November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2023 is the 328th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JFIZAWFFODY? Check your answers here: Word solver JFIZAWFFODY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1835The Texas Provincial Government authorizes the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety).
- 1859Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called “Evolution Day”
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Lookout Mountain – Near Chattanooga, Tennessee, Union forces under General Ulysses S. Grant capture Lookout Mountain and begin to break the Confederate siege of the city led by General Braxton Bragg.
- 1932In Washington, D.C., the FBI Scientific Crime Detection Laboratory (better known as the FBI Crime Lab) officially opens.
- 1941World War II: The United States grants Lend-Lease to the Free French.
- 1950The “Storm of the Century”, a violent snowstorm, takes shape on this date before paralyzing the northeastern United States and the Appalachians the next day, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. 353 people would die as a result of the storm.
- 1963Lee Harvey Oswald is murdered by Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police department headquarters. The shooting happens to be broadcast live on television.
- 1965Joseph Désiré Mobutu seizes power in the Congo and becomes President; he rules the country (which he renames Zaire in 1971) for over 30 years, until being overthrown by rebels in 1997.
- 1966Bulgarian TABSO Flight 101 crashes near Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, killing all 82 people on board.
- 1974Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed “Lucy” (after The Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia’s Afar Depression.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1864Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, French painter (d. 1901)
- 1897Lucky Luciano, American gangster (d. 1962)
- 1929Franciszek Kokot, Polish nephrologist
- 1938Willy Claes, Belgian politician
- 1947Dave Sinclair, English musician (Caravan, Hatfield and the North)
- 1966Russell Watson, British singer
- 1976Dave Aizer, American television host
- 1979Joseba Llorente, Spanish footballer
- 1983Karine Vanasse, Canadian actress
- 1984Maria Riesch, German alpine skier
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.