November 11: Day of the Week
November 11, 2020 is the 316th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 50 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aurora’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1215The Fourth Lateran Council meets, defining the doctrine of transubstantiation, the process by which bread and wine are, by that doctrine, said to transform into the body and blood of Christ.
- 1500Treaty of Granada – Louis XII of France and Ferdinand II of Aragon agree to divide the Kingdom of Naples between them.
- 1620The Mayflower Compact is signed in what is now Provincetown Harbor near Cape Cod.
- 1750riots break out in Lhasa after the murder of the Tibetan regent.
- 1930Patent number US1781541 is awarded to Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd for their invention, the Einstein refrigerator.
- 1940Armistice Day Blizzard: An unexpected blizzard kills 144 in the U.S. Midwest.
- 1940The German cruiser Atlantis captures top secret British mail, and sends it to Japan.
- 1944Dr. jur. Erich Göstl, a member of the Waffen SS, is presented with the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross, to recognise extreme battlefield bravery, after losing his face and eyes during the Battle of Normandy.
- 2000Kaprun disaster: 155 skiers and snowboarders die when a cable car catches fire in an alpine tunnel in Kaprun, Austria.
- 2001Journalists Pierre Billaud, Johanne Sutton and Volker Handloik are killed in Afghanistan during an attack on the convoy they are traveling in.
Who were born on November 11?
- 1744Abigail Adams, First Lady of the United States (d. 1818)
- 1901F. Van Wyck Mason, American author (d. 1978)
- 1936Jack Keller, American songwriter (d. 2005)
- 1936Susan Kohner, American actress
- 1943Doug Frost, Australian swimming coach
- 1946Al Holbert, American racing driver and team owner (d. 1988)
- 1946Chris Dreja, British musician (The Yardbirds)
- 1976Jason Grilli, American baseball player
- 1978Lou Vincent, New Zealand cricketer
- 1989Lewis Williamson, British racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.