November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2018 is the 321st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 473The future Leo II is named associate emperor by Leo I.
- 1511Spain and England ally against France.
- 1796Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Arcole – French forces defeat the Austrians in Italy.
- 1811José Miguel Carrera, Chilean founding father, is sworn in as President of the executive Junta of the government of Chile.
- 1831Ecuador and Venezuela are separated from Greater Colombia.
- 1922Former Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI goes into exile in Italy.
- 1922The first executions during the Irish Civil War take place when five Irish Republican Army members are sent to the firing squad by the Irish Free State.
- 1968British European Airways introduces the BAC One-Eleven into commercial service.
- 1969Cold War: Negotiators from the Soviet Union and the United States meet in Helsinki to begin SALT I negotiations aimed at limiting the number of strategic weapons on both sides.
- 1997In Luxor, Egypt, 62 people are killed by 6 Islamic militants outside the Temple of Hatshepsut, known as Luxor massacre (The police then kill the assailants).
Who were born on November 17?
- 1854Hubert Lyautey, French general (d. 1934)
- 1899Douglas Shearer, Canadian film sound engineer (d. 1971)
- 1901Lee Strasberg, Austrian director (d. 1982)
- 1904Isamu Noguchi, American sculptor (d. 1988)
- 1930Bob Mathias, American decathlete (d. 2006)
- 1934Fenella Fielding, English actress
- 1938Gordon Lightfoot, Canadian singer
- 1943Lauren Hutton, American actress
- 1966Richard Fortus, American guitarist (Guns N' Roses)
- 1974Berto Romero, Spanish humorist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.