November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2023 was the 306th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EETUERWC? Check your answers here: Word scramble EETUERWC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1410The Peace of Bicêtre between the Armagnac and Burgundian factions is signed.
- 1675King Philip’s War: A combined effort by the Plymouth, Rhode Island, Massachusetts Bay and Connecticut colonies attacks the Great Swamp Fort, owned by the Narragansetts.
- 1795The French Directory succeeds the French National Convention as the government of Revolutionary France.
- 1861American Civil War: Western Department Union General John C. Fremont is relieved of command and replaced by David Hunter.
- 1899The Boers begin their 118 day siege of British held Ladysmith during the Second Boer War.
- 1909Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity is founded at Boston University.
- 1957The Levelland UFO Case in Levelland, Texas, generates national publicity.
- 1959Quiz show scandals: Twenty One game show contestant Charles Van Doren admits to a Congressional committee that he had been given questions and answers in advance.
- 1966The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.
- 197478 die when the Time Go-Go Club in Seoul, South Korea burns down. Six of the victims jumped to their deaths from the seventh floor after a club official barred the doors after the fire started.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1734Daniel Boone American explorer (d. 1820)
- 1911Raphael Robinson, US mathematician (d. 1995)
- 1924Stavros Xenidis, Greek actor (d. 2008)
- 1927Steve Ditko, American artist
- 1951Lindy Morrison, Australian musician (The Go-Betweens)
- 1951Vassilis Leventis, Greek politician
- 1962David Brock, American political commentator, pundit
- 1980Diego Lugano, Uruguayan footballer
- 1981Katharine Isabelle, Canadian actress
- 1995Brandon Soo Hoo, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.