November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2019 is the 328th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1642Abel Tasman becomes the first European to discover the island Van Diemen’s Land (later renamed Tasmania).
- 1835The Texas Provincial Government authorizes the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety).
- 1859Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called “Evolution Day”
- 1906The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
- 1935The Senegalese Socialist Party holds its second congress.
- 1943World War II: The USS Liscome Bay is torpedoed near Tarawa and sinks, killing 650 men.
- 1950The “Storm of the Century”, a violent snowstorm, takes shape on this date before paralyzing the northeastern United States and the Appalachians the next day, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. 353 people would die as a result of the storm.
- 1965Joseph Désiré Mobutu seizes power in the Congo and becomes President; he rules the country (which he renames Zaire in 1971) for over 30 years, until being overthrown by rebels in 1997.
- 1966Bulgarian TABSO Flight 101 crashes near Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, killing all 82 people on board.
- 1973A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1394Charles, Duke of Orléans, French poet (d. 1465)
- 1615Philipp Wilhelm, Elector Palatine (d. 1690)
- 1873Julius Martov, Russian communiust leader (d. 1923)
- 1888Dale Carnegie, American writer (d. 1955)
- 1917Howard Duff, American actor (d. 1990)
- 1919David Kossoff, British actor (d. 2005)
- 1944Dan Glickman, American political, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Kansas and the 26th United States Secretary of Agriculture
- 1955Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth, Swedish politician
- 1958Roy Aitken, Scottish former footballer
- 1986Mohamed Massaquoi, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.