November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2020 is the 326th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cole’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1783In Paris, Jean-François Pilâtre de Rozier and François Laurent, Marquis d'Arlandes, make the first untethered hot air balloon flight.
- 1894Port Arthur, Manchuria falls to the Japanese, a decisive victory of the First Sino-Japanese War, after which Japanese troops massacre the remaining inhabitants of the city.
- 1905Albert Einstein’s paper, Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?, is published in the journal “Annalen der Physik”. This paper reveals the relationship between energy and mass. This leads to the mass–energy equivalence formula E = mc².
- 1910Sailors onboard Brazil’s most powerful military units, including the brand-new warships Ship Brazilian battleship, Ship Brazilian battleship, and Ship Brazilian cruiser, violently rebel in what is now known as the Revolta da Chibata (Revolt of the Lash).
- 1927Columbine Mine Massacre: Striking coal miners are allegedly attacked with machine guns by a detachment of state police dressed in civilian clothes.
- 1942The completion of the Alaska Highway (also known as the Alcan Highway) is celebrated (however, the highway is not usable by general vehicles until 1943).
- 1953The British Natural History Museum announces that the “Piltdown Man” skull, initially believed to be one of the most important fossilized hominid skulls ever found, is a hoax.
- 1964The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge opens to traffic (at the time it is the world’s longest suspension bridge).
- 1967Vietnam War: American General William Westmoreland tells news reporters: “I am absolutely certain that whereas in 1965 the enemy was winning, today he is certainly losing.”
- 1970Vietnam War: Operation Ivory Coast – A joint Air Force and Army team raids the Son Tay prison camp in an attempt to free American prisoners of war thought to be held there.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1729Josiah Bartlett, American signer of the Declaration of Independence (d. 1795)
- 1787Samuel Cunard, Canadian-born shipping magnate (d. 1865)
- 1851Désiré-Joseph Mercier, Belgian Cardinal (d. 1926)
- 1854Pope Benedict XV (d. 1922)
- 1908Elizabeth George Speare, American author (d. 1994)
- 1920Stan Musial, American baseball player
- 1948George Zimmer, American entrepreneur
- 1966Troy Aikman, American football player
- 1968Inka Bause, German actress and singer
- 1978Daniel Bradshaw, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.