November 19: Day of the Week
November 19, 2021 is the 323rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 42 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KEUEDXSAWE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words KEUEDXSAWE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1794The United States and the Kingdom of Great Britain sign Jay’s Treaty, which attempts to resolve some of the lingering problems left over from the American Revolutionary War.
- 1847The second Canadian railway line, the Montreal and Lachine Railway, is opened.
- 1863American Civil War: U.S. President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address at the dedication of the military cemetery ceremony at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1916Samuel Goldwyn and Edgar Selwyn establish Goldwyn Pictures.
- 1942Mutesa II is crowned the 35th and last Kabaka (king) of Buganda.
- 1946Afghanistan, Iceland and Sweden join the United Nations.
- 1954Télé Monte Carlo, Europe’s oldest private television channel, is launched by Prince Rainier III.
- 1967The establishment of TVB, the first wireless commercial television station in Hong Kong.
- 1985Police in Baling, Malaysia, lay siege to houses occupied by an Islamic sect of about 400 people led by Ibrahim Mahmud.
- 1994In the United Kingdom, the first National Lottery draw is held. A £1 ticket gave a one-in-14-million chance of correctly guessing the winning six out of 49 numbers.
Who were born on November 19?
- 1894Américo Tomás, Portuguese admiral and politician, 14th President of Portugal (d. 1987)
- 1899Allen Tate, American poet and critic (d. 1979)
- 1929Norman Cantor, Canadian medieval scholar (d. 2004)
- 1936Yuan T. Lee, Taiwanese-born chemist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1947Lamar S. Smith, American politician
- 1965Douglas Henshall, Scottish actor
- 1966Gail Devers, American athlete
- 1969Richard Virenque, French cyclist
- 1981Marcus Banks, American basketball player
- 1990Benedikt Schmid, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.