November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2021 is the 306th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EIEWACNZGE? Check your answers here: Word finder EIEWACNZGE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1861American Civil War: Western Department Union General John C. Fremont is relieved of command and replaced by David Hunter.
- 1868Time zone: New Zealand officially adopts a standard time to be observed nationally
- 1889North and South Dakota are admitted as the 39th and 40th U.S. states.
- 1899The Boers begin their 118 day siege of British held Ladysmith during the Second Boer War.
- 1936The British Broadcasting Corporation initiates the BBC Television Service, the world’s first regular, “high-definition” (then defined as at least 200 lines) service. Renamed BBC1 in 1964, the channel still runs to this day.
- 1959Quiz show scandals: Twenty One game show contestant Charles Van Doren admits to a Congressional committee that he had been given questions and answers in advance.
- 1964King Saud of Saudi Arabia is deposed by a family coup, and replaced by his half-brother King Faisal.
- 1966The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.
- 1973The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India form a ‘United Front’in the state of Tripura.
- 1988The Morris worm, the first internet-distributed computer worm to gain significant mainstream media attention, is launched from MIT.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1475Princess Anne of York, Countess of Surrey (d. 1511)
- 1899Peter Aufschnaiter, Austrian mountaineer, known from Seven Years in Tibet (d. 1973)
- 1915Beryl McBurnie, Trinidadian dancer (d. 2000)
- 1928Paul Johnson, British historian
- 1934Bill Gothard, American minister and speaker
- 1944Patrice Chéreau, French director, actor and producer
- 1970Sharmell Sullivan, American professional wrestling valet
- 1973Marisol Nichols, American actress
- 1982Charles Itandje, French footballer
- 1984Julia Stegner, German model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.