November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2020 is the 307th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AUECWW? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters AUECWW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1675King Philip’s War: A combined effort by the Plymouth, Rhode Island, Massachusetts Bay and Connecticut colonies attacks the Great Swamp Fort, owned by the Narragansetts.
- 1772American Revolutionary War: Samuel Adams and Joseph Warren form the first Committee of Correspondence.
- 1882Oulu, Finland is devastated by the Great Oulu Fire of 1882
- 1920In the United States, KDKA of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania starts broadcasting as the first commercial radio station. The first broadcast is the result of the U.S. presidential election, 1920.
- 1936The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is established.
- 1953The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- 1963South Vietnamese President Ngô Ðình Diệm is assassinated following a military coup.
- 1967Vietnam War: US President Lyndon B. Johnson and “The Wise Men” conclude that the American people should be given more optimistic reports on the progress of the war.
- 1984Capital punishment: Velma Barfield becomes the first woman executed in the United States since 1962.
- 1988The Morris worm, the first internet-distributed computer worm to gain significant mainstream media attention, is launched from MIT.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1865Warren G. Harding, 29th President of the United States (d. 1923)
- 1920Ann Rutherford, American actress
- 1940Jim Bakken, American football player
- 1947Dave Pegg, English multi-instrumentalist, bass guitarist, longest serving member of Fairport Convention
- 1952Jim Cummings, American voice actor
- 1958Willie McGee, American baseball player
- 1979Simone Puleo, Italian footballer
- 1981Wilson Betemit, Dominican baseball player
- 1982Charles Itandje, French footballer
- 1984Tamara Hope, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.