November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2022 is the 317th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ROIYIYAV? Check your answers here: Word solver ROIYIYAV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1002English king Æthelred II orders the killing of all Danes in England, known today as the St. Brice’s Day massacre.
- 1160Louis VII of France marries Adele of Champagne.
- 1864The new Constitution of Greece is adopted.
- 1916Prime Minister of Australia Billy Hughes is expelled from the Labor Party over his support for conscription.
- 1950General Carlos Delgado Chalbaud, President of Venezuela, is assassinated in Caracas.
- 1965The SS Yarmouth Castle burns and sinks 60 miles off Nassau with the loss of 90 lives.
- 1982Ray Mancini defeats Duk Koo Kim in a boxing match held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kim’s subsequent death (on November 17) leads to significant changes in the sport.
- 1986The Compact of Free Association becomes law, granting the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands independence from the United States.
- 1988Mulugeta Seraw, an Ethiopian law student in Portland, Oregon is beaten to death by members of the Neo-Nazi group East Side White Pride.
- 2002The oil tanker Prestige sinks off the Galician coast and causes a huge oil spill.
Who were born on November 13?
- 1866Abraham Flexner, American educator (d. 1959)
- 1897Gertrude Olmstead, American actress (d. 1975)
- 1906Hermione Baddeley, English actress (d. 1986)
- 1910Pat Reid, British Army officer and Colditz escapee (d. 1990)
- 1917Vasantdada Patil, Indian politician (d. 1989)
- 1945John B. Craig, American diplomat
- 1960Neil Flynn, American actor
- 1972Takuya Kimura, Japanese singer and actor
- 1978Nikolai Fraiture, American bassist (The Strokes)
- 1980Monique Coleman, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.