November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2021 is the 321st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tamara’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 473The future Leo II is named associate emperor by Leo I.
- 1558Elizabethan era begins: Queen Mary I of England dies and is succeeded by her half-sister Elizabeth I of England.
- 1659The Peace of the Pyrenees is signed between France and Spain.
- 1777Articles of Confederation are submitted to the states for ratification.
- 1811José Miguel Carrera, Chilean founding father, is sworn in as President of the executive Junta of the government of Chile.
- 1831Ecuador and Venezuela are separated from Greater Colombia.
- 1839Oberto, Giuseppe Verdi’s first opera, opens at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan,
- 1858Modified Julian Day zero.
- 1968Viewers of the Raiders–Jets football game in the eastern United States are denied the opportunity to watch its exciting finish when NBC broadcasts Heidi instead, prompting changes to sports broadcasting in the U.S.
- 2000A catastrophic landslide in Log pod Mangartom, Slovenia, kills 7, and causes millions of SIT of damage. It is one of the worst catastrophes in Slovenia in the past 100 years.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1790August Ferdinand Möbius, German mathematician (d. 1868)
- 1793Charles Lock Eastlake, British painter (d. 1865)
- 1878Grace Abbott, American social worker (d. 1939)
- 1922Stanley Cohen, American biochemist, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- 1940Luke Kelly, Irish folk music singer and banjo player (d. 1984)
- 1947Robert “Stewkey” Antoni lead vocalist and keyboardist for Nazz
- 1951Butch Davis, American football coach
- 1957Debbie Thrower, news reader
- 1979Matthew Spring, English footballer
- 1982Otacílio Mariano Neto, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.