November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2019 is the 321st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1558Elizabethan era begins: Queen Mary I of England dies and is succeeded by her half-sister Elizabeth I of England.
- 1811José Miguel Carrera, Chilean founding father, is sworn in as President of the executive Junta of the government of Chile.
- 1863American Civil War: Siege of Knoxville begins – Confederate forces led by General James Longstreet place Knoxville, Tennessee under siege.
- 1876Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s Slavonic March is given its première performance in Moscow.
- 1968British European Airways introduces the BAC One-Eleven into commercial service.
- 1969Cold War: Negotiators from the Soviet Union and the United States meet in Helsinki to begin SALT I negotiations aimed at limiting the number of strategic weapons on both sides.
- 1970Douglas Engelbart receives the patent for the first computer mouse.
- 1989Cold War: Velvet Revolution begins: In Czechoslovakia, a student demonstration in Prague is quelled by riot police. This sparks an uprising aimed at overthrowing the communist government (it succeeds on December 29).
- 2000A catastrophic landslide in Log pod Mangartom, Slovenia, kills 7, and causes millions of SIT of damage. It is one of the worst catastrophes in Slovenia in the past 100 years.
- 2009Administrators at the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia discover their servers had been hacked and thousands of emails and files on climate change had been stolen, which would serve as the basis of the “Climategate” controversy.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1895Gregorio López y Fuentes, Mexican author (d. 1966)
- 1906Rollie Stiles, American baseball player (d. 2007)
- 1920Camillo Felgen, Luxembourgish singer (d. 2005)
- 1923Mike Garcia, American baseball player (d. 1986)
- 1943Lauren Hutton, American actress
- 1951Butch Davis, American football coach
- 1954Mark Brandon Read, Australian criminal
- 1966Ben Allison, American jazz bassist and composer
- 1982Lucy Durack, Australian Singer/Performer
- 1983Ryan Bradley, American figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.