November 21: Day of the Week
November 21, 2021 is the 325th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 40 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AEMUPVSASQ? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters AEMUPVSASQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1916World War I: A mine explodes and sinks HMHS Britannic in the Aegean Sea, killing 30 people.
- 1959American disc jockey Alan Freed, who had popularized the term “rock and roll” and music of that style, is fired from WABC-AM radio for refusing to deny allegations that he had participated in the payola scandal.
- 1964Second Vatican Council: The third session of the Roman Catholic Church’s ecumenical council closes.
- 1970Vietnam War: Operation Ivory Coast – A joint Air Force and Army team raids the Son Tay prison camp in an attempt to free American prisoners of war thought to be held there.
- 1974The Birmingham Pub Bombings kill 21 people. The Birmingham Six are sentenced to life in prison for the crime but subsequently acquitted.
- 1985United States Navy intelligence analyst Jonathan Pollard is arrested for spying after being caught giving Israel classified information on Arab nations. He is subsequently sentenced to life in prison.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: National Security Council member Oliver North and his secretary start to shred documents implicating them in the sale of weapons to Iran and channeling the proceeds to help fund the Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
- 2002NATO invites Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia to become members.
- 2004The island of Dominica is hit by the most destructive earthquake in its history. The northern half of the island receives the most damage, especially the town of Portsmouth. It is also felt in neighboring Guadeloupe, where one person is killed.
- 2004The second round of the Ukrainian presidential election is held, giving rise to massive protests and controversy over the election’s integrity.
Who were born on November 21?
- 1851Désiré-Joseph Mercier, Belgian Cardinal (d. 1926)
- 1878Gustav Radbruch, German law professor (d. 1949)
- 1886Harold Nicolson, British diplomat (d. 1968)
- 1921Joonas Kokkonen, Finnish composer (d. 1996)
- 1948Michel Suleiman, President of Lebanon
- 1962Steven Curtis Chapman, American musician
- 1980Alec Brownstein, American author, director
- 1980Hank Blalock, American baseball player
- 1981Piet Rinke, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1984Hope Dworaczyk, American model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.