November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2020 is the 329th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Oliver’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1227Polish Prince Leszek I the White is assassinated at an assembly of Piast dukes at Gąsawa.
- 1642Abel Tasman becomes the first European to discover the island Van Diemen’s Land (later renamed Tasmania).
- 1850Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
- 1859Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called “Evolution Day”
- 1941World War II: The United States grants Lend-Lease to the Free French.
- 1962The West Berlin branch of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany forms a separate party, the Socialist Unity Party of West Berlin.
- 1963Lee Harvey Oswald is murdered by Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police department headquarters. The shooting happens to be broadcast live on television.
- 1966Bulgarian TABSO Flight 101 crashes near Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, killing all 82 people on board.
- 1974Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed “Lucy” (after The Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia’s Afar Depression.
- 1980Assassination of Oscar Romero, Archbishop of San Salvador.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1745Maria Louisa of Spain, Empress consort of the Holy Roman Empire (d. 1792)
- 1921John Lindsay, American politician (d. 2000)
- 1925Simon van der Meer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011)
- 1926Tsung-Dao Lee, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1948Spider Robinson, science fiction author
- 1952Norbert Haug, German motorsport executive (Mercedes Benz)
- 1955Ian Botham, England test cricketer
- 1958Roy Aitken, Scottish former footballer
- 1969David Adeang, Nauruan politician
- 1983Dean Ashton, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.