November 14: Day of the Week
November 14, 2020 is the 319th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 47 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Calvin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1916World War I: The Battle of the Somme ends.
- 1952The first regular UK singles chart published by the New Musical Express.
- 1967The Congress of Colombia, in commemoration of the 150 years of the death of Policarpa Salavarrieta, declares this day as “Day of the Colombian Woman”.
- 1969Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 12, the second crewed mission to the surface of the Moon.
- 1970Soviet Union enters ICAO, making Russian the fourth official language of organization.
- 1975Spain abandons Western Sahara.
- 1982Lech Wałęsa, the leader of Poland’s outlawed Solidarity movement, is released after eleven months of internment near the Soviet border.
- 1991American and British authorities announce indictments against two Libyan intelligence officials in connection with the downing of the Pan Am Flight 103.
- 2001War in Afghanistan: Afghan Northern Alliance fighters take over the capital Kabul.
- 2003Astronomers Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, and David L. Rabinowitz discover 90377 Sedna, a Trans-Neptunian object.
Who were born on November 14?
- 1719Leopold Mozart, Austrian composer, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s father (d. 1787)
- 1765Robert Fulton, American inventor (d. 1815)
- 1840Claude Monet, French painter (d. 1926)
- 1898Benjamin Fondane, Romanian-French writer and filmmaker (d. 1944)
- 1921Brian Keith, American actor (d. 1997)
- 1927Narciso Yepes, Spanish classical guitarist (d. 1997)
- 1935Lefteris Papadopoulos, Greek lyricist and journalist
- 1955Jack Sikma, American basketball player
- 1964Patrick Warburton, American actor
- 1975Gary Vaynerchuk, Russian/American wine expert
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.