November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2019 was the 328th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Caden’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1429Joan of Arc unsuccessfully besieges La Charité.
- 1642Abel Tasman becomes the first European to discover the island Van Diemen’s Land (later renamed Tasmania).
- 1859Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called “Evolution Day”
- 1906The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
- 1932In Washington, D.C., the FBI Scientific Crime Detection Laboratory (better known as the FBI Crime Lab) officially opens.
- 1935The Senegalese Socialist Party holds its second congress.
- 1940World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- 1944World War II: Bombing of Tokyo – The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
- 1969Apollo program: The Apollo 12 command module splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean, ending the second manned mission to the Moon.
- 1973A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1690Charles Theodore Pachelbel, German composer (d. 1750)
- 1729Alexander Suvorov, Russian general (d. 1800)
- 1787Franz Xaver Gruber, Austrian organist (d. 1863)
- 1806William Webb Ellis, credited with the invention of Rugby (d. 1872)
- 1924Victor Grinich, Croatian-American businessman (d. 2000)
- 1960Edgar Meyer, American bassist and composer
- 1961Arundhati Roy, Indian writer
- 1978Katherine Heigl, American actress
- 1979Joseba Llorente, Spanish footballer
- 1983José López, Venezuelan baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.