November 20: Day of the Week
November 20, 2020 is the 325th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 41 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TGAMROOPMKPII? Check your answers here: Words with these letters TGAMROOPMKPII. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1739Start of the Battle of Porto Bello between British and Spanish forces during the War of Jenkins’ Ear.
- 1845Anglo-French blockade of the Río de la Plata: Battle of Vuelta de Obligado.
- 1861American Civil War: Secession ordinance is filed by Kentucky’s Confederate government.
- 1910Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosi, denouncing President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
- 1923Rentenmark replaces the Papiermark as the official currency of Germany at the exchange rate of one Rentenmark to One Trillion (One Billion on the long scale) Papiermark
- 1940World War II: Hungary becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- 1962Cuban Missile Crisis ends: In response to the Soviet Union agreeing to remove its missiles from Cuba, U.S. President John F. Kennedy ends the quarantine of the Caribbean nation.
- 1969Vietnam War: The Plain Dealer publishes explicit photographs of dead villagers from the My Lai massacre in Vietnam.
- 1979Grand Mosque Seizure: About 200 Sunni Muslims revolt in Saudi Arabia at the site of the Kaaba in Mecca during the pilgrimage and take about 6000 hostages. The Saudi government receives help from French special forces to put down the uprising.
- 1989Velvet Revolution: The number of protesters assembled in Prague, Czechoslovakia swells from 200,000 the day before to an estimated half-million.
Who were born on November 20?
- 1621Avvakum, Russian priest and writer (d. 1682)
- 1761Pope Pius VIII (d. 1830)
- 1869Clark Griffith, American baseball manager (d. 1955)
- 1921Phyllis Thaxter, American actress
- 1929Don January, American professional golfer
- 1942Norman Greenbaum, American singer
- 1945Rick Monday, American baseball player
- 1957Mike Craven, English footballer
- 1963Ming-Na Wen, Macau actress
- 1970Joe Zaso, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.