November 22: Day of the Week
November 22, 2019 was the 326th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 39 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jose’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 22 Historical Event(s)
- 845The first King of all Brittany, Nominoe defeats the Frankish king Charles the Bald at the Battle of Ballon near Redon.
- 1573The Brazilian city of Niterói is founded.
- 1858Denver, Colorado is founded.
- 1864American Civil War: Sherman’s March to the Sea: Confederate General John Bell Hood invades Tennessee in an unsuccessful attempt to draw Union General William T. Sherman from Georgia.
- 1908The Congress of Monastir establishes the Albanian alphabet.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Stalingrad – General Friedrich Paulus sends Adolf Hitler a telegram saying that the German 6th army is surrounded.
- 1943Lebanon gains independence from France.
- 1943World War II: War in the Pacific – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and Chinese leader Chiang Kai-Shek meet in Cairo, Egypt, to discuss ways to defeat Japan (see Cairo Conference)
- 1975Juan Carlos is declared King of Spain following the death of Francisco Franco.
- 2004The Orange Revolution begins in Ukraine, resulting from the presidential elections.
Who were born on November 22?
- 1814Serranus Clinton Hastings, American politician (d. 1893)
- 1910Mary Jackson, American actress (d. 2005)
- 1923Arthur Hiller, Canadian film director
- 1936Joachim Bißmeier, German actor
- 1947Paloma San Basilio, Spanish singer
- 1957Donny Deutsch, American television personality and advertising executive
- 1962Sumi Jo, South Korean operatic soprano
- 1967Quint Kessenich, American lacrosse player and sportscaster
- 1981Pape Sow, Senegalese basketball player
- 1982Alasdair Duncan, Australian novelist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.