November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2019 is the 325th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ivan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate President Jefferson Davis appoints Judah Benjamin secretary of war.
- 1877Thomas Edison announces his invention of the phonograph, a machine that can record and play sound.
- 1894Port Arthur, Manchuria falls to the Japanese, a decisive victory of the First Sino-Japanese War, after which Japanese troops massacre the remaining inhabitants of the city.
- 1922Rebecca Latimer Felton of Georgia takes the oath of office, becoming the first female United States Senator.
- 1942The completion of the Alaska Highway (also known as the Alcan Highway) is celebrated (however, the highway is not usable by general vehicles until 1943).
- 1962The Chinese People’s Liberation Army declares a unilateral cease-fire in the Sino-Indian War.
- 1971Indian troops, partly aided by Mukti Bahini (Bengali guerrillas), defeat the Pakistan army in the Battle of Garibpur.
- 1977Minister of Internal Affairs Allan Highet announces that 'the national anthems of New Zealand shall be the traditional anthem “God Save the Queen” and the poem “God Defend New Zealand”, written by Thomas Bracken, as set to music by John Joseph Woods, both being of equal status as national anthems appropriate to the occasion.
- 1980A deadly fire breaks out at the MGM Grand Hotel in Paradise, Nevada (now Bally’s Las Vegas). 87 people are killed and more than 650 are injured in the worst disaster in Nevada history.
- 2002NATO invites Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia to become members.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1567Anne de Xainctonge, French saint (d. 1621)
- 1927Georgia Frontiere, American professional sports team owner (d. 2008)
- 1942Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul, German politician
- 1948Alphonse Mouzon, American drummer
- 1965Alexander Siddig, British actor
- 1974Karen Rolton, Australian Cricketer
- 1975Aaron Solowoniuk, Canadian drummer
- 1977Myles Heskett, Australian musician (Wolfmother)
- 1977Yolande James, Canadian politician
- 1992Megan and Liz, American musicians
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.