November 22: Day of the Week
November 22, 2020 is the 327th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 39 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Judy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 22 Historical Event(s)
- 845The first King of all Brittany, Nominoe defeats the Frankish king Charles the Bald at the Battle of Ballon near Redon.
- 1837Canadian journalist and politician William Lyon Mackenzie calls for a rebellion against the United Kingdom in his essay “To the People of Upper Canada”, published in his newspaper The Constitution.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea: Confederate General John Bell Hood invades Tennessee in an unsuccessful attempt to draw Union General William T. Sherman from Georgia.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – General Friedrich Paulus sends Adolf Hitler a telegram saying that the German 6th army is surrounded.
- 1969In American football, the University of Michigan upset Ohio State University, 24-12, in Bo Schembechler’s first season as Michigan’s head coach. The win set off the 10 Year War between Schembechler and Ohio State’s Woody Hayes. (See also Michigan-Ohio State rivalry).
- 1973The Italian Fascist organization Ordine Nuovo is disbanded.
- 1987Two Chicago television stations are hijacked by an unknown pirate dressed as Max Headroom.
- 1995Toy Story is released as the first feature-length film created completely using computer-generated imagery.
- 1997In Nigeria, more than 100 people are killed at an attack aimed at the contestants of the Miss World contest.
- 2004In Global governance, Decision o916-d1 adopted as mission statement: 'To create an accepted framework for all humankind, that is self-regulating and which enables every person to achieve their fullest potential in harmony with the world and its place in existence.'
Who were born on November 22?
- 1814Serranus Clinton Hastings, American politician (d. 1893)
- 1856Heber J. Grant, American religious leader (d. 1945)
- 1919Máire Drumm, Irish civil rights activist (d. 1976)
- 1938Henry C. Lee, Chinese-born American criminologist
- 1949David Pietrusza, American baseball historian
- 1959Eddie Frierson, American voice actor and stage actor
- 1977Michael Preston, English footballer
- 1982Isild Le Besco, French actress
- 1983Corey Beaulieu, American guitarist (Trivium)
- 1988Jamie Campbell Bower, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.