May 8: Day of the Week
May 8, 2022 was the 128th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 237 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MYFUMEVEQAZ? Check your answers here: Word solver MYFUMEVEQAZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
May 8 Historical Event(s)
- 589Reccared summons the Third Council of Toledo.
- 1450Jack Cade’s Rebellion: Kentishmen revolt against King Henry VI.
- 1877At Gilmore’s Gardens in New York City, the first Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show opens.
- 1899The Irish Literary Theatre in Dublin opens.
- 1912Paramount Pictures is founded.
- 1941The German Luftwaffe launch a bombing raid on Nottingham and Derby
- 1972Vietnam War – U.S. President Richard M. Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- 1978First ascent of Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen, by Reinhold Messner and Peter Habeler.
- 1984Thames Barrier officially opened.
- 1987The Loughgall Ambush: The SAS kills eight Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers and a civilian during an ambush in Loughgall, Northern Ireland.
Who were born on May 8?
- 1835Bertalan Székely, Hungarian painter (d. 1910)
- 1899Arthur Q. Bryan, American voice actor (d. 1959)
- 1920Saul Bass, American graphic designer and filmmaker (d. 1996)
- 1920Tom of Finland, Finnish fetish artist (d. 1991)
- 1928Theodore Sorensen, American lawyer and special counsel to John F. Kennedy (d. 2010)
- 1929Claude Castonguay, Quebec politician
- 1942Norman Lamont, British politician
- 1945Keith Jarrett, American musician
- 1953Billy Burnette, American singer and guitarist (Fleetwood Mac)
- 1980Keyon Dooling, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.