November 18: Day of the Week
November 18, 2019 is the 322nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 43 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jacquelyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1626St. Peter’s Basilica is consecrated.
- 1803The Battle of Vertières, the last major battle of the Haitian Revolution, is fought, leading to the establishment of the Republic of Haiti, the first black republic in the Western Hemisphere.
- 1809In a naval action during the Napoleonic Wars, French frigates defeat British East Indiamen in the Bay of Bengal.
- 1863King Christian IX of Denmark decides to sign the November constitution that declares Schleswig to be part of Denmark. This is seen by the German Confederation as a violation of the London Protocol and leads to the German–Danish war of 1864.
- 1905Prince Carl of Denmark becomes King Haakon VII of Norway.
- 1916World War I: First Battle of the Somme– in France, British Expeditionary Force commander Douglas Haig calls off the battle which started on July 1, 1916.
- 19291929 Grand Banks earthquake: off the south coast of Newfoundland in the Atlantic Ocean, a Richter magnitude 7.2 submarine earthquake, centered on Grand Banks, breaks 12 submarine transatlantic telegraph cables and triggers a tsunami that destroys many south coast communities in the Burin Peninsula.
- 1938Trade union members elect John L. Lewis as the first president of the Congress of Industrial Organizations.
- 1940World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler and Italian Foreign Minister Galeazzo Ciano meet to discuss Benito Mussolini’s disastrous invasion of Greece.
- 1987Iran-Contra Affair: the U.S. Congress issues its final report on the Iran-Contra Affair.
Who were born on November 18?
- 1882Amelita Galli-Curci, Italian soprano (d. 1963)
- 1906George Wald, American scientist, Nobel laureate (d. 1997)
- 1907Gustav Nezval, Czech actor (d. 1998)
- 1923Ted Stevens, American politician (d. 2010)
- 1932Danny McDevitt, American baseball player (d. 2010)
- 1948Andrea Marcovicci, American singer and actress
- 1968Romany Malco, American actor and music producer
- 1981Christina Vidal, American actress
- 1981Shin Ji, Korean singer
- 1984Johnny Christ, American bassist (Avenged Sevenfold)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.