November 22: Day of the Week
November 22, 2021 is the 326th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 39 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EPAYUHUWS? Check your answers here: Word finder EPAYUHUWS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 22 Historical Event(s)
- 498After the death of Anastasius II, Symmachus is elected Pope in the Lateran Palace, while Laurentius is elected Pope in Santa Maria Maggiore.
- 845The first King of all Brittany, Nominoe defeats the Frankish king Charles the Bald at the Battle of Ballon near Redon.
- 1635Dutch colonial forces on Taiwan launch a pacification campaign against native villages, resulting in Dutch control of the middle and south of the island.
- 1812War of 1812: 17 Indiana Rangers are killed at the Battle of Wild Cat Creek.
- 1935The China Clipper, the first transpacific mail and passenger service, takes off from Alameda, California for its first commercial flight. It reaches its destination, Manila, a week later.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – General Friedrich Paulus sends Adolf Hitler a telegram saying that the German 6th army is surrounded.
- 1975Juan Carlos is declared King of Spain following the death of Francisco Franco.
- 1977British Airways inaugurates a regular London to New York City supersonic Concorde service.
- 1987Two Chicago television stations are hijacked by an unknown pirate dressed as Max Headroom.
- 2005Angela Merkel becomes the first female Chancellor of Germany.
Who were born on November 22?
- 1856Heber J. Grant, American religious leader (d. 1945)
- 1877Joan Gamper, Swiss businessman (d. 1930)
- 1904Louis Néel, French physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 2000)
- 1913Benjamin Britten, British composer (d. 1976)
- 1936Joachim Bißmeier, German actor
- 1938Henry C. Lee, Chinese-born American criminologist
- 1941Tom Conti, British actor
- 1950Jim Jefferies, Scottish football manager
- 1950Steven Van Zandt, American musician
- 1981Seweryn Gancarczyk, Polish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.