November 18: Day of the Week
November 18, 2019 is the 322nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 43 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 18 Historical Event(s)
- 401The Visigoths, led by king Alaric I, cross the Alps and invade northern Italy.
- 1494French King Charles VIII occupies Florence, Italy.
- 1909Two United States warships are sent to Nicaragua after 500 revolutionaries (including two Americans) are executed by order of José Santos Zelaya.
- 1926George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, “I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize”.
- 19291929 Grand Banks earthquake: off the south coast of Newfoundland in the Atlantic Ocean, a Richter magnitude 7.2 submarine earthquake, centered on Grand Banks, breaks 12 submarine transatlantic telegraph cables and triggers a tsunami that destroys many south coast communities in the Burin Peninsula.
- 1930Sōka Kyōiku Gakkai, a Buddhist association later renamed Sōka Gakkai, is founded by Japanese educators Tsunesaburo Makiguchi and Josei Toda.
- 1940New York City’s “Mad Bomber” George Metesky places his first bomb at a Manhattan office building used by Consolidated Edison.
- 1988War on Drugs: U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs a bill into law allowing the death penalty for drug traffickers.
- 2002Iraq disarmament crisis: United Nations weapons inspectors led by Hans Blix arrive in Iraq.
- 2003In the United Kingdom, the Local Government Act 2003, repealing controversial anti-gay amendment Section 28, becomes effective.
Who were born on November 18?
- 1630Empress Eleanor Gonzaga of the Holy Roman Empire (d. 1686)
- 1774Princess Wilhelmine of Prussia, Queen of the Netherlands (d. 1837)
- 1899Eugene Ormandy, Hungarian-born American violinist and conductor (d. 1985)
- 1907Gustav Nezval, Czech actor (d. 1998)
- 1925Gene Mauch, American baseball manager (d. 2005)
- 1948Andrea Marcovicci, American singer and actress
- 1957Seán Mac Falls, Irish poet
- 1958Daniel Brailovsky, Argentine football manager
- 1963Joost Zwagerman, Dutch writer
- 1976Sage Francis, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.