November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2021 is the 317th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VLKEEMIMIQKGE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters VLKEEMIMIQKGE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1160Louis VII of France marries Adele of Champagne.
- 1927The Holland Tunnel opens to traffic as the first Hudson River vehicle tunnel linking New Jersey to New York City.
- 1941World War II: The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal is torpedoed by GS U-81, sinking the following day.
- 1947The Soviet Union completes development of the AK-47, one of the first proper assault rifles.
- 1956The United States Supreme Court declares Alabama laws requiring segregated buses illegal, thus ending the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- 1966In response to Fatah raids against Israelis near the West Bank border, Israel launches an attack on the village of As-Samu.
- 1971The American space probe, Mariner 9, becomes the first spacecraft to orbit another planet successfully, swinging into its planned trajectory around Mars.
- 1985The volcano Nevado del Ruiz erupts and melts a glacier, causing a lahar (volcanic mudslide) that buries Armero, Colombia, killing approximately 23,000 people.
- 1986The Compact of Free Association becomes law, granting the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands independence from the United States.
- 1995A truck-bomb explodes outside of a US-operated Saudi Arabian National Guard training center in Riyadh, killing five Americans and two Indians. A group called the Islamic Movement for Change claims responsibility.
Who were born on November 13?
- 1699Jan Zach, Czech composer and musician (d. 1773)
- 1910Pat Reid, British Army officer and Colditz escapee (d. 1990)
- 1910William Bradford Huie, American writer and publisher (d. 1986)
- 1934Jimmy Fontana, Italian actor, composer and singer
- 1947Joe Mantegna, American actor
- 1969Lori Berenson, American activist
- 1975Quim, Portuguese footballer
- 1981Ryan Bertin, American amateur wrestler
- 1991Devon Bostick, Canadian actor
- 1996Austin Williams, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.