November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2020 is the 318th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Liam’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1642First English Civil War: Battle of Turnham Green – the Royalist forces withdraw in the face of the Parliamentarian army and fail to take London.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: Patriot revolutionary forces under Gen. Richard Montgomery attack Montreal, Quebec, defended by British General Guy Carleton.
- 1841James Braid first sees a demonstration of animal magnetism, which leads to his study of the subject he eventually calls hypnotism.
- 1864The new Constitution of Greece is adopted.
- 1901The 1901 Caister Lifeboat Disaster.
- 1918Allied troops occupy Constantinople, the capital of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1947The Soviet Union completes development of the AK-47, one of the first proper assault rifles.
- 1982The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is dedicated in Washington, D.C. after a march to its site by thousands of Vietnam War veterans.
- 1992The High Court of Australia rules in Dietrich v The Queen that although there is no absolute right to have publicly funded counsel, in most circumstances a judge should grant any request for an adjournment or stay when an accused is unrepresented.
- 1995A truck-bomb explodes outside of a US-operated Saudi Arabian National Guard training center in Riyadh, killing five Americans and two Indians. A group called the Islamic Movement for Change claims responsibility.
Who were born on November 13?
- 1886Mary Wigman, German dancer and choreographer (d. 1973)
- 1900Edward Buzzell, American film director (d. 1985)
- 1941Eberhard Diepgen, German politician
- 1942John Hammond, American musician
- 1947Amory Lovins, American environmentalist and author
- 1947Toy Caldwell, American guitarist (The Marshall Tucker Band) (d. 1993)
- 1952Art Malik, Pakistani-born English actor
- 1960Teodora Ungureanu, Romanian gymnast and Olympic medalist
- 1967Steve Zahn, American actor
- 1981Shawn Yue, Hong Kong actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.