November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2021 is the 321st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IEEUFISQ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IEEUFISQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1558Elizabethan era begins: Queen Mary I of England dies and is succeeded by her half-sister Elizabeth I of England.
- 1810Sweden declares war on its ally the United Kingdom to begin the Anglo-Swedish War, although no fighting ever takes place.
- 1855David Livingstone becomes the first European to see the Victoria Falls in what is now present-day Zambia-Zimbabwe.
- 1858Modified Julian Day zero.
- 1863American Civil War: Siege of Knoxville begins – Confederate forces led by General James Longstreet place Knoxville, Tennessee under siege.
- 1871The National Rifle Association is granted a charter by the state of New York.
- 1878First assassination attempt against Umberto I of Italy.
- 1939Nine Czech students are executed as a response to anti-Nazi demonstrations prompted by the death of Jan Opletal. In addition, all Czech universities are shut down and over 1200 Czech students sent to concentration camps. Since this event, International Students’ Day is celebrated in many countries, especially in the Czech Republic.
- 1947American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.
- 1983The Zapatista Army of National Liberation is founded in Mexico.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1878Lise Meitner, Austrian physicist (d. 1968)
- 1907Israel Regardie, Aleister Crowley’s secretary (d. 1985)
- 1923Mike Garcia, American baseball player (d. 1986)
- 1927Robert Brown, American actor
- 1947Steven E. de Souza, American scriptwriter
- 1963Randy Black, Canadian drummer (Annihilator)
- 1972Joanne Goode, English badminton player
- 1973Eli Marrero, American baseball player
- 1986Fabio Concas, Italian footballer
- 1992Darian Weiss, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.