November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2019 is the 315th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1805Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Dürenstein – 8000 French troops attempt to slow the retreat of a vastly superior Russian and Austrian force.
- 1869The Victorian Aboriginal Protection Act is enacted in Australia, giving the government control of indigenous people’s wages, their terms of employment, where they could live, and of their children, effectively leading to the Stolen Generations.
- 1918Józef Piłsudski assumes supreme military power in Poland - symbolic first day of Polish independence.
- 1921The Tomb of the Unknowns is dedicated by US President Warren G. Harding at Arlington National Cemetery.
- 1924Prime Minister Alexandros Papanastasiou proclaims the first recognized Greek Republic.
- 1926U.S. Route 66 is established.
- 1940World War II: Battle of Taranto – The Royal Navy launches the first aircraft carrier strike in history, on the Italian fleet at Taranto.
- 1944Dr. jur. Erich Göstl, a member of the Waffen SS, is presented with the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross, to recognise extreme battlefield bravery, after losing his face and eyes during the Battle of Normandy.
- 1992The General Synod of the Church of England votes to allow women to become priests.
- 2006Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II unveils the New Zealand War Memorial in London, United Kingdom, commemorating the loss of soldiers from the New Zealand Army and the British Army.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1569Martin Ruland the Younger, German physician and alchemist (d. 1611)
- 1882King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden (d. 1973)
- 1901F. Van Wyck Mason, American author (d. 1978)
- 1909Robert Ryan, American actor (d. 1973)
- 1911Roberto Matta, Chilean painter (d. 2002)
- 1930Vernon Handley, English conductor (d. 2008)
- 1938Haruhiro Yamashita, Japanese gymnast
- 1958Carlos Lacamara, Cuban-born American actor
- 1986Victor Cruz, American football player
- 1988Kyle Naughton, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.