November 17, 1947: Day of the Week
November 17, 1947 was the 321st day of the year 1947 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 44 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
A person born on this day will be 75 years old today. If that same person saved a Quarter every day starting at age 3, then by now that person has accumulated $6,654.75 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QRPIBIKUYXOOK? Check your answers here: Word search QRPIBIKUYXOOK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the November 1947 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1947 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
November 17, 1947 Historical Event(s)
- 1947American scientists John Bardeen and Walter Brattain observe the basic principles of the transistor, a key element for the electronics revolution of the 20th Century.
- 1947The Screen Actors Guild implements an anti-Communist loyalty oath.
Who were born on November 17, 1947?
- 1947Inky Mark, Canadian politician
- 1947Robert “Stewkey” Antoni lead vocalist and keyboardist for Nazz
- 1947Steven E. de Souza, American scriptwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.