November 20: Day of the Week
November 20, 2021 is the 324th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 41 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XBLGSIQIEAT? Check your answers here: Word solver XBLGSIQIEAT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 20 Historical Event(s)
- 762During An Shi Rebellion, Tang Dynasty, with the help of Huihe tribe, recaptured Luoyang from the rebels.
- 1194Palermo is conquered by Emperor Henry VI.
- 1695Zumbi, the last of the leaders of Quilombo dos Palmares in early Brazil, is executed.
- 1910Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosi, denouncing President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
- 1917World War I: Battle of Cambrai begins – British forces make early progress in an attack on German positions but are later pushed back.
- 1923Rentenmark replaces the Papiermark as the official currency of Germany at the exchange rate of one Rentenmark to One Trillion (One Billion on the long scale) Papiermark
- 1980Lake Peigneur drains into an underlying salt deposit. A misplaced Texaco oil probe had been drilled into the Diamond Crystal Salt Mine, causing water to flow down into the mine, eroding the edges of the hole. The resulting whirlpool sucked the drilling platform, several barges, houses and trees thousands of feet down to the bottom of the dissolving salt deposit.
- 1985Microsoft Windows 1.0 is released.
- 1993Savings and loan crisis: The United States Senate Ethics Committee issues a stern censure of California senator Alan Cranston for his “dealings” with savings-and-loan executive Charles Keating.
- 1994The Angolan government and UNITA rebels sign the Lusaka Protocol in Zambia, ending 19 years of civil war (localized fighting resumes the next year).
Who were born on November 20?
- 1896Chiyono Hasegawa, a Japanese supercentenarian. (d. 2011)
- 1900Chester Gould, American comic strip artist (d. 1985)
- 1907Fran Allison, American television personality (d. 1989)
- 1937René Kollo, German tenor
- 1942Meredith Monk, American composer and choreographer
- 1965Mike D, American musician (Beastie Boys)
- 1975Davey Havok, American singer (AFI)
- 1975J. D. Drew, American baseball player
- 1975Ryan Bowen, American basketball player
- 1976Laura Harris, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.