November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2020 is the 322nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gilbert’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 473The future Leo II is named associate emperor by Leo I.
- 794Japanese Emperor Kammu changes his residence from Nara to Kyoto.
- 1831Ecuador and Venezuela are separated from Greater Colombia.
- 1839Oberto, Giuseppe Verdi’s first opera, opens at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan,
- 1869In Egypt, the Suez Canal, linking the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, is inaugurated.
- 1922Former Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI goes into exile in Italy.
- 1933United States recognizes Soviet Union.
- 1953The remaining human inhabitants of the Blasket Islands, Kerry, Ireland are evacuated to the mainland.
- 1968British European Airways introduces the BAC One-Eleven into commercial service.
- 2009Administrators at the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia discover their servers had been hacked and thousands of emails and files on climate change had been stolen, which would serve as the basis of the “Climategate” controversy.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1901Walter Hallstein, German politician (d. 1982)
- 1905Mischa Auer, American actor (d. 1967)
- 1927Robert Drasnin, American musician and composer
- 1942Bob Gaudio, singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer. Keyboardist/backing vocalist for The Four Seasons (band)
- 1946Martin Barre, English rock musician (Jethro Tull)
- 1947Steven E. de Souza, American scriptwriter
- 1965Amanda Brown, Australian musician (The Go-Betweens) and composer
- 1973Alexei Urmanov, Russian figure skater
- 1977Paul Shepherd, English footballer
- 1983Christopher Paolini, American novelist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.