November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2020 is the 316th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OEXEHVUAW? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OEXEHVUAW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 308At Carnuntum, Emperor emeritus Diocletian confers with Galerius, Augustus of the East, and Maximianus, the recently returned former Augustus of the West, in an attempt to restore order to the Roman Empire.
- 1215The Fourth Lateran Council meets, defining the doctrine of transubstantiation, the process by which bread and wine are, by that doctrine, said to transform into the body and blood of Christ.
- 1805Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Dürenstein – 8000 French troops attempt to slow the retreat of a vastly superior Russian and Austrian force.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea – Union General William Tecumseh Sherman begins burning Atlanta, Georgia to the ground in preparation for his march south.
- 1911Many cities in the Midwestern United States break their record highs and lows on the same day as a strong cold front rolls through.
- 1919Lāčplēša day – Latvian forces defeat the Freikorps at Riga in the Latvian War of Independence.
- 1934The Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne, Australia is opened.
- 1960A military coup against President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam is crushed.
- 1961thirteen Italian Air Force servicemen, deployed to the Congo as a part of the UN peacekeeping force are massacred by a mob in the course of the Kindu atrocity.
- 1999The House of Lords Act is given Royal Assent, restricting membership of the British House of Lords by virtue of a hereditary peerage.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1918Stubby Kaye, American comic actor (d. 1997)
- 1945Daniel Ortega, President of Nicaragua
- 1954Mary Gaitskill, American novelist
- 1960Chuck Hernandez, American baseball coach
- 1962James Morrison, Australian musician
- 1962Mic Michaeli, Swedish keyboardist
- 1966Alison Doody, Irish actress
- 1969Carson Kressley, American television personality
- 1971Jennifer Celotta, American TV producer and writer
- 1983Philipp Lahm, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.