May 9: Day of the Week
May 9, 2020 is the 130th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 236 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
May 9 Historical Event(s)
- 328Athanasius is elected Patriarch bishop of Alexandria.
- 1864Second War of Schleswig: The Danish navy defeats the Austrian and Prussian fleets in the Battle of Heligoland.
- 1877Mihail Kogălniceanu reads, in the Chamber of Deputies, the Declaration of Independence of Romania. This day became the Independence Day of Romania.
- 1911The works of Gabriele D'Annunzio placed by the Vatican in the Index of Forbidden Books.
- 1915World War I: Second Battle of Artois between German and French forces.
- 1945World War II: The Channel Islands are liberated by the British after five years of German occupation.
- 1949Rainier III of Monaco becomes Prince of Monaco.
- 1964Ngo Dinh Can, de facto ruler of central Vietnam under his brother President Ngo Dinh Diem before the family’s toppling, is executed.
- 1970Vietnam War: In Washington, D.C., 75,000 to 100,000 war protesters demonstrate in front of the White House.
- 2006Estonia ratifies the European Constitution.
Who were born on May 9?
- 1874Howard Carter, British archaeologist (d. 1939)
- 1912Pedro Armendáriz, Mexican actor (d. 1963)
- 1937José Rafael Moneo, Spanish architect
- 1946Candice Bergen, American actress
- 1948Hans Georg Bock, German mathematician
- 1949Billy Joel, American musician
- 1968Marie-José Pérec, French athlete
- 1980Angela Nikodinov, American figure skater
- 1981Yu Yokoyama, Japanese actor and singer
- 1982Rachel Boston, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.