November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2021 is the 306th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IBZXAXIKMKQ? Check your answers here: Word solver IBZXAXIKMKQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1772American Revolutionary War: Samuel Adams and Joseph Warren form the first Committee of Correspondence.
- 1882Oulu, Finland is devastated by the Great Oulu Fire of 1882
- 1889North and South Dakota are admitted as the 39th and 40th U.S. states.
- 1895The first gasoline-powered race in the United States. First prize: $2,000
- 1930Haile Selassie is crowned emperor of Ethiopia.
- 1947In California, designer Howard Hughes performs the maiden (and only) flight of the Spruce Goose or H-4 The Hercules; the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built.
- 1953The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- 1967Vietnam War: US President Lyndon B. Johnson and “The Wise Men” conclude that the American people should be given more optimistic reports on the progress of the war.
- 1973The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India form a ‘United Front’in the state of Tripura.
- 1988The Morris worm, the first internet-distributed computer worm to gain significant mainstream media attention, is launched from MIT.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1808Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly, French writer (d. 1889)
- 1815George Boole, English mathematician and philosopher (d. 1864)
- 1877Aga Khan III, Shia Imam (d. 1957)
- 1919Warren Stevens, American actor
- 1928Paul Johnson, British historian
- 1972Samantha Janus, British entertainer
- 1972Vladimir Vorobiev, Russian ice hockey player
- 1977Jason Cerbone, American actor
- 1981Roddy White, American football player
- 1987Danny Cipriani, English rugby union player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.