November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2020 is the 322nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gayle’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 473The future Leo II is named associate emperor by Leo I.
- 1183The Battle of Mizushima.
- 1558Elizabethan era begins: Queen Mary I of England dies and is succeeded by her half-sister Elizabeth I of England.
- 1858Modified Julian Day zero.
- 1869In Egypt, the Suez Canal, linking the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea, is inaugurated.
- 1919King George V of the United Kingdom proclaims Armistice Day (later Remembrance Day). The idea is first suggested by Edward George Honey.
- 1968Alexandros Panagoulis is condemned to death for attempting to assassinate Greek dictator George Papadopoulos.
- 1968British European Airways introduces the BAC One-Eleven into commercial service.
- 1970Luna program: The Soviet Union lands Lunokhod 1 on Mare Imbrium (Sea of Rains) on the Moon. This is the first roving remote-controlled robot to land on another world and is released by the orbiting Luna 17 spacecraft.
- 2000Alberto Fujimori is removed from office as president of Peru.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1911Christian Fouchet, French diplomat (d. 1974)
- 1942Bob Gaudio, singer, songwriter, musician, and record producer. Keyboardist/backing vocalist for The Four Seasons (band)
- 1944Lorne Michaels, Canadian producer
- 1956Graham Jones, British author and psychologist
- 1959Terry Fenwick, English footballer
- 1964Ralph Garman, American actor and radio personality
- 1973Andreas “Vintersorg” Hedlund, Swedish singer (Vintersorg)
- 1981Sarah Harding, English singer (Girls Aloud)
- 1983Ryan Bradley, American figure skater
- 1986Nani, Portuguese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.