November 13: Day of the Week
November 13, 2021 is the 317th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 48 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LEEUKQON? Check your answers here: Word scramble LEEUKQON. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1002English king Æthelred II orders the killing of all Danes in England, known today as the St. Brice’s Day massacre.
- 1160Louis VII of France marries Adele of Champagne.
- 1841James Braid first sees a demonstration of animal magnetism, which leads to his study of the subject he eventually calls hypnotism.
- 1916Prime Minister of Australia Billy Hughes is expelled from the Labor Party over his support for conscription.
- 1982Ray Mancini defeats Duk Koo Kim in a boxing match held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kim’s subsequent death (on November 17) leads to significant changes in the sport.
- 1985The volcano Nevado del Ruiz erupts and melts a glacier, causing a lahar (volcanic mudslide) that buries Armero, Colombia, killing approximately 23,000 people.
- 1986The Compact of Free Association becomes law, granting the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands independence from the United States.
- 2001War on Terrorism: In the first such act since World War II, US President George W. Bush signs an executive order allowing military tribunals against foreigners suspected of connections to terrorist acts or planned acts on the United States.
- 2002Iraq disarmament crisis: Iraq agrees to the terms of the UN Security Council Resolution 1441.
- 2007The Russian Federation officially withdraws from the Soviet-era Batumi military base, Georgia.
Who were born on November 13?
- 1856Louis Brandeis, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (d. 1941)
- 1869Ariadna Tyrkova-Williams, Russian feminist (d. 1962)
- 1872Leon Leonwood Bean, American inventor, author, outdoor enthusiast, founder of L.L.Bean (d. 1967)
- 1913Alexander Scourby, American actor (d. 1985)
- 1943Jay Sigel, American golfer
- 1947Toy Caldwell, American guitarist (The Marshall Tucker Band) (d. 1993)
- 1954Chris Noth, American actor
- 1968Pat Hentgen, American baseball player
- 1972Takuya Kimura, Japanese singer and actor
- 1981Mark Cardona, Filipino basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.