November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2021 is the 328th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ATVOCEN? Check your answers here: Word solver ATVOCEN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 380Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- 1227Polish Prince Leszek I the White is assassinated at an assembly of Piast dukes at Gąsawa.
- 1850Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Lookout Mountain – Near Chattanooga, Tennessee, Union forces under General Ulysses S. Grant capture Lookout Mountain and begin to break the Confederate siege of the city led by General Braxton Bragg.
- 1906The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
- 1935The Senegalese Socialist Party holds its second congress.
- 1966Bulgarian TABSO Flight 101 crashes near Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, killing all 82 people on board.
- 1973A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months.
- 1980Assassination of Oscar Romero, Archbishop of San Salvador.
- 1992A China Southern Airlines domestic flight in the People’s Republic of China, crashes, killing all 141 people on-board.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1874Charles William Miller, Brazilian footballer (d. 1953)
- 1917Howard Duff, American actor (d. 1990)
- 1925Simon van der Meer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011)
- 1930Bob Friend, American baseball player
- 1938Charles Starkweather, American Spree Killer (d. 1959)
- 1952Norbert Haug, German motorsport executive (Mercedes Benz)
- 1957Edward Stourton, British radio presenter
- 1968Bülent Korkmaz, Turkish footballer
- 1976Dave Aizer, American television host
- 1983Lars Eckert, German rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.