November 20: Day of the Week
November 20, 2020 is the 325th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 41 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kathryn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1407A truce between John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy and Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans is agreed under the auspices of John, Duke of Berry. Orléans would be assassinated three days later by Burgundy.
- 1910Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosi, denouncing President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
- 1923Rentenmark replaces the Papiermark as the official currency of Germany at the exchange rate of one Rentenmark to One Trillion (One Billion on the long scale) Papiermark
- 1940World War II: Hungary becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- 1945Nuremberg Trials: Trials against 24 Nazi war criminals start at the Palace of Justice at Nuremberg.
- 1962Cuban Missile Crisis ends: In response to the Soviet Union agreeing to remove its missiles from Cuba, U.S. President John F. Kennedy ends the quarantine of the Caribbean nation.
- 1977Egyptian President Anwar Sadat becomes the first Arab leader to officially visit Israel, when he meets Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin and speaks before the Knesset in Jerusalem, seeking a permanent peace settlement.
- 1991An Azerbaijani MI-8 helicopter carrying 19 peacekeeping mission team with officials and journalists from Russia, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan is shot down by Armenian military forces in Khojavend district of Azerbaijan.
- 1992In England, a fire breaks out in Windsor Castle, badly damaging the castle and causing over £50 million worth of damage.
- 1994The Angolan government and UNITA rebels sign the Lusaka Protocol in Zambia, ending 19 years of civil war (localized fighting resumes the next year).
Who were born on November 20?
- 1765Sir Thomas Fremantle, British naval captain (d. 1819)
- 1866Kenesaw Mountain Landis, American judge and baseball commissioner (d. 1944)
- 1892James Collip, Canadian biochemist, co-discoverer of insulin (d. 1965)
- 1907Fran Allison, American television personality (d. 1989)
- 1910Willem Jacob van Stockum, Dutch physicist (d. 1944)
- 1921Jim Garrison, American attorney and judge (d. 1992)
- 1942Paulos Faraj Rahho, Iraqi bishop (d. 2008)
- 1943Veronica Hamel, American actress
- 1951David Walters, American politician
- 1981Sam Fuld, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.