November 20: Day of the Week
November 20, 2021 is the 324th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 41 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RYAAFQNUG? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters RYAAFQNUG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 20 Historical Event(s)
- 762During An Shi Rebellion, Tang Dynasty, with the help of Huihe tribe, recaptured Luoyang from the rebels.
- 1194Palermo is conquered by Emperor Henry VI.
- 1407A truce between John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy and Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans is agreed under the auspices of John, Duke of Berry. Orléans would be assassinated three days later by Burgundy.
- 1695Zumbi, the last of the leaders of Quilombo dos Palmares in early Brazil, is executed.
- 1820An 80-ton sperm whale attacks the Essex (a whaling ship from Nantucket, Massachusetts) 2,000 miles from the western coast of South America (Herman Melville’s 1851 novel Moby-Dick is in part inspired by this story).
- 1917Ukraine is declared a republic.
- 1945Nuremberg Trials: Trials against 24 Nazi war criminals start at the Palace of Justice at Nuremberg.
- 1980Lake Peigneur drains into an underlying salt deposit. A misplaced Texaco oil probe had been drilled into the Diamond Crystal Salt Mine, causing water to flow down into the mine, eroding the edges of the hole. The resulting whirlpool sucked the drilling platform, several barges, houses and trees thousands of feet down to the bottom of the dissolving salt deposit.
- 1994The Angolan government and UNITA rebels sign the Lusaka Protocol in Zambia, ending 19 years of civil war (localized fighting resumes the next year).
- 2001In Washington, D.C., U.S. President George W. Bush dedicates the United States Department of Justice headquarters building as the Robert F. Kennedy Justice Building, honoring the late Robert F. Kennedy on what would have been his 76th birthday.
Who were born on November 20?
- 1602Otto von Guericke, German physicist (d. 1686)
- 1900Chester Gould, American comic strip artist (d. 1985)
- 1917Robert Byrd, American politician, longest serving member of the United States Congress (d. 2010)
- 1925Kaye Ballard, American comic actress
- 1940Bob Einstein, American actor and comedian
- 1942Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
- 1965Yoshiki Hayashi, Japanese musician (X Japan)
- 1984Ferdinando Monfardini, Italian racing driver
- 1984Justin Hoyte, English footballer
- 1992Maiha Ishimura, Japanese pop singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.