November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2019 is the 321st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1603English explorer, writer and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh goes on trial for treason.
- 1777Articles of Confederation are submitted to the states for ratification.
- 1800The United States Congress holds its first session in Washington, D.C.
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Krasnoi.
- 1903The Russian Social Democratic Labor Party splits into two groups; the Bolsheviks (Russian for “majority”) and Mensheviks (Russian for “minority”).
- 1922Former Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI goes into exile in Italy.
- 1947American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.
- 1947The Screen Actors Guild implements an anti-Communist loyalty oath.
- 1957Vickers Viscount G-AOHP of British European Airways crashes at Ballerup after the failure of three engines on approach to Copenhagen Airport. The cause is a malfunction of the anti-icing system on the aircraft.
- 1968Alexandros Panagoulis is condemned to death for attempting to assassinate Greek dictator George Papadopoulos.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1753Gotthilf Heinrich Ernst Muhlenberg, American clergyman and botanist (d. 1815)
- 1877Frank Calder, British-born Canadian sports executive (d. 1943)
- 1906Rollie Stiles, American baseball player (d. 2007)
- 1951Butch Davis, American football coach
- 1963Randy Black, Canadian drummer (Annihilator)
- 1964Ralph Garman, American actor and radio personality
- 1966Daisy Fuentes, Cuban model and actress
- 1976Jacqueline Aguilera, Venezuelan beauty queen
- 1983Christopher Paolini, American novelist
- 1987Gemma Spofforth, British swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.