November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2019 is the 306th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Christina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1769Don Gaspar de Portolà leads the first documented European visit to San Francisco Bay.
- 1882Oulu, Finland is devastated by the Great Oulu Fire of 1882
- 1889North and South Dakota are admitted as the 39th and 40th U.S. states.
- 1917The Balfour Declaration proclaims British support for the “establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people” with the clear understanding “that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities”.
- 1936Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.
- 1940World War II: First day of Battle of Elaia–Kalamas between the Greeks and the Italians.
- 1949The Dutch–Indonesian Round Table Conference ends with the Netherlands agreeing to transfer sovereignty of the Dutch East Indies to the United States of Indonesia.
- 1963South Vietnamese President Ngô Ðình Diệm is assassinated following a military coup.
- 1964King Saud of Saudi Arabia is deposed by a family coup, and replaced by his half-brother King Faisal.
- 1984Capital punishment: Velma Barfield becomes the first woman executed in the United States since 1962.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1877Aga Khan III, Shia Imam (d. 1957)
- 1877Joseph De Piro, Maltese founder of the Missionary Society of St. Paul (d. 1933)
- 1908Fred Bakewell, English cricketer (d. 1983)
- 1927Steve Ditko, American artist
- 1929Muhammad Rafiq Tarar, former President of Pakistan
- 1944Patrice Chéreau, French director, actor and producer
- 1963Park Young Seok, South Korean mountaineer
- 1967Marc van Roon, Dutch improvising musician
- 1972Darío Silva, Uruguayan footballer
- 1979Simone Puleo, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.