November 18: Day of the Week
November 18, 2021 is the 322nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 43 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UUACCOFBGYL? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UUACCOFBGYL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1494French King Charles VIII occupies Florence, Italy.
- 1601Tiryaki Hasan Pasha, provincial governor of Ottoman Empire, utterly defeats Habsburg forces, commanded by Ferdinand the Archduke of Austria during the Siege of Nagykanizsa.
- 1626St. Peter’s Basilica is consecrated.
- 1883American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.
- 1904General Esteban Huertas steps down after the government of Panama fears he wants to stage a coup.
- 1916World War I: First Battle of the Somme– in France, British Expeditionary Force commander Douglas Haig calls off the battle which started on July 1, 1916.
- 1918Latvia declares its independence from Russia.
- 1928Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey’s birthday.
- 1970U.S. President Richard Nixon asks the U.S. Congress for $155 million USD in supplemental aid for the Cambodian government.
- 1991Shiite Muslim kidnappers in Lebanon release Anglican Church envoys Terry Waite and Thomas Sutherland.
Who were born on November 18?
- 1647Pierre Bayle, French philosopher (d. 1706)
- 1886Ferenc Münnich, Hungarian Communist politician (d. 1967)
- 1906Klaus Mann, German writer (d. 1949)
- 1920Mustafa Khalil, 77th Prime Minister of Egypt (d. 2008)
- 1953Alan Moore, British comic book writer and novelist
- 1958Plamen Krastev, Bulgarian hurdler
- 1968Gary Sheffield, American baseball player
- 1977Charles A. Lee, American athlete
- 1980Dustin Kensrue, American singer (Thrice)
- 1983Travis Buck, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.