May 9: Day of the Week
May 9, 2019 was the 129th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 236 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Hailey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1092Lincoln Cathedral is consecrated.
- 1450'Abd al-Latif (Timurid monarch) is assassinated.
- 1887Buffalo Bill Cody’s Wild West Show opens in London.
- 1901Australia opens its first parliament in Melbourne.
- 1911The works of Gabriele D'Annunzio placed by the Vatican in the Index of Forbidden Books.
- 1920Polish-Soviet War: The Polish army under General Edward Rydz-Śmigły celebrates its capture of Kiev with a victory parade on Khreschatyk.
- 1949Rainier III of Monaco becomes Prince of Monaco.
- 1980In Florida, Liberian freighter MV Summit Venture collides with the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay, making a 1,400-ft. section of the southbound span collapse. 35 people in six cars and a Greyhound bus fall 150 ft. into the water and die.
- 2002The 38-day stand-off in the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem comes to an end when the Palestinians inside agree to have 13 suspected terrorists among them deported to several different countries.
- 2006Estonia ratifies the European Constitution.
Who were born on May 9?
- 1920William Tenn, American author (d. 2010)
- 1923Johnny Grant, American radio personality, television producer (d. 2008)
- 1937José Rafael Moneo, Spanish architect
- 1937Sonny Curtis, American singer, songwriter, guitarist
- 1965Ken Nomura, Japanese racing driver
- 1972Megumi Odaka, Japanese actress and artist
- 1978Aaron Harang, American baseball player
- 1980Jo Hyeon-jae, South Korean actor
- 1981Yu Yokoyama, Japanese actor and singer
- 1985Henrique, Brazilian soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.