November 14: Day of the Week
November 14, 2023 is the 318th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 47 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UQAWONQBOTFA? Check your answers here: Word finder UQAWONQBOTFA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1889Pioneering female journalist Nellie Bly (aka Elizabeth Cochrane) begins a successful attempt to travel around the world in less than 80 days. She completes the trip in seventy-two days.
- 1918Czechoslovakia becomes a republic.
- 1921The Communist Party of Spain is founded.
- 1941World War II: In Slonim, German forces engaged in Operation Barbarossa murdered 9000 Jews in a single day.
- 1957The Apalachin Meeting outside Binghamton, New York is raided by law enforcement, and many high level Mafia figures are arrested.
- 1967The Congress of Colombia, in commemoration of the 150 years of the death of Policarpa Salavarrieta, declares this day as “Day of the Colombian Woman”.
- 1979Iran hostage crisis: US President Jimmy Carter issues Executive order 12170, freezing all Iranian assets in the United States in response to the hostage crisis.
- 2001War in Afghanistan: Afghan Northern Alliance fighters take over the capital Kabul.
- 2002Argentina defaults on an $805 million World Bank payment.
- 2007The last direct-current electrical distribution system in the United States is shut down in New York City by Con Edison.
Who were born on November 14?
- 1765Robert Fulton, American inventor (d. 1815)
- 1919Veronica Lake, American actress (d. 1973)
- 1937Murray Oliver, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1945Paul Hirsch, American film editor
- 1949Raul Di Blasio Argentine pianist, composer, producer
- 1957Michael J Fitzgerald, American writer
- 1960Remi Moses, English footballer
- 1971Adam Gilchrist, Australian cricketer
- 1974Matt Cedeño, Cuban-American actor
- 1975Nicolai Cleve Broch, Norwegian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.