November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2020 is the 329th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IVJIWUNU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IVJIWUNU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 380Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- 1542Battle of Solway Moss: The English army defeats the Scots.
- 1835The Texas Provincial Government authorizes the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety).
- 1850Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
- 1922Author and Irish Republican Army member Robert Erskine Childers is executed by an Irish Free State firing squad for illegally carrying a revolver.
- 1940World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- 1944World War II: Bombing of Tokyo – The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
- 1965Joseph Désiré Mobutu seizes power in the Congo and becomes President; he rules the country (which he renames Zaire in 1971) for over 30 years, until being overthrown by rebels in 1997.
- 1971During a severe thunderstorm over Washington state, a hijacker calling himself Dan Cooper (AKA D. B. Cooper) parachutes from a Northwest Orient Airlines plane with $200,000 in ransom money. He has never been found.
- 1973A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1632Baruch Spinoza, Dutch philosopher (d. 1677)
- 1881Al Christie, Canadian-born film director and producer (d. 1951)
- 1888Dale Carnegie, American writer (d. 1955)
- 1912Garson Kanin, American writer (d. 1999)
- 1917Shabtai Rosenne, British-born Israeli diplomat and jurist (d. 2010)
- 1943Dave Bing, seven-time All-Star basketball player and 70th mayor of Detroit
- 1943Robin Williamson, Scottish musician
- 1944Dan Glickman, American political, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Kansas and the 26th United States Secretary of Agriculture
- 1968Bülent Korkmaz, Turkish footballer
- 1979Becca Barlow, American guitarist (BarlowGirl)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.