November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2021 is the 317th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DALXOQIOOX? Check your answers here: Word finder DALXOQIOOX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1642First English Civil War: Battle of Turnham Green – the Royalist forces withdraw in the face of the Parliamentarian army and fail to take London.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: Patriot revolutionary forces under Gen. Richard Montgomery attack Montreal, Quebec, defended by British General Guy Carleton.
- 1841James Braid first sees a demonstration of animal magnetism, which leads to his study of the subject he eventually calls hypnotism.
- 1916Prime Minister of Australia Billy Hughes is expelled from the Labor Party over his support for conscription.
- 1947The Soviet Union completes development of the AK-47, one of the first proper assault rifles.
- 1970Bhola cyclone: A 150-mph tropical cyclone hits the densely populated Ganges Delta region of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh), killing an estimated 500,000 people in one night. This is regarded as the 20th century’s worst natural disaster.
- 1971The American space probe, Mariner 9, becomes the first spacecraft to orbit another planet successfully, swinging into its planned trajectory around Mars.
- 1982Ray Mancini defeats Duk Koo Kim in a boxing match held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kim’s subsequent death (on November 17) leads to significant changes in the sport.
- 1990In Aramoana, New Zealand, David Gray shoots dead 13 people, in what becomes known as the Aramoana Massacre.
- 1992The High Court of Australia rules in Dietrich v The Queen that although there is no absolute right to have publicly funded counsel, in most circumstances a judge should grant any request for an adjournment or stay when an accused is unrepresented.
Who were born on November 13?
- 1714William Shenstone, English poet (d. 1763)
- 1732John Dickinson, American lawyer and Governor of Delaware and Pennsylvania (d. 1808)
- 1894Artur Nebe, German SS officer (d. 1945)
- 1913Alexander Scourby, American actor (d. 1985)
- 1935Tom Atkins, American actor
- 1941Eberhard Diepgen, German politician
- 1941Mel Stottlemyre, American baseball player and coach
- 1955Whoopi Goldberg, American actress, comedienne, and singer
- 1972Takuya Kimura, Japanese singer and actor
- 1979Subliminal, Israeli rapper and producer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.