November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2018 was the 306th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1889North and South Dakota are admitted as the 39th and 40th U.S. states.
- 1899The Boers begin their 118 day siege of British held Ladysmith during the Second Boer War.
- 1914Russia declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
- 1953The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- 1957The Levelland UFO Case in Levelland, Texas, generates national publicity.
- 1959The first section of the M1 motorway, the first inter-urban motorway in the United Kingdom, is opened between the present junctions 5 and 18, along with the M10 motorway and M45 motorway
- 1963South Vietnamese President Ngô Ðình Diệm is assassinated following a military coup.
- 1964King Saud of Saudi Arabia is deposed by a family coup, and replaced by his half-brother King Faisal.
- 1973The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India form a ‘United Front’in the state of Tripura.
- 197478 die when the Time Go-Go Club in Seoul, South Korea burns down. Six of the victims jumped to their deaths from the seventh floor after a club official barred the doors after the fire started.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1741Joan van der Capellen tot den Pol, Dutch politician (d. 1784)
- 1808Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly, French writer (d. 1889)
- 1893Battista Farina, founder of Pininfarina company (d. 1966)
- 1910Fouad Serageddin, Egyptian politician (d. 1999)
- 1924Stavros Xenidis, Greek actor (d. 2008)
- 1929Muhammad Rafiq Tarar, former President of Pakistan
- 1938Queen Sofia of Spain
- 1946Alan Jones, Australian race car driver
- 1963Craig Saavedra, American filmmaker
- 1982Kyoko Fukada, Japanese actress, model and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.