November 20: Day of the Week
November 20, 2021 is the 324th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 41 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IXILWIGIVA? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IXILWIGIVA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1194Palermo is conquered by Emperor Henry VI.
- 1861American Civil War: Secession ordinance is filed by Kentucky’s Confederate government.
- 1910Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosi, denouncing President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
- 1923Rentenmark replaces the Papiermark as the official currency of Germany at the exchange rate of one Rentenmark to One Trillion (One Billion on the long scale) Papiermark
- 1943World War II: Battle of Tarawa (Operation Galvanic) begins – United States Marines land on Tarawa Atoll in the Gilbert Islands and suffer heavy fire from Japanese shore guns and machine guns.
- 1947The Princess Elizabeth marries Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten at Westminster Abbey in London.
- 1962Cuban Missile Crisis ends: In response to the Soviet Union agreeing to remove its missiles from Cuba, U.S. President John F. Kennedy ends the quarantine of the Caribbean nation.
- 1979Grand Mosque Seizure: About 200 Sunni Muslims revolt in Saudi Arabia at the site of the Kaaba in Mecca during the pilgrimage and take about 6000 hostages. The Saudi government receives help from French special forces to put down the uprising.
- 1993Savings and loan crisis: The United States Senate Ethics Committee issues a stern censure of California senator Alan Cranston for his “dealings” with savings-and-loan executive Charles Keating.
- 2001In Washington, D.C., U.S. President George W. Bush dedicates the United States Department of Justice headquarters building as the Robert F. Kennedy Justice Building, honoring the late Robert F. Kennedy on what would have been his 76th birthday.
Who were born on November 20?
- 1880George McBride, American baseball player (d. 1973)
- 1907Henri-Georges Clouzot, French film director (d. 1977)
- 1927Estelle Parsons, American actress
- 1948Richard Masur, American actor
- 1957Stefan Bellof, German race car driver (d. 1985)
- 1961Dave Watson, English footballer
- 1965Yoshiki Hayashi, Japanese musician (X Japan)
- 1966Jill Thompson, American comic book writer and artist
- 1970Sabrina Lloyd, American actress
- 1981Carlos Boozer, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.