November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2019 is the 306th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1410The Peace of Bicêtre between the Armagnac and Burgundian factions is signed.
- 1570A tsunami in the North Sea devastates the coast from Holland to Jutland, killing more than 1,000 people.
- 1772American Revolutionary War: Samuel Adams and Joseph Warren form the first Committee of Correspondence.
- 1861American Civil War: Western Department Union General John C. Fremont is relieved of command and replaced by David Hunter.
- 1882Oulu, Finland is devastated by the Great Oulu Fire of 1882
- 1909Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity is founded at Boston University.
- 1917The Balfour Declaration proclaims British support for the “establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people” with the clear understanding “that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities”.
- 1936The British Broadcasting Corporation initiates the BBC Television Service, the world’s first regular, “high-definition” (then defined as at least 200 lines) service. Renamed BBC1 in 1964, the channel still runs to this day.
- 1957The Levelland UFO Case in Levelland, Texas, generates national publicity.
- 197478 die when the Time Go-Go Club in Seoul, South Korea burns down. Six of the victims jumped to their deaths from the seventh floor after a club official barred the doors after the fire started.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1894Alexander Lippisch, German scientist (d. 1976)
- 1934Bill Gothard, American minister and speaker
- 1936Jack Starrett, American actor and director (d. 1989)
- 1945Giorgos Kolokithas, Greek basketball player
- 1952Maxine Nightingale, English singer
- 1962Mireille Delunsch, French soprano
- 1972Samantha Janus, British entertainer
- 1981Avy Scott, American pornographic actress
- 1989Luke Schenn, Canadian hockey player
- 1995Brandon Soo Hoo, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.