November 18: Day of the Week
November 18, 2021 is the 322nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 43 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters STOEXNATM? Check your answers here: Word solver STOEXNATM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1626St. Peter’s Basilica is consecrated.
- 1686Charles Francois Felix operates on King Louis XIV of France’s anal fistula after practicing the surgery on several peasants.
- 1730Frederick II (known as Frederick the Great), King of Prussia, is granted a royal pardon and released from confinement.
- 1865Mark Twain’s short story The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County is published in the New York Saturday Press.
- 1883American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.
- 1928Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey’s birthday.
- 1963The first push-button telephone goes into service.
- 1978In Jonestown, Guyana, Jim Jones led his Peoples Temple cult to a mass murder-suicide that claimed 918 lives in all, 909 of them in Jonestown itself, including over 270 children. Congressman Leo J. Ryan is murdered by members of the Peoples Temple hours earlier.
- 1987King’s Cross fire: in London, 31 people die in a fire at the city’s busiest underground station, King’s Cross St Pancras.
- 1988War on Drugs: U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs a bill into law allowing the death penalty for drug traffickers.
Who were born on November 18?
- 1787Louis-Jacques Daguerre, French inventor and photographer (d. 1851)
- 1882Jacques Maritain, French philosopher (d. 1973)
- 1886Ferenc Münnich, Hungarian Communist politician (d. 1967)
- 1924Les Lye, Canadian actor (d. 2009)
- 1944Wolfgang Joop, German artist and fashion designer
- 1954Evan Gray, New Zealand cricketer
- 1959Cindy Blackman, American jazz and rock drummer
- 1977Trent Barrett, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1980Dustin Kensrue, American singer (Thrice)
- 1980Minori Chihara, Japanese voice actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.