November 20: Day of the Week
November 20, 2020 is the 325th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 41 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Shelley’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1407A truce between John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy and Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans is agreed under the auspices of John, Duke of Berry. Orléans would be assassinated three days later by Burgundy.
- 1789New Jersey becomes the first U.S. state to ratify the Bill of Rights.
- 1861American Civil War: Secession ordinance is filed by Kentucky’s Confederate government.
- 1917Ukraine is declared a republic.
- 1945Nuremberg Trials: Trials against 24 Nazi war criminals start at the Palace of Justice at Nuremberg.
- 1974The United States Department of Justice files its final anti-trust suit against AT&T. This suit later leads to the breakup of AT&T and its Bell System.
- 1991An Azerbaijani MI-8 helicopter carrying 19 peacekeeping mission team with officials and journalists from Russia, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan is shot down by Armenian military forces in Khojavend district of Azerbaijan.
- 1993Savings and loan crisis: The United States Senate Ethics Committee issues a stern censure of California senator Alan Cranston for his “dealings” with savings-and-loan executive Charles Keating.
- 2003After the November 15 bombings, a second day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings occurs in Istanbul, Turkey, destroying the Turkish head office of HSBC Bank AS and the British consulate.
- 2008After critical failures in the US financial system began to build up after mid-September, the Dow Jones Industrial Average reaches its lowest level since 1997.
Who were born on November 20?
- 1750Tipu Sultan, Indian ruler (d. 1799)
- 1765Sir Thomas Fremantle, British naval captain (d. 1819)
- 1882Andy Coakley, American baseball player and coach (d. 1963)
- 1892James Collip, Canadian biochemist, co-discoverer of insulin (d. 1965)
- 1927Estelle Parsons, American actress
- 1959Sean Young, American actress
- 1963Timothy Gowers, British mathematician
- 1966Thanasis Kolitsidakis, Greek footballer
- 1970Geoffrey Keezer, American jazz pianist
- 1986Ashley Fink, American Actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.