November 19: Day of the Week
November 19, 2020 is the 324th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 42 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ayden’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1847The second Canadian railway line, the Montreal and Lachine Railway, is opened.
- 1863American Civil War: U.S. President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address at the dedication of the military cemetery ceremony at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1911The Doom Bar in Cornwall claimed two ships, Island Maid and Angele, the latter killing the entire crew except the captain.
- 1952Greek Field Marshal Alexander Papagos becomes the 152nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1955National Review publishes its first issue.
- 1977TAP Portugal Flight 425 crashes in the Madeira Islands, killing 130.
- 1985Cold War: In Geneva, U.S. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev meet for the first time.
- 1985Pennzoil wins a US$10.53 billion judgment against Texaco, in the largest civil verdict in the history of the United States, stemming from Texaco executing a contract to buy Getty Oil after Pennzoil had entered into an unsigned, yet still binding, buyout contract with Getty.
- 1990Pop group Milli Vanilli are stripped of their Grammy Award because the duo did not sing at all on the Girl You Know It’s True album. Session musicians had provided all the vocals.
- 1998Vincent van Gogh’s Portrait of the Artist Without Beard sells at auction for US$71.5 million.
Who were born on November 19?
- 1752George Rogers Clark, American military leader (d. 1818)
- 1833Wilhelm Dilthey, German philosopher (d. 1911)
- 1888José Raúl Capablanca, Cuban chess player (d. 1942)
- 1896Georgy Zhukov, Russian general (d. 1974)
- 1926Jeane Kirkpatrick, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations (d. 2006)
- 1929Slavko Avsenik, Slovenian musician
- 1939Tom Harkin, American politician
- 1945Hans Monderman, Dutch road traffic engineer and innovator (d. 2008)
- 1958Terrence “T.C.” Carson, American actor
- 1986Veronica Scott, American fashion designer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.