November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2019 is the 306th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1769Don Gaspar de Portolà leads the first documented European visit to San Francisco Bay.
- 1772American Revolutionary War: Samuel Adams and Joseph Warren form the first Committee of Correspondence.
- 1889North and South Dakota are admitted as the 39th and 40th U.S. states.
- 1936The British Broadcasting Corporation initiates the BBC Television Service, the world’s first regular, “high-definition” (then defined as at least 200 lines) service. Renamed BBC1 in 1964, the channel still runs to this day.
- 1936The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is established.
- 1940World War II: First day of Battle of Elaia–Kalamas between the Greeks and the Italians.
- 1957The Levelland UFO Case in Levelland, Texas, generates national publicity.
- 1973The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India form a ‘United Front’in the state of Tripura.
- 1983U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs a bill creating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- 1988The Morris worm, the first internet-distributed computer worm to gain significant mainstream media attention, is launched from MIT.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1739Carl Ditters von Dittersdorf, Austrian composer (d. 1799)
- 1799John Light Atlee, American physician and surgeon (d. 1885)
- 1865Warren G. Harding, 29th President of the United States (d. 1923)
- 1937Earl Carroll, lead vocalist of The Cadillacs
- 1963Park Young Seok, South Korean mountaineer
- 1969Reginald “Fieldy” Arvizu, American bassist (KoЯn)
- 1972Vladimir Vorobiev, Russian ice hockey player
- 1977Konstantinos Economidis, Greek tennis player
- 1990Kendall Schmidt, American singer and actor (Big Time Rush)
- 1995Brandon Soo Hoo, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.