November 19: Day of the Week
November 19, 2021 is the 323rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 42 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HSRAJEIIEZXM? Check your answers here: Word solver HSRAJEIIEZXM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1816Warsaw University is established.
- 1847The second Canadian railway line, the Montreal and Lachine Railway, is opened.
- 1881A meteorite lands near the village of Grossliebenthal, southwest of Odessa, Ukraine.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – Soviet Union forces under General Georgy Zhukov launch the Operation Uranus counterattacks at Stalingrad, turning the tide of the battle in the USSR’s favor.
- 1955National Review publishes its first issue.
- 1988Serbian communist representative and future Serbian and Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic publicly declares that Serbia is under attack from Albanian separatists in Kosovo as well as internal treachery within Yugoslavia and a foreign conspiracy to destroy Serbia and Yugoslavia.
- 1990Pop group Milli Vanilli are stripped of their Grammy Award because the duo did not sing at all on the Girl You Know It’s True album. Session musicians had provided all the vocals.
- 1996Lt. Gen. Maurice Baril of Canada arrives in Africa to lead a multi-national policing force in Zaire.
- 1999Shenzhou 1: The People’s Republic of China launches its first Shenzhou spacecraft.
- 2010The first of four explosions takes place at the Pike River Mine in New Zealand; 29 people are killed in the nation’s worst mining disaster since 1914.
Who were born on November 19?
- 1722Benjamin Chew, Chief Justice of colonial Pennsylvania (d. 1810)
- 1834Georg Hermann Quincke, German physicist (d. 1924)
- 1843Richard Avenarius, German philosopher (d. 1896)
- 1936Dick Cavett, American talk show host
- 1943Fred Lipsius, American musician (Blood, Sweat & Tears)
- 1957Ofra Haza, Israeli singer (d. 2000)
- 1961Jim L. Mora, American football coach
- 1979John-Ford Griffin, American baseball player
- 1985Chris Eagles, English footballer
- 1997McCaughey septuplets, world’s first surviving set of septuplets
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.