November 2: Day of the Week
November 2, 2023 is the 306th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alfredo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1769Don Gaspar de Portolà leads the first documented European visit to San Francisco Bay.
- 1930Haile Selassie is crowned emperor of Ethiopia.
- 1936Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.
- 1936The British Broadcasting Corporation initiates the BBC Television Service, the world’s first regular, “high-definition” (then defined as at least 200 lines) service. Renamed BBC1 in 1964, the channel still runs to this day.
- 1959The first section of the M1 motorway, the first inter-urban motorway in the United Kingdom, is opened between the present junctions 5 and 18, along with the M10 motorway and M45 motorway
- 1960Penguin Books is found not guilty of obscenity in the Lady Chatterley’s Lover case
- 1964King Saud of Saudi Arabia is deposed by a family coup, and replaced by his half-brother King Faisal.
- 1983U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs a bill creating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- 1988The Morris worm, the first internet-distributed computer worm to gain significant mainstream media attention, is launched from MIT.
- 2000The first resident crew to the ISS docked in November 2nd on the Soyuz TM-31.
Who were born on November 2?
- 1799John Light Atlee, American physician and surgeon (d. 1885)
- 1924Rudy Van Gelder, American recording engineer
- 1928Paul Johnson, British historian
- 1934Bill Gothard, American minister and speaker
- 1951Thomas Mallon, American novelist and critic
- 1958Willie McGee, American baseball player
- 1963Ron McGovney, American musician
- 1967Scott Walker, American politician
- 1980Diego Lugano, Uruguayan footballer
- 1981Wilson Betemit, Dominican baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.