November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2021 is the 325th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OANRYGA? Check your answers here: Word scramble OANRYGA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate President Jefferson Davis appoints Judah Benjamin secretary of war.
- 1877Thomas Edison announces his invention of the phonograph, a machine that can record and play sound.
- 1905Albert Einstein’s paper, Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?, is published in the journal “Annalen der Physik”. This paper reveals the relationship between energy and mass. This leads to the mass–energy equivalence formula E = mc².
- 1922Rebecca Latimer Felton of Georgia takes the oath of office, becoming the first female United States Senator.
- 1969U.S. President Richard Nixon and Japanese Premier Eisaku Sato agree in Washington, D.C. on the return of Okinawa to Japanese control in 1972. Under the terms of the agreement, the U.S. is to retain its rights to bases on the island, but these are to be nuclear-free.
- 1977Minister of Internal Affairs Allan Highet announces that 'the national anthems of New Zealand shall be the traditional anthem “God Save the Queen” and the poem “God Defend New Zealand”, written by Thomas Bracken, as set to music by John Joseph Woods, both being of equal status as national anthems appropriate to the occasion.
- 1979The United States Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan is attacked by a mob and set on fire, killing four. (see: Foreign relations of Pakistan)
- 1995The Dayton Peace Agreement is initialed at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base, near Dayton, Ohio, ending three and a half years of war in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The agreement is formally ratified in Paris, on December 14 that same year.
- 2004The second round of the Ukrainian presidential election is held, giving rise to massive protests and controversy over the election’s integrity.
- 2006Anti-Syrian Lebanese Minister and MP Pierre Gemayel is assassinated in suburban Beirut.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1898René Magritte, Belgian painter (d. 1967)
- 1922Abe Lemons, American basketball coach (d. 2002)
- 1924Milka Planinc, Prime Minister of Yugoslavia (d. 2010)
- 1934Laurence Luckinbill, American actor
- 1944Richard Durbin, American politician
- 1945Goldie Hawn, American actress
- 1964Liza Tarbuck, British entertainer
- 1979Alex Tanguay, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1980Leonardo González, Costa Rican footballer
- 2001Samantha Bailey, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.