November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2021 is the 306th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IPZVIUA? Check your answers here: Word scramble IPZVIUA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1675King Philip’s War: A combined effort by the Plymouth, Rhode Island, Massachusetts Bay and Connecticut colonies attacks the Great Swamp Fort, owned by the Narragansetts.
- 1783In Rocky Hill, New Jersey, US General George Washington gives his “Farewell Address to the Army”.
- 1861American Civil War: Western Department Union General John C. Fremont is relieved of command and replaced by David Hunter.
- 1889North and South Dakota are admitted as the 39th and 40th U.S. states.
- 1895The first gasoline-powered race in the United States. First prize: $2,000
- 1940World War II: First day of Battle of Elaia–Kalamas between the Greeks and the Italians.
- 1949The Dutch–Indonesian Round Table Conference ends with the Netherlands agreeing to transfer sovereignty of the Dutch East Indies to the United States of Indonesia.
- 1953The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- 1960Penguin Books is found not guilty of obscenity in the Lady Chatterley’s Lover case
- 1966The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1667James Sobieski, Crown Prince of Poland (d. 1737)
- 1833Mahendralal Sarkar, Indian doctor (d. 1904)
- 1908Fred Bakewell, English cricketer (d. 1983)
- 1934Bill Gothard, American minister and speaker
- 1966David Schwimmer, American actor
- 1967Kurt Elling, American jazz vocalist
- 1968Ultra Naté, American musician
- 1977Jason Cerbone, American actor
- 1978Carmen Cali, American baseball player
- 1981Avy Scott, American pornographic actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.