November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2020 is the 322nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZOCDAA? Check your answers here: Word solver ZOCDAA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 794Japanese Emperor Kammu changes his residence from Nara to Kyoto.
- 1183The Battle of Mizushima.
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Krasnoi.
- 1831Ecuador and Venezuela are separated from Greater Colombia.
- 1919King George V of the United Kingdom proclaims Armistice Day (later Remembrance Day). The idea is first suggested by Edward George Honey.
- 1947American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.
- 1962President John F. Kennedy dedicates Dulles International Airport, serving the Washington, D.C. region.
- 1973Watergate scandal: In Orlando, Florida, US President Richard Nixon tells 400 Associated Press managing editors “I am not a crook”.
- 1982Duk Koo Kim dies unexpectedly from injuries sustained during a 14-round match against Ray Mancini in Las Vegas, Nevada, prompting reforms in the sport of boxing.
- 1989Cold War: Velvet Revolution begins: In Czechoslovakia, a student demonstration in Prague is quelled by riot police. This sparks an uprising aimed at overthrowing the communist government (it succeeds on December 29).
Who were born on November 17?
- 1729Maria Antonietta of Spain, queen of Sardinia (d. 1785)
- 1749Nicolas Appert, French inventor (d. 1841)
- 1939Auberon Waugh, British author (d. 2001)
- 1946Terry E. Branstad, Governor of Iowa
- 1948East Bay Ray, American musician
- 1966Jeff Buckley, American musician (d. 1997)
- 1974Berto Romero, Spanish humorist
- 1982Lucy Durack, Australian Singer/Performer
- 1986Luis Aguiar, Uruguayan footballer
- 1986Nani, Portuguese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.