November 19: Day of the Week
November 19, 2019 is the 323rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 42 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Grayson’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1095The Council of Clermont, called by Pope Urban II to discuss sending the First Crusade to the Holy Land, begins.
- 1816Warsaw University is established.
- 1881A meteorite lands near the village of Grossliebenthal, southwest of Odessa, Ukraine.
- 1942Mutesa II is crowned the 35th and last Kabaka (king) of Buganda.
- 1943Holocaust: Nazis liquidate Janowska concentration camp in Lemberg (Lviv), western Ukraine, murdering at least 6,000 Jews after a failed uprising and mass escape attempt.
- 1959The Ford Motor Company announces the discontinuation of the unpopular Edsel.
- 1967The establishment of TVB, the first wireless commercial television station in Hong Kong.
- 1969Apollo program: Apollo 12 astronauts Pete Conrad and Alan Bean land at Oceanus Procellarum (the “Ocean of Storms”) and become the third and fourth humans to walk on the Moon.
- 1996Lt. Gen. Maurice Baril of Canada arrives in Africa to lead a multi-national policing force in Zaire.
- 1998Lewinsky scandal: The United States House of Representatives Judiciary Committee begins impeachment hearings against U.S. President Bill Clinton.
Who were born on November 19?
- 1895Louise Dahl-Wolfe, American photographer (d. 1989)
- 1912George Emil Palade, Romanian cell biologist, Nobel laureate (d. 2008)
- 1926Jeane Kirkpatrick, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations (d. 2006)
- 1938Ted Turner, American businessman
- 1943Fred Lipsius, American musician (Blood, Sweat & Tears)
- 1949Nigel Bennett, English actor
- 1952Stephen Soldz, American psychoanalyst and anti-war activist
- 1962Dodie Boy Peñalosa, Philippine boxer
- 1973Savion Glover, American dancer and choreographer
- 1993Kerim Frei, Austrian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.