November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2019 is the 315th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Meghan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1620The Mayflower Compact is signed in what is now Provincetown Harbor near Cape Cod.
- 1750riots break out in Lhasa after the murder of the Tibetan regent.
- 1839The Virginia Military Institute is founded in Lexington, Virginia.
- 1918Emperor Charles I of Austria relinquishes power.
- 1930Patent number US1781541 is awarded to Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd for their invention, the Einstein refrigerator.
- 1940The German cruiser Atlantis captures top secret British mail, and sends it to Japan.
- 1962Kuwait’s National Assembly ratifies the Constitution of Kuwait.
- 1968Vietnam War: Operation Commando Hunt initiated. The goal is to interdict men and supplies on the Ho Chi Minh Trail, through Laos into South Vietnam.
- 1992The General Synod of the Church of England votes to allow women to become priests.
- 1993A sculpture honoring women who served in the Vietnam War is dedicated at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1791Josef Munzinger, Swiss Federal Councillor (d. 1855)
- 1900Halina Konopacka, Polish athlete (d. 1989)
- 1901Sam Spiegel, Austrian-born American film producer (d. 1985)
- 1916Robert Carr, British conservative politician
- 1918Stubby Kaye, American comic actor (d. 1997)
- 1929Hans Magnus Enzensberger, German writer
- 1955Dave Alvin, American songwriter and guitarist
- 1977Maniche, Portuguese footballer
- 1980Willie Parker, American football player
- 1982Gonzalo Canale, Argentine-born Italian rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.