November 22: Day of the Week
November 22, 2020 is the 327th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 39 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LOUICXDEHN? Check your answers here: Word scramble LOUICXDEHN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1574Discovery of the Juan Fernández Islands off Chile.
- 1858Denver, Colorado is founded.
- 1908The Congress of Monastir establishes the Albanian alphabet.
- 1943Lebanon gains independence from France.
- 1943World War II: War in the Pacific – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and Chinese leader Chiang Kai-Shek meet in Cairo, Egypt, to discuss ways to defeat Japan (see Cairo Conference)
- 1977British Airways inaugurates a regular London to New York City supersonic Concorde service.
- 1997In Nigeria, more than 100 people are killed at an attack aimed at the contestants of the Miss World contest.
- 2004In Global governance, Decision o916-d1 adopted as mission statement: 'To create an accepted framework for all humankind, that is self-regulating and which enables every person to achieve their fullest potential in harmony with the world and its place in existence.'
- 2004The Orange Revolution begins in Ukraine, resulting from the presidential elections.
- 2005Angela Merkel becomes the first female Chancellor of Germany.
Who were born on November 22?
- 1458Jacob Obrecht, Dutch composer (d. 1505)
- 1515Marie of Guise, Queen consort of James V of Scotland (d. 1560)
- 1868John Nance Garner, American politician (d. 1967)
- 1902Sir Humphrey Gibbs, Rhodesian politician (d. 1990)
- 1909Mikhail Mil, Russian aviation designer (d. 1970)
- 1910Mary Jackson, American actress (d. 2005)
- 1925Gunther Schuller, American composer and conductor
- 1941Tom Conti, British actor
- 1963Scoop Jackson, American sportswriter
- 1966Richard Stanley, South African film director
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.