November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2018 was the 315th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 308At Carnuntum, Emperor emeritus Diocletian confers with Galerius, Augustus of the East, and Maximianus, the recently returned former Augustus of the West, in an attempt to restore order to the Roman Empire.
- 1620The Mayflower Compact is signed in what is now Provincetown Harbor near Cape Cod.
- 1634Following pressure from Anglican bishop John Atherton, the Irish House of Commons passes An Act for the Punishment for the Vice of Buggery.
- 1880Australian bushranger Ned Kelly is hanged at Melbourne Gaol.
- 1887Construction of the Manchester Ship Canal begins at Eastham.
- 1924Prime Minister Alexandros Papanastasiou proclaims the first recognized Greek Republic.
- 1942World War II: Nazi Germany completes its occupation of France.
- 1962Kuwait’s National Assembly ratifies the Constitution of Kuwait.
- 1967Vietnam War: In a propaganda ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, three American prisoners of war are released by the Viet Cong and turned over to “new left” antiwar activist Tom Hayden.
- 2001Journalists Pierre Billaud, Johanne Sutton and Volker Handloik are killed in Afghanistan during an attack on the convoy they are traveling in.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1869Gaetano Bresci, Italian-American anarchist (d. 1901)
- 1904J. H. C. Whitehead, British mathematician (d. 1960)
- 1911Roberto Matta, Chilean painter (d. 2002)
- 1922Kurt Vonnegut Jr., American novelist (d. 2007)
- 1926Harry Lumley, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1998)
- 1946Chris Dreja, British musician (The Yardbirds)
- 1958Luz Casal, Spanish singer
- 1969Kristen Wilson, American actress
- 1974Static Major, American singer (d. 2008)
- 1976Jason Grilli, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.