November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2019 was the 325th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Geoffrey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate President Jefferson Davis appoints Judah Benjamin secretary of war.
- 1894Port Arthur, Manchuria falls to the Japanese, a decisive victory of the First Sino-Japanese War, after which Japanese troops massacre the remaining inhabitants of the city.
- 1918A pogrom takes place in Lwów (now Lviv); over three days, at least 50 Jews and 270 Ukrainian Christians are killed by Poles.
- 1918Flag of Estonia, previously used by pro-independence activists, is formally adopted as national flag of the Republic of Estonia.
- 1927Columbine Mine Massacre: Striking coal miners are allegedly attacked with machine guns by a detachment of state police dressed in civilian clothes.
- 1969The first permanent ARPANET link is established between UCLA and SRI.
- 1969U.S. President Richard Nixon and Japanese Premier Eisaku Sato agree in Washington, D.C. on the return of Okinawa to Japanese control in 1972. Under the terms of the agreement, the U.S. is to retain its rights to bases on the island, but these are to be nuclear-free.
- 1977Minister of Internal Affairs Allan Highet announces that 'the national anthems of New Zealand shall be the traditional anthem “God Save the Queen” and the poem “God Defend New Zealand”, written by Thomas Bracken, as set to music by John Joseph Woods, both being of equal status as national anthems appropriate to the occasion.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: National Security Council member Oliver North and his secretary start to shred documents implicating them in the sale of weapons to Iran and channeling the proceeds to help fund the Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
- 1995The Dayton Peace Agreement is initialed at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base, near Dayton, Ohio, ending three and a half years of war in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The agreement is formally ratified in Paris, on December 14 that same year.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1760Joseph Plumb Martin, Soldier in the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War (d. 1850)
- 1922María Casares, Spanish-born actress (d. 1996)
- 1930Marjan Rožanc, Slovenian writer and essayist (d. 1990)
- 1939Budd Dwyer, American politician (d. 1987)
- 1942Afa Anoa'i, Samoan/American wrestler
- 1942Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul, German politician
- 1943Jacques Laffite, French racing driver
- 1943Phil Bredesen, American politician and 48th Governor of Tennessee
- 1945Goldie Hawn, American actress
- 1981Jonny Magallón, Mexican footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.