November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2022 is the 321st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LQJFYXOAFIIOX? Check your answers here: Unscramble words LQJFYXOAFIIOX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 473The future Leo II is named associate emperor by Leo I.
- 1183The Battle of Mizushima.
- 1558Elizabethan era begins: Queen Mary I of England dies and is succeeded by her half-sister Elizabeth I of England.
- 1839Oberto, Giuseppe Verdi’s first opera, opens at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan,
- 1856American Old West: On the Sonoita River in present-day southern Arizona, the United States Army establishes Fort Buchanan in order to help control new land acquired in the Gadsden Purchase.
- 1858Modified Julian Day zero.
- 1869In Egypt, the Suez Canal, linking the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, is inaugurated.
- 1871The National Rifle Association is granted a charter by the state of New York.
- 1919King George V of the United Kingdom proclaims Armistice Day (later Remembrance Day). The idea is first suggested by Edward George Honey.
- 2000A catastrophic landslide in Log pod Mangartom, Slovenia, kills 7, and causes millions of SIT of damage. It is one of the worst catastrophes in Slovenia in the past 100 years.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1878Grace Abbott, American social worker (d. 1939)
- 1901Walter Hallstein, German politician (d. 1982)
- 1925Jean Faut, American baseball player
- 1944Rem Koolhaas, Dutch architect
- 1946Martin Barre, English rock musician (Jethro Tull)
- 1947Steven E. de Souza, American scriptwriter
- 1972Kimya Dawson, American singer
- 1975Jerome James, American basketball player
- 1976Brandon Call, American actor
- 1977Paul Shepherd, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.