November 19: Day of the Week
November 19, 2021 is the 323rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 42 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BHYEAOU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters BHYEAOU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1942World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – Soviet Union forces under General Georgy Zhukov launch the Operation Uranus counterattacks at Stalingrad, turning the tide of the battle in the USSR’s favor.
- 1944World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt announces the 6th War Loan Drive, aimed at selling US$14 billion in war bonds to help pay for the war effort.
- 1946Afghanistan, Iceland and Sweden join the United Nations.
- 1952Greek Field Marshal Alexander Papagos becomes the 152nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1969Apollo program: Apollo 12 astronauts Pete Conrad and Alan Bean land at Oceanus Procellarum (the “Ocean of Storms”) and become the third and fourth humans to walk on the Moon.
- 1977TAP Portugal Flight 425 crashes in the Madeira Islands, killing 130.
- 1984San Juanico Disaster: A series of explosions at the PEMEX petroleum storage facility at San Juan Ixhuatepec in Mexico City starts a major fire and kills about 500 people.
- 1990Pop group Milli Vanilli are stripped of their Grammy Award because the duo did not sing at all on the Girl You Know It’s True album. Session musicians had provided all the vocals.
- 1994In the United Kingdom, the first National Lottery draw is held. A £1 ticket gave a one-in-14-million chance of correctly guessing the winning six out of 49 numbers.
- 2010The first of four explosions takes place at the Pike River Mine in New Zealand; 29 people are killed in the nation’s worst mining disaster since 1914.
Who were born on November 19?
- 1700Jean-Antoine Nollet, French abbot and physicist (d. 1770)
- 1835Rani Lakshmibai, Indian Queen (d. 1858)
- 1895Evert van Linge, Dutch footballer and architect (d. 1964)
- 1898Klement Jug, Slovenian philosopher and mountaineer (d. 1924)
- 1899Allen Tate, American poet and critic (d. 1979)
- 1899Grand Ayatollah Abul-Qassim Khoei, influential Shia Islamic scholar (d. 1992)
- 1969Richard Virenque, French cyclist
- 1971Jeremy McGrath, American motorcycle racer
- 1976Robin Dunne, Canadian actor
- 1988Patrick Kane, American ice-hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.