November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2021 is the 328th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SYAOOVJITNAKL? Check your answers here: Words with these letters SYAOOVJITNAKL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1227Polish Prince Leszek I the White is assassinated at an assembly of Piast dukes at Gąsawa.
- 1642Abel Tasman becomes the first European to discover the island Van Diemen’s Land (later renamed Tasmania).
- 1835The Texas Provincial Government authorizes the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety).
- 1859Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called “Evolution Day”
- 1932In Washington, D.C., the FBI Scientific Crime Detection Laboratory (better known as the FBI Crime Lab) officially opens.
- 1943World War II: The USS Liscome Bay is torpedoed near Tarawa and sinks, killing 650 men.
- 1950The “Storm of the Century”, a violent snowstorm, takes shape on this date before paralyzing the northeastern United States and the Appalachians the next day, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. 353 people would die as a result of the storm.
- 1962The West Berlin branch of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany forms a separate party, the Socialist Unity Party of West Berlin.
- 1973A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months.
- 1980Assassination of Oscar Romero, Archbishop of San Salvador.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1806William Webb Ellis, credited with the invention of Rugby (d. 1872)
- 1913Geraldine Fitzgerald, Irish-born actress (d. 2005)
- 1938Oscar Robertson, American basketball player
- 1940Eric Wilson, Canadian children’s author.
- 1943Dave Bing, seven-time All-Star basketball player and 70th mayor of Detroit
- 1944Dan Glickman, American political, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Kansas and the 26th United States Secretary of Agriculture
- 1951Chet Edwards, American politician
- 1964Brad Sherwood, American comedian
- 1974Machel Montano, Trinidad & Tobago musician
- 1976Chen Lu, Chinese figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.