November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2018 was the 317th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1642First English Civil War: Battle of Turnham Green – the Royalist forces withdraw in the face of the Parliamentarian army and fail to take London.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: Patriot revolutionary forces under Gen. Richard Montgomery attack Montreal, Quebec, defended by British General Guy Carleton.
- 1956The United States Supreme Court declares Alabama laws requiring segregated buses illegal, thus ending the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- 1982Ray Mancini defeats Duk Koo Kim in a boxing match held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kim’s subsequent death (on November 17) leads to significant changes in the sport.
- 1982The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C. after a march to its site by thousands of Vietnam War veterans.
- 1988Mulugeta Seraw, an Ethiopian law student in Portland, Oregon is beaten to death by members of the Neo-Nazi group East Side White Pride.
- 1990In Aramoana, New Zealand, David Gray shoots dead 13 people, in what becomes known as the Aramoana Massacre.
- 1994In a referendum voters in Sweden decide to join the European Union.
- 2000Philippine House Speaker Manuel B. Villar, Jr. passes the articles of impeachment against Philippine President Joseph Estrada.
- 2002Iraq disarmament crisis: Iraq agrees to the terms of the UN Security Council Resolution 1441.
Who were born on November 13?
- 1699Jan Zach, Czech composer and musician (d. 1773)
- 1869Ariadna Tyrkova-Williams, Russian feminist (d. 1962)
- 1910William Bradford Huie, American writer and publisher (d. 1986)
- 1934Peter Arnett, New Zealand-born American journalist
- 1939Idris Muhammad, American jazz drummer
- 1945Masahiro Hasemi, Japanese racing driver
- 1953Andrew Ranken, English musician (The Pogues)
- 1960Neil Flynn, American actor
- 1968Pat Hentgen, American baseball player
- 1979Metta World Peace, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.