November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2017 was the 321st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 473The future Leo II is named associate emperor by Leo I.
- 1796Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Arcole – French forces defeat the Austrians in Italy.
- 1800The United States Congress holds its first session in Washington, D.C.
- 1903The Russian Social Democratic Labor Party splits into two groups; the Bolsheviks (Russian for “majority”) and Mensheviks (Russian for “minority”).
- 1922Former Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI goes into exile in Italy.
- 1953The remaining human inhabitants of the Blasket Islands, Kerry, Ireland are evacuated to the mainland.
- 1967Vietnam War: Acting on optimistic reports that he had been given on November 13, US President Lyndon B. Johnson tells the nation that, while much remained to be done, “We are inflicting greater losses than we're taking..We are making progress.”
- 1968British European Airways introduces the BAC One-Eleven into commercial service.
- 1979Brisbane Suburban Railway Electrification. The first stage from Ferny Grove to Darra is commissioned.
- 2009Administrators at the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia discover their servers had been hacked and thousands of emails and files on climate change had been stolen, which would serve as the basis of the “Climategate” controversy.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1793Charles Lock Eastlake, British painter (d. 1865)
- 1902Eugene Wigner, Hungarian physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1995)
- 1927Robert Drasnin, American musician and composer
- 1934Fenella Fielding, English actress
- 1934Jim Inhofe, American politician
- 1950Tom Walkinshaw, Scottish race car driver and race team owner (d. 2010)
- 1978Glen Air, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1986Nani, Portuguese footballer
- 1987Gemma Spofforth, British swimmer
- 1990Shanica Knowles, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.