November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2021 is the 321st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FIZEHAW? Check your answers here: Word solver FIZEHAW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1183The Battle of Mizushima.
- 1558Elizabethan era begins: Queen Mary I of England dies and is succeeded by her half-sister Elizabeth I of England.
- 1659The Peace of the Pyrenees is signed between France and Spain.
- 1856American Old West: On the Sonoita River in present-day southern Arizona, the United States Army establishes Fort Buchanan in order to help control new land acquired in the Gadsden Purchase.
- 1858Modified Julian Day zero.
- 1863American Civil War: Siege of Knoxville begins – Confederate forces led by General James Longstreet place Knoxville, Tennessee under siege.
- 1878First assassination attempt against Umberto I of Italy.
- 1903The Russian Social Democratic Labor Party splits into two groups; the Bolsheviks (Russian for “majority”) and Mensheviks (Russian for “minority”).
- 1973Watergate scandal: In Orlando, Florida, US President Richard Nixon tells 400 Associated Press managing editors “I am not a crook”.
- 1997In Luxor, Egypt, 62 people are killed by 6 Islamic militants outside the Temple of Hatshepsut, known as Luxor massacre (The police then kill the assailants).
Who were born on November 17?
- 1922Stanley Cohen, American biochemist, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- 1925Jean Faut, American baseball player
- 1944Tom Seaver, American baseball player
- 1960Jonathan Ross, British TV presenter
- 1969Jean-Michel Saive, Belgian table tennis player
- 1972Leonard Roberts, American actor
- 1976Brandon Call, American actor
- 1979Matthew Spring, English footballer
- 1982Lucy Durack, Australian Singer/Performer
- 1983Scott Moore, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.