November 17: Day of the Week
November 17, 2022 is the 321st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XIVGRUOU? Check your answers here: Word search XIVGRUOU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 17 Historical Event(s)
- 473The future Leo II is named associate emperor by Leo I.
- 794Japanese Emperor Kammu changes his residence from Nara to Kyoto.
- 1839Oberto, Giuseppe Verdi’s first opera, opens at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan,
- 1878First assassination attempt against Umberto I of Italy.
- 1968Alexandros Panagoulis is condemned to death for attempting to assassinate Greek dictator George Papadopoulos.
- 1970Douglas Engelbart receives the patent for the first computer mouse.
- 1979Brisbane Suburban Railway Electrification. The first stage from Ferny Grove to Darra is commissioned.
- 1983The Zapatista Army of National Liberation is founded in Mexico.
- 1990Fugendake, part of the Mount Unzen volcanic complex, Nagasaki prefecture, Japan becomes active again and erupts.
- 2000Alberto Fujimori is removed from office as president of Peru.
Who were born on November 17?
- 1685Pierre Gaultier, French-Canadian trader and explorer (d. 1749)
- 1886Walter Terence Stace, British philosopher (d. 1967)
- 1897Frank Fay, American actor (d. 1961)
- 1960Mandy Yachad, former South African cricketer
- 1965Amanda Brown, Australian musician (The Go-Betweens) and composer
- 1968Sean Miller, American basketball coach
- 1969Rebecca Walker, American feminist writer
- 1969Ryotaro Okiayu, Japanese voice actor
- 1972Leonard Roberts, American actor
- 1980Brad Bradley, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.