November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2020 is the 326th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Beulah’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 235Pope Anterus succeeds Pontian as the nineteenth pope. During the persecutions of emperor Maximinus Thrax he is martyred.
- 1916World War I: A mine explodes and sinks HMHS Britannic in the Aegean Sea, killing 30 people.
- 1967Vietnam War: American General William Westmoreland tells news reporters: “I am absolutely certain that whereas in 1965 the enemy was winning, today he is certainly losing.”
- 1969U.S. President Richard Nixon and Japanese Premier Eisaku Sato agree in Washington, D.C. on the return of Okinawa to Japanese control in 1972. Under the terms of the agreement, the U.S. is to retain its rights to bases on the island, but these are to be nuclear-free.
- 1974The Birmingham Pub Bombings kill 21 people. The Birmingham Six are sentenced to life in prison for the crime but subsequently acquitted.
- 1977Minister of Internal Affairs Allan Highet announces that 'the national anthems of New Zealand shall be the traditional anthem “God Save the Queen” and the poem “God Defend New Zealand”, written by Thomas Bracken, as set to music by John Joseph Woods, both being of equal status as national anthems appropriate to the occasion.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: National Security Council member Oliver North and his secretary start to shred documents implicating them in the sale of weapons to Iran and channeling the proceeds to help fund the Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
- 2004The second round of the Ukrainian presidential election is held, giving rise to massive protests and controversy over the election’s integrity.
- 2006Anti-Syrian Lebanese Minister and MP Pierre Gemayel is assassinated in suburban Beirut.
- 2009A mine explosion in Heilongjiang province, northeastern China, kills 108.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1643René-Robert Cavelier de LaSalle French explorer (d. 1687)
- 1851Désiré-Joseph Mercier, Belgian Cardinal (d. 1926)
- 1924Milka Planinc, Prime Minister of Yugoslavia (d. 2010)
- 1927Georgia Frontiere, American professional sports team owner (d. 2008)
- 1940Dr. John, American musician
- 1950Stephen Geyer, American film and television composer
- 1966Troy Aikman, American football player
- 1977Bruno Berner, Swiss footballer
- 1977Yolande James, Canadian politician
- 1992Megan and Liz, American musicians
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.