November 14: Day of the Week
November 14, 2021 was the 318th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 47 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BSSICQEIUE? Check your answers here: Word solver BSSICQEIUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1533Conquistadors from Spain under the leadership of Francisco Pizarro arrive in Cajamarca, Inca empire
- 1770James Bruce discovers what he believes to be the source of the Nile
- 1970Southern Airways Flight 932 crashes in the mountains near Huntington, West Virginia, killing 75, including members of the Marshall University football team.
- 1973In the United Kingdom, Princess Anne marries Captain Mark Phillips, in Westminster Abbey.
- 1975Spain abandons Western Sahara.
- 1982Lech Wałęsa, the leader of Poland’s outlawed Solidarity movement, is released after eleven months of internment near the Soviet border.
- 1984Zamboanga City mayor Cesar Climaco, a prominent critic of the government of Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos, is assassinated in his home city.
- 1990After German reunification, the Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Poland sign a treaty confirming the Oder-Neisse line as the border between Germany and Poland.
- 2002Argentina defaults on an $805 million World Bank payment.
- 2003Astronomers Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, and David L. Rabinowitz discover 90377 Sedna, a Trans-Neptunian object.
Who were born on November 14?
- 1601Jean Eudes, French missionary (d. 1680)
- 1912Barbara Hutton, American socialite (d. 1979)
- 1948Charles, Prince of Wales
- 1951Stephen Bishop, American musician
- 1954Bernard Hinault, French cyclist
- 1962Harland Williams, Canadian-born actor
- 1977Obie Trice, American rapper
- 1978Bobby Allen, American ice hockey player
- 1978Chris Shar, American musician (Stiffed (band)), (Man Man), (Santigold)
- 1978Michala Banas, New Zealand actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.