November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2019 was the 306th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sam’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1895The first gasoline-powered race in the United States. First prize: $2,000
- 1898Cheerleading is started at the University of Minnesota with Johnny Campbell leading the crowd in cheering on the football team.
- 1909Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity is founded at Boston University.
- 1917The Balfour Declaration proclaims British support for the “establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people” with the clear understanding “that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities”.
- 1930Haile Selassie is crowned emperor of Ethiopia.
- 1936Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.
- 1936The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is established.
- 1963South Vietnamese President Ngô Ðình Diệm is assassinated following a military coup.
- 1966The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.
- 1973The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India form a ‘United Front’in the state of Tripura.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1821Sir George Bowen, British provincial governor (d. 1899)
- 1865Warren G. Harding, 29th President of the United States (d. 1923)
- 1891David Townsend, Art Director (d. 1935)
- 1911Raphael Robinson, US mathematician (d. 1995)
- 1924Stavros Xenidis, Greek actor (d. 2008)
- 1937Earl Carroll, lead vocalist of The Cadillacs
- 1942Stefanie Powers, American actress
- 1955Chris Burnett, American musician
- 1969Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu, American bassist (KoЯn)
- 1977Jason Cerbone, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.