November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2021 is the 315th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EOBEXEBD? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EOBEXEBD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1675Gottfried Leibniz demonstrates integral calculus for the first time to find the area under the graph of y = ƒ(x).
- 1778Cherry Valley Massacre: Loyalists and Seneca Indian forces attack a fort and village in eastern New York during the American Revolutionary War, killing more than forty civilians and soldiers.
- 1813War of 1812: Battle of Crysler’s Farm – British and Canadian forces defeat a larger American force, causing the Americans to abandon their Saint Lawrence campaign.
- 1865Treaty of Sinchula is signed by which Bhutan cedes the areas east of the Teesta River to the British East India Company.
- 1880Australian bushranger Ned Kelly is hanged at Melbourne Gaol.
- 1924Prime Minister Alexandros Papanastasiou proclaims the first recognized Greek Republic.
- 1930Patent number US1781541 is awarded to Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd for their invention, the Einstein refrigerator.
- 1940The German cruiser Atlantis captures top secret British mail, and sends it to Japan.
- 1942World War II: Nazi Germany completes its occupation of France.
- 1992The General Synod of the Church of England votes to allow women to become priests.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1901F. Van Wyck Mason, American author (d. 1978)
- 1907Orestis Laskos, Greek film director, screenwriter and poet (d. 1992)
- 1912Thomas C. Mann, American diplomat (d. 1999)
- 1938Ants Antson, Estonian speed skater
- 1957Oleg Vishnepolsky, American aphorist, software developer
- 1959Lee Haney, American bodybuilder
- 1960Chuck Hernandez, American baseball coach
- 1962Demi Moore, American actress
- 1974Static Major, American singer (d. 2008)
- 1986François Trinh-Duc, French rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.