renberg, Swedish ice-hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.