November 22: Day of the Week
November 22, 2019 is the 326th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 39 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Henry’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1573The Brazilian city of Niterói is founded.
- 1635Dutch colonial forces on Taiwan launch a pacification campaign against native villages, resulting in Dutch control of the middle and south of the island.
- 1718Off the coast of North Carolina, British pirate Edward Teach (best known as “Blackbeard”) is killed in battle with a boarding party led by Royal Navy Lieutenant Robert Maynard.
- 1812War of 1812: 17 Indiana Rangers are killed at the Battle of Wild Cat Creek.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – General Friedrich Paulus sends Adolf Hitler a telegram saying that the German 6th army is surrounded.
- 1943Lebanon gains independence from France.
- 1943World War II: War in the Pacific – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and Chinese leader Chiang Kai-Shek meet in Cairo, Egypt, to discuss ways to defeat Japan (see Cairo Conference)
- 1954The Humane Society of the United States is founded.
- 1973The Italian Fascist organization Ordine Nuovo is disbanded.
- 1989In West Beirut, a bomb explodes near the motorcade of Lebanese President Rene Moawad, killing him.
Who were born on November 22?
- 1787Rasmus Christian Rask, Danish linguist (d. 1823)
- 1925Gunther Schuller, American composer and conductor
- 1932Robert Vaughn, American actor
- 1942Guion Bluford, American astronaut
- 1947Paloma San Basilio, Spanish singer
- 1950Art Sullivan, Belgian singer
- 1953Urmas Alender, Estonian singer (d. 1994)
- 1958Lee Guetterman, American baseball player
- 1969Byron Houston, American former professional basketball player and convicted sex offender
- 1980Yaroslav Rybakov, Russian athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.