November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2021 is the 315th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YHDLOAXUPQ? Check your answers here: Word scramble YHDLOAXUPQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1634Following pressure from Anglican bishop John Atherton, the Irish House of Commons passes An Act for the Punishment for the Vice of Buggery.
- 1673Second Battle of Khotyn in Ukraine: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth forces under the command of Jan Sobieski defeat the Ottoman army. In this battle, rockets made by Kazimierz Siemienowicz are successfully used.
- 1778Cherry Valley Massacre: Loyalists and Seneca Indian forces attack a fort and village in eastern New York during the American Revolutionary War, killing more than forty civilians and soldiers.
- 1887Anarchist Haymarket Martyrs August Spies, Albert Parsons, Adolph Fischer and George Engel are executed.
- 1918World War I: Germany signs an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car in the forest of Compiègne, France. The fighting officially ends at 11:00 a.m., (the eleventh hour in the eleventh month on the eleventh day) and this is annually honoured with a two-minute silence. The war officially ends on the signing of the Treaty of Versailles on 28th June, 1919.
- 1919The Centralia Massacre in Centralia, Washington results the deaths of four members of the American Legion and the lynching of a local leader of the Industrial Workers of the World.
- 1924Prime Minister Alexandros Papanastasiou proclaims the first recognized Greek Republic.
- 1962Kuwait’s National Assembly ratifies the Constitution of Kuwait.
- 2004The Palestine Liberation Organization confirms the death of Yasser Arafat from unidentified causes. Mahmoud Abbas is elected chairman of the PLO minutes later.
- 2006Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II unveils the New Zealand War Memorial in London, United Kingdom, commemorating the loss of soldiers from the New Zealand Army and the British Army.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1869King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy (d. 1947)
- 1872David I. Walsh, 46th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1947)
- 1882King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden (d. 1973)
- 1912Thomas C. Mann, American diplomat (d. 1999)
- 1919Kalle Päätalo, Finnish novelist (d. 2000)
- 1936Susan Kohner, American actress
- 1963Monty Sopp, American professional wrestler
- 1971Paul Chaloner, English TV e-sports commentator
- 1976Jesse F. Keeler, Canadian musician
- 1991Christa B. Allen, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.