November 18: Day of the Week
November 18, 2021 is the 322nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 43 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UPEUBACUF? Check your answers here: Word scramble UPEUBACUF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1307William Tell shoots an apple off his son’s head.
- 1421A seawall at the Zuiderzee dike in the Netherlands breaks, flooding 72 villages and killing about 10,000 people. This event will be known as Sint-Elisabethsvloed.
- 1494French King Charles VIII occupies Florence, Italy.
- 1883American and Canadian railroads institute five standard continental time zones, ending the confusion of thousands of local times.
- 1928Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey’s birthday.
- 1930Sōka Kyōiku Gakkai, a Buddhist association later renamed Sōka Gakkai, is founded by Japanese educators Tsunesaburo Makiguchi and Josei Toda.
- 1938Trade union members elect John L. Lewis as the first president of the Congress of Industrial Organizations.
- 1987Iran-Contra Affair: the U.S. Congress issues its final report on the Iran-Contra Affair.
- 1993In South Africa, 21 political parties approve a new constitution.
- 1993In the United States, the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is ratified by the House of Representatives.
Who were born on November 18?
- 1907Compay Segundo, Cuban guitarist, singer and composer (Buena Vista Social Club) (d. 2003)
- 1909Johnny Mercer, American lyricist (d. 1976)
- 1924Alexander Mackenzie Stuart, Scottish jurist (d. 2000)
- 1935Rodney Hall, Australian author
- 1943Leonardo Sandri, Argentine Catholic Cardinal
- 1961Steven Moffat, Scottish television writer and producer
- 1963Peter Schmeichel, Danish footballer
- 1970Elizabeth Anne Allen, American actress
- 1977Fabolous, American rapper
- 1986Nic Sampson, New Zealand actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.