November 20: Day of the Week
November 20, 2022 is the 324th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 41 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UOUJURZI? Check your answers here: Word search UOUJURZI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 20 Historical Event(s)
- 284Diocletian is chosen as Roman Emperor.
- 1194Palermo is conquered by Emperor Henry VI.
- 1407A truce between John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy and Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans is agreed under the auspices of John, Duke of Berry. Orléans would be assassinated three days later by Burgundy.
- 1820An 80-ton sperm whale attacks the Essex (a whaling ship from Nantucket, Massachusetts) 2,000 miles from the western coast of South America (Herman Melville’s 1851 novel Moby-Dick is in part inspired by this story).
- 1910Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosi, denouncing President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
- 1943World War II: Battle of Tarawa (Operation Galvanic) begins – United States Marines land on Tarawa Atoll in the Gilbert Islands and suffer heavy fire from Japanese shore guns and machine guns.
- 1980Lake Peigneur drains into an underlying salt deposit. A misplaced Texaco oil probe had been drilled into the Diamond Crystal Salt Mine, causing water to flow down into the mine, eroding the edges of the hole. The resulting whirlpool sucked the drilling platform, several barges, houses and trees thousands of feet down to the bottom of the dissolving salt deposit.
- 1992In England, a fire breaks out in Windsor Castle, badly damaging the castle and causing over £50 million worth of damage.
- 1994The Angolan government and UNITA rebels sign the Lusaka Protocol in Zambia, ending 19 years of civil war (localized fighting resumes the next year).
- 2003After the November 15 bombings, a second day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings occurs in Istanbul, Turkey, destroying the Turkish head office of HSBC Bank AS and the British consulate.
Who were born on November 20?
- 1841Victor D'Hondt, Belgian mathematician (d. 1901)
- 1915Kon Ichikawa, Japanese film director (d. 2008)
- 1916Evelyn Keyes, American actress (d. 2008)
- 1927Ed “Too Tall” Freeman, American United States Army officer, helicopter pilot and Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2008)
- 1937Eero Mäntyranta, Finnish cross-country skier
- 1941Haseena Moin, Pakistani television writer and playwright
- 1946Duane Allman, American guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band) (d. 1971)
- 1952John Van Boxmeer, Canadian hockey player
- 1960Veronika Bellmann, German politician
- 1985Juan Cruz Álvarez, Argentine racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.