November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2019 was the 315th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Beulah’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1887Construction of the Manchester Ship Canal begins at Eastham.
- 1889The State of Washington is admitted as the 42nd State of the United States.
- 1924Prime Minister Alexandros Papanastasiou proclaims the first recognized Greek Republic.
- 1934The Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne, Australia is opened.
- 1940World War II: Battle of Taranto – The Royal Navy launches the first aircraft carrier strike in history, on the Italian fleet at Taranto.
- 1942World War II: Nazi Germany completes its occupation of France.
- 1975Independence of Angola.
- 2001Journalists Pierre Billaud, Johanne Sutton and Volker Handloik are killed in Afghanistan during an attack on the convoy they are traveling in.
- 2004The Palestine Liberation Organization confirms the death of Yasser Arafat from unidentified causes. Mahmoud Abbas is elected chairman of the PLO minutes later.
- 2008RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) sets sail on her final voyage to Dubai.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1220Alphonse of Toulouse, son of Louis VIII of France (d. 1271)
- 1668Johann Albert Fabricius, German scholar and bibliographer (d. 1736)
- 1926Harry Lumley, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1998)
- 1928Gracita Morales, Spanish actress (d. 1995)
- 1951Kim Peek, American megasavant (d. 2009)
- 1955Dave Alvin, American songwriter and guitarist
- 1960Stanley Tucci, American actor and director
- 1973Jason White, American musician (Green Day)
- 1978Lou Vincent, New Zealand cricketer
- 1985Jessica Sierra, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.