November 14: Day of the Week
November 14, 2019 is the 318th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 47 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Levi’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1862American Civil War: President Abraham Lincoln approves General Ambrose Burnside’s plan to capture the Confederate capital at Richmond, Virginia, leading to the Battle of Fredericksburg.
- 1918Czechoslovakia becomes a republic.
- 1940World War II: In England, the city of Coventry is heavily bombed by German Luftwaffe bombers. Coventry Cathedral is almost completely destroyed.
- 1941World War II: In Slonim, German forces engaged in Operation Barbarossa murdered 9000 Jews in a single day.
- 1979Iran hostage crisis: US President Jimmy Carter issues Executive order 12170, freezing all Iranian assets in the United States in response to the hostage crisis.
- 1990After German reunification, the Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Poland sign a treaty confirming the Oder-Neisse line as the border between Germany and Poland.
- 1991American and British authorities announce indictments against two Libyan intelligence officials in connection with the downing of the Pan Am Flight 103.
- 1991Cambodian Prince Norodom Sihanouk returns to Phnom Penh after thirteen years of exile.
- 1995A budget standoff between Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. Congress forces the federal government to temporarily close national parks and museums and to run most government offices with skeleton staffs.
- 2001War in Afghanistan: Afghan Northern Alliance fighters take over the capital Kabul.
Who were born on November 14?
- 1746Giulio Gabrielli the Younger, Italian Cardinal (d. 1822)
- 1771Marie François Xavier Bichat, French anatomist and physiologist (d. 1802)
- 1907Howard W. Hunter, American religious leader (d. 1995)
- 1912T. Y. Lin, Chinese-born civil engineer (d. 2003)
- 1924Leonid Borisovitch Kogan, Russian violinist (d. 1982)
- 1935Michael Busselle, English photographer and writer (d. 2006)
- 1954Bernard Hinault, French cyclist
- 1970David Wesley, American basketball player
- 1972Edyta Górniak, Polish singer
- 1972Martin Pike, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.