November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2020 is the 329th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kristopher’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 380Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- 1429Joan of Arc unsuccessfully besieges La Charité.
- 1850Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
- 1859Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called “Evolution Day”
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Lookout Mountain – Near Chattanooga, Tennessee, Union forces under General Ulysses S. Grant capture Lookout Mountain and begin to break the Confederate siege of the city led by General Braxton Bragg.
- 1906The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
- 1944World War II: Bombing of Tokyo – The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
- 1962The West Berlin branch of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany forms a separate party, the Socialist Unity Party of West Berlin.
- 1969Apollo program: The Apollo 12 command module splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean, ending the second manned mission to the Moon.
- 1980Assassination of Oscar Romero, Archbishop of San Salvador.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1849Frances Hodgson Burnett, British-born author (d. 1924)
- 1904Albert Ross Tilley, Canadian Plastic Surgeon (d. 1988)
- 1932Fred Titmus, English cricketer (d. 2011)
- 1935Ronald Vernie Dellums, U.S. Representative from California
- 1940Paul Tagliabue, retired commissioner of the National Football League
- 1950Stanley Livingston, American actor
- 1958Roy Aitken, Scottish former footballer
- 1976Christian Laflamme, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1982Ryan Fitzpatrick, American football player
- 1983Dean Ashton, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.