November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2019 is the 317th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1864The new Constitution of Greece is adopted.
- 1901The 1901 Caister Lifeboat Disaster.
- 1918Allied troops occupy Constantinople, the capital of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1941World War II: The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal is torpedoed by GS U-81, sinking the following day.
- 1954Great Britain defeats France to capture the first ever Rugby League World Cup in Paris in front of around 30,000 spectators.
- 1965The SS Yarmouth Castle burns and sinks 60 miles off Nassau with the loss of 90 lives.
- 1970Bhola cyclone: A 150-mph tropical cyclone hits the densely populated Ganges Delta region of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh), killing an estimated 500,000 people in one night. This is regarded as the 20th century’s worst natural disaster.
- 1994In a referendum voters in Sweden decide to join the European Union.
- 1995A truck-bomb explodes outside of a US-operated Saudi Arabian National Guard training center in Riyadh, killing five Americans and two Indians. A group called the Islamic Movement for Change claims responsibility.
- 2002The oil tanker Prestige sinks off the Galician coast and causes a huge oil spill.
Who were born on November 13?
- 1486Johann Eck, German theologian (d. 1543)
- 1869Ariadna Tyrkova-Williams, Russian feminist (d. 1962)
- 1906Hermione Baddeley, English actress (d. 1986)
- 1929Fred Phelps, American pastor
- 1941David Green, entrepreneur
- 1948Humayun Ahmed, Bangladeshi novelist and film-maker
- 1973Ari Hoenig, American jazz drummer
- 1976Kelly Sotherton, English heptathlete
- 1979Metta World Peace, American basketball player
- 1984Lucas Barrios, Paraguayan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.