November 19: Day of the Week
November 19, 2019 is the 323rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 42 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1847The second Canadian railway line, the Montreal and Lachine Railway, is opened.
- 1863American Civil War: U.S. President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address at the dedication of the military cemetery ceremony at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1911The Doom Bar in Cornwall claimed two ships, Island Maid and Angele, the latter killing the entire crew except the captain.
- 1941World War II: Battle between HMAS Sydney and HSK Kormoran. The two ships sink each other off the coast of Western Australia, with the loss of 645 Australians and about 77 German seamen.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – Soviet Union forces under General Georgy Zhukov launch the Operation Uranus counterattacks at Stalingrad, turning the tide of the battle in the USSR’s favor.
- 1943Holocaust: Nazis liquidate Janowska concentration camp in Lemberg (Lviv), western Ukraine, murdering at least 6,000 Jews after a failed uprising and mass escape attempt.
- 1944World War II: Thirty members of the Luxembourgish resistance defend the town of Vianden against a larger Waffen-SS attack in the Battle of Vianden.
- 1954Télé Monte Carlo, Europe’s oldest private television channel, is launched by Prince Rainier III.
- 1969Apollo program: Apollo 12 astronauts Pete Conrad and Alan Bean land at Oceanus Procellarum (the “Ocean of Storms”) and become the third and fourth humans to walk on the Moon.
- 1977TAP Portugal Flight 425 crashes in the Madeira Islands, killing 130.
Who were born on November 19?
- 1887James B. Sumner, American chemist, Nobel Prize in Chemistry laureate (d. 1955)
- 1893René Voisin, French classical trumpet player (d. 1952)
- 1942Calvin Klein, American clothing designer
- 1950Peter Biyiasas, Greek-Canadian-American chess grandmaster
- 1956Eileen Collins, American astronaut
- 1958Terrence “T.C.” Carson, American actor
- 1965Laurent Blanc, French footballer
- 1971Alice Peacock, American folk singer
- 1983Daria Werbowy, Ukrainian-Canadian model
- 1986Jessicah Schipper, Australian swimmer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.