November 22: Day of the Week
November 22, 2021 is the 326th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 39 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JZKIAU? Check your answers here: Word search JZKIAU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1573The Brazilian city of Niterói is founded.
- 1812War of 1812: 17 Indiana Rangers are killed at the Battle of Wild Cat Creek.
- 1837Canadian journalist and politician William Lyon Mackenzie calls for a rebellion against the United Kingdom in his essay “To the People of Upper Canada”, published in his newspaper The Constitution.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea: Confederate General John Bell Hood invades Tennessee in an unsuccessful attempt to draw Union General William T. Sherman from Georgia.
- 1940World War II: Following the initial Italian invasion, Greek troops counterattack into Italian-occupied Albania and capture Korytsa.
- 1967UN Security Council Resolution 242 is adopted by the UN Security Council, establishing a set of the principles aimed at guiding negotiations for an Arab-Israeli peace settlement.
- 1973The Italian Fascist organization Ordine Nuovo is disbanded.
- 1974The United Nations General Assembly grants the Palestine Liberation Organization observer status.
- 1995Toy Story is released as the first feature-length film created completely using computer-generated imagery.
- 2004In Global governance, Decision o916-d1 adopted as mission statement: 'To create an accepted framework for all humankind, that is self-regulating and which enables every person to achieve their fullest potential in harmony with the world and its place in existence.'
Who were born on November 22?
- 1904Louis Néel, French physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 2000)
- 1948Radomir Antić, Serbian football manager
- 1953Urmas Alender, Estonian singer (d. 1994)
- 1955James Edwards, American basketball player
- 1959Frank McAvennie, Scottish footballer
- 1973Chad Trujillo, American astronomer
- 1975Aiko, Japanese singer
- 1976Ville Valo, Finnish singer (HIM)
- 1982Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Nigerian footballer
- 1985Austin Brown, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.