November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2019 is the 317th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kirsten’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1002English king Æthelred II orders the killing of all Danes in England, known today as the St. Brice’s Day massacre.
- 1927The Holland Tunnel opens to traffic as the first Hudson River vehicle tunnel linking New Jersey to New York City.
- 1941World War II: The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal is torpedoed by GS U-81, sinking the following day.
- 1966In response to Fatah raids against Israelis near the West Bank border, Israel launches an attack on the village of As-Samu.
- 1982Ray Mancini defeats Duk Koo Kim in a boxing match held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kim’s subsequent death (on November 17) leads to significant changes in the sport.
- 1985The volcano Nevado del Ruiz erupts and melts a glacier, causing a lahar (volcanic mudslide) that buries Armero, Colombia, killing approximately 23,000 people.
- 1988Mulugeta Seraw, an Ethiopian law student in Portland, Oregon is beaten to death by members of the Neo-Nazi group East Side White Pride.
- 1995A truck-bomb explodes outside of a US-operated Saudi Arabian National Guard training center in Riyadh, killing five Americans and two Indians. A group called the Islamic Movement for Change claims responsibility.
- 2000Philippine House Speaker Manuel B. Villar, Jr. passes the articles of impeachment against Philippine President Joseph Estrada.
- 2002The oil tanker Prestige sinks off the Galician coast and causes a huge oil spill.
Who were born on November 13?
- 532Augustine of Canterbury, Archbishop of Canterbury (d. 604)
- 1312King Edward III of England (d. 1377)
- 1801Amalie Auguste of Bavaria, queen of Saxony (d. 1877)
- 1914Alberto Lattuada, Italian film director (d. 2005)
- 1926Harry Hughes, 57th Governor of Maryland
- 1932Richard Mulligan, American actor (d. 2000)
- 1935P. Susheela, Indian singer
- 1949Yoshimi Ishibashi, Japanese racing driver
- 1980François-Louis Tremblay, Canadian speed skater
- 1986Marlene DeOliveira, Portuguese-American superstar and avid SkyMiles collector
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.