November 19: Day of the Week
November 19, 2021 was the 323rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 42 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KVOGJHAWUYEBI? Check your answers here: Word solver KVOGJHAWUYEBI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1847The second Canadian railway line, the Montreal and Lachine Railway, is opened.
- 1881A meteorite lands near the village of Grossliebenthal, southwest of Odessa, Ukraine.
- 1912First Balkan War: The Serbian Army captures Bitola, ending the five-century-long Ottoman rule of Macedonia.
- 1944World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt announces the 6th War Loan Drive, aimed at selling US$14 billion in war bonds to help pay for the war effort.
- 1985Pennzoil wins a US$10.53 billion judgment against Texaco, in the largest civil verdict in the history of the United States, stemming from Texaco executing a contract to buy Getty Oil after Pennzoil had entered into an unsigned, yet still binding, buyout contract with Getty.
- 1985Police in Baling, Malaysia, lay siege to houses occupied by an Islamic sect of about 400 people led by Ibrahim Mahmud.
- 1988Serbian communist representative and future Serbian and Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic publicly declares that Serbia is under attack from Albanian separatists in Kosovo as well as internal treachery within Yugoslavia and a foreign conspiracy to destroy Serbia and Yugoslavia.
- 1994In the United Kingdom, the first National Lottery draw is held. A £1 ticket gave a one-in-14-million chance of correctly guessing the winning six out of 49 numbers.
- 1996Lt. Gen. Maurice Baril of Canada arrives in Africa to lead a multi-national policing force in Zaire.
- 1998Lewinsky scandal: The United States House of Representatives Judiciary Committee begins impeachment hearings against U.S. President Bill Clinton.
Who were born on November 19?
- 1919Alan Young, British-born American actor (Mister Ed)
- 1926Jeane Kirkpatrick, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations (d. 2006)
- 1933Larry King, American TV personality
- 1954Rejean Lemelin, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1965Laurent Blanc, French footballer
- 1973Django Haskins, American singer, guitarist, and songwriter
- 1977Kerri Strug, American gymnast
- 1983Chandra Crawford, Canadian cross-country skier
- 1989Roman Sergeevich Trofimov, Russian ski jumper.
- 1993Kerim Frei, Austrian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.