November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2018 is the 321st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 794Japanese Emperor Kammu changes his residence from Nara to Kyoto.
- 1659The Peace of the Pyrenees is signed between France and Spain.
- 1777Articles of Confederation are submitted to the states for ratification.
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Krasnoi.
- 1903The Russian Social Democratic Labor Party splits into two groups; the Bolsheviks (Russian for “majority”) and Mensheviks (Russian for “minority”).
- 1911Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Incorporated, which is the first black Greek-lettered organization founded at an HBCU, was founded on the campus of Howard University in Washington,DC.
- 1933United States recognizes Soviet Union.
- 1947American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.
- 1969Cold War: Negotiators from the Soviet Union and the United States meet in Helsinki to begin SALT I negotiations aimed at limiting the number of strategic weapons on both sides.
- 1970Luna program: The Soviet Union lands Lunokhod 1 on Mare Imbrium (Sea of Rains) on the Moon. This is the first roving remote-controlled robot to land on another world and is released by the orbiting Luna 17 spacecraft.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1923Bert Sutcliffe, New Zealand cricketer (d. 2001)
- 1948Howard Dean, American politician, 75th Lieutenant Governor of Vermont & 79th Governor of Vermont
- 1956Graham Jones, British author and psychologist
- 1960RuPaul, American drag entertainer
- 1968Amber Michaels, German pornographic actress
- 1973Bernd Schneider, German footballer
- 1982Katie Feenstra-Mattera, American basketball player
- 1983Ryan Bradley, American figure skater
- 1983Scott Moore, American baseball player
- 1987Gemma Spofforth, British swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.