November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2021 is the 325th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BQRXEAUGEHW? Check your answers here: Word scramble BQRXEAUGEHW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 164 BCJudas Maccabaeus, son of Mattathias of the Hasmonean family, restores the Temple in Jerusalem. This event is commemorated each year by the festival of Hanukkah.
- 235Pope Anterus succeeds Pontian as the nineteenth pope. During the persecutions of emperor Maximinus Thrax he is martyred.
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate President Jefferson Davis appoints Judah Benjamin secretary of war.
- 1894Port Arthur, Manchuria falls to the Japanese, a decisive victory of the First Sino-Japanese War, after which Japanese troops massacre the remaining inhabitants of the city.
- 1910Sailors onboard Brazil’s most powerful military units, including the brand-new warships Ship Brazilian battleship, Ship Brazilian battleship, and Ship Brazilian cruiser, violently rebel in what is now known as the Revolta da Chibata (Revolt of the Lash).
- 1920Irish War of Independence: In Dublin, 31 people are killed in what became known as “Bloody Sunday”. This included fourteen British informants, fourteen Irish civilians and three Irish Republican Army prisoners.
- 1950Two Canadian National Railway trains collide in northeastern British Columbia in the Canoe River train crash. Twenty-one people are killed, seventeen of them Canadian troops bound for Korea.
- 1964The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge opens to traffic (at the time it is the world’s longest suspension bridge).
- 1969The first permanent ARPANET link is established between UCLA and SRI.
- 1980A deadly fire breaks out at the MGM Grand Hotel in Paradise, Nevada (now Bally’s Las Vegas). 87 people are killed and more than 650 are injured in the worst disaster in Nevada history.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1904Coleman Hawkins, American musician (d. 1969)
- 1914Henri Laborit, French physician, writer, and philosopher (d. 1995)
- 1933Henry Hartsfield, American astronaut
- 1940Freddy Beras Goico, Dominican TV host and comedian (d. 2010)
- 1946Jacky Lafon, Belgian actress
- 1964Shane Douglas, American wrestler
- 1965Alexander Siddig, British actor
- 1979Alex Tanguay, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Jesús Navas, Spanish footballer
- 1985Nicola Silvestri, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.