November 18: Day of the Week
November 18, 2020 is the 323rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 43 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Vickie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1302Pope Boniface VIII issues the Papal bull Unam sanctam (One Faith).
- 1421A seawall at the Zuiderzee dike in the Netherlands breaks, flooding 72 villages and killing about 10,000 people. This event will be known as Sint-Elisabethsvloed.
- 1803The Battle of Vertières, the last major battle of the Haitian Revolution, is fought, leading to the establishment of the Republic of Haiti, the first black republic in the Western Hemisphere.
- 1883American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.
- 1904General Esteban Huertas steps down after the government of Panama fears he wants to stage a coup.
- 1905Prince Carl of Denmark becomes King Haakon VII of Norway.
- 1918Latvia declares its independence from Russia.
- 1926George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, “I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize”.
- 1928Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey’s birthday.
- 1987Iran-Contra Affair: the U.S. Congress issues its final report on the Iran-Contra Affair.
Who were born on November 18?
- 1774Princess Wilhelmine of Prussia, Queen of the Netherlands (d. 1837)
- 1928Salvador Laurel, Filipino politician (d. 2004)
- 1935Rudolf Bahro, German dissident (d. 1997)
- 1936Ennio Antonelli, Italian cardinal
- 1954John Parr, British pop singer
- 1956Noel Brotherston, Northern Irish footballer (d. 1995)
- 1960Kim Wilde, British singer
- 1978Damien Johnson, Northern Irish footballer
- 1980Dustin Kensrue, American singer (Thrice)
- 1980Luke Chadwick, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.