November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2021 is the 328th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OOIIRYJ? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OOIIRYJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 380Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- 1227Polish Prince Leszek I the White is assassinated at an assembly of Piast dukes at Gąsawa.
- 1850Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
- 1859Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called “Evolution Day”
- 1940World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- 1941World War II: The United States grants Lend-Lease to the Free French.
- 1962The West Berlin branch of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany forms a separate party, the Socialist Unity Party of West Berlin.
- 1963Lee Harvey Oswald is murdered by Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police department headquarters. The shooting happens to be broadcast live on television.
- 1966Bulgarian TABSO Flight 101 crashes near Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, killing all 82 people on board.
- 1969Apollo program: The Apollo 12 command module splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean, ending the second manned mission to the Moon.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1583Juan Martínez de Jáuregui y Aguilar, Spanish poet (d. 1641)
- 1655Charles XI of Sweden (d. 1697)
- 1787Franz Xaver Gruber, Austrian organist (d. 1863)
- 1924Victor Grinich, Croatian-American businessman (d. 2000)
- 1940Paul Tagliabue, retired commissioner of the National Football League
- 1962John Squire, British guitarist (The Stone Roses)
- 1970Ashley Ward, British footballer
- 1971Keith Primeau, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1977Colin Hanks, American actor
- 1986Mohamed Massaquoi, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.