November 18: Day of the Week
November 18, 2019 is the 322nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 43 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1809In a naval action during the Napoleonic Wars, French frigates defeat British East Indiamen in the Bay of Bengal.
- 1863King Christian IX of Denmark decides to sign the November constitution that declares Schleswig to be part of Denmark. This is seen by the German Confederation as a violation of the London Protocol and leads to the German–Danish war of 1864.
- 1883American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.
- 1903The Hay-Bunau-Varilla Treaty is signed by the United States and Panama, giving the United States exclusive rights over the Panama Canal Zone.
- 1918Latvia declares its independence from Russia.
- 1963The first push-button telephone goes into service.
- 1978In Jonestown, Guyana, Jim Jones led his Peoples Temple cult to a mass murder-suicide that claimed 918 lives in all, 909 of them in Jonestown itself, including over 270 children. Congressman Leo J. Ryan is murdered by members of the Peoples Temple hours earlier.
- 1991After an 87-day siege, the Croatian city of Vukovar capitulates to the besieging Yugoslav People’s Army and allied Serb paramilitary forces.
- 2002Iraq disarmament crisis: United Nations weapons inspectors led by Hans Blix arrive in Iraq.
- 2003In the United Kingdom, the Local Government Act 2003, repealing controversial anti-gay amendment Section 28, becomes effective.
Who were born on November 18?
- 1836Sir W. S. Gilbert, British dramatist (d. 1911)
- 1922Luis Somoza Debayle, 70th President of Nicaragua (d. 1967)
- 1929Gianna D'Angelo, American soprano
- 1944Wolfgang Joop, German artist and fashion designer
- 1948Andrea Marcovicci, American singer and actress
- 1958Oscar Nunez, Cuban-born American actor
- 1958Plamen Krastev, Bulgarian hurdler
- 1968Gary Sheffield, American baseball player
- 1980Minori Chihara, Japanese voice actress and singer
- 1986Nic Sampson, New Zealand actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.