November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2018 is the 321st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 794Japanese Emperor Kammu changes his residence from Nara to Kyoto.
- 1603English explorer, writer and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh goes on trial for treason.
- 1659The Peace of the Pyrenees is signed between France and Spain.
- 1810Sweden declares war on its ally the United Kingdom to begin the Anglo-Swedish War, although no fighting ever takes place.
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Krasnoi.
- 1869In Egypt, the Suez Canal, linking the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, is inaugurated.
- 1947American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.
- 1970Vietnam War: Lieutenant William Calley goes on trial for the My Lai massacre.
- 1989Cold War: Velvet Revolution begins: In Czechoslovakia, a student demonstration in Prague is quelled by riot police. This sparks an uprising aimed at overthrowing the communist government (it succeeds on December 29).
- 1997In Luxor, Egypt, 62 people are killed by 6 Islamic militants outside the Temple of Hatshepsut, known as Luxor massacre (The police then kill the assailants).
Who were born on November 17?
- 1755Louis XVIII of France (d. 1824)
- 1854Hubert Lyautey, French general (d. 1934)
- 1923Bert Sutcliffe, New Zealand cricketer (d. 2001)
- 1954Mark Brandon Read, Australian criminal
- 1955Dennis Maruk, Canadian hockey player
- 1966Richard Fortus, American guitarist (Guns N' Roses)
- 1966Sophie Marceau, French actress
- 1968Sean Miller, American basketball coach
- 1973Alexei Urmanov, Russian figure skater
- 1976Brandon Call, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.