November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2021 is the 325th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TEMESJFBQU? Check your answers here: Word scramble TEMESJFBQU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 164 BCJudas Maccabaeus, son of Mattathias of the Hasmonean family, restores the Temple in Jerusalem. This event is commemorated each year by the festival of Hanukkah.
- 235Pope Anterus succeeds Pontian as the nineteenth pope. During the persecutions of emperor Maximinus Thrax he is martyred.
- 1916World War I: A mine explodes and sinks HMHS Britannic in the Aegean Sea, killing 30 people.
- 1918Flag of Estonia, previously used by pro-independence activists, is formally adopted as national flag of the Republic of Estonia.
- 1942The completion of the Alaska Highway (also known as the Alcan Highway) is celebrated (however, the highway is not usable by general vehicles until 1943).
- 1959American disc jockey Alan Freed, who had popularized the term “rock and roll” and music of that style, is fired from WABC-AM radio for refusing to deny allegations that he had participated in the payola scandal.
- 1964The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge opens to traffic (at the time it is the world’s longest suspension bridge).
- 1969The first permanent ARPANET link is established between UCLA and SRI.
- 1974The Birmingham Pub Bombings kill 21 people. The Birmingham Six are sentenced to life in prison for the crime but subsequently acquitted.
- 2004The island of Dominica is hit by the most destructive earthquake in its history. The northern half of the island receives the most damage, especially the town of Portsmouth. It is also felt in neighboring Guadeloupe, where one person is killed.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1870Sigfrid Edström, Swedish sports official (d. 1964)
- 1876Olav Duun, Norwegian writer (d. 1939)
- 1924Christopher Tolkien, British author
- 1929Laurier LaPierre, Canadian journalist and politician
- 1930Marjan Rožanc, Slovenian writer and essayist (d. 1990)
- 1968Antonio Tarver, American boxer
- 1971Michael Strahan, American football player
- 1972David Tua, Samoan boxer
- 1972Rain Phoenix, American singer/actress
- 1976Daniel Whiston, British ice skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.