November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2020 is the 329th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Abigail’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 380Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- 1429Joan of Arc unsuccessfully besieges La Charité.
- 1906The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
- 1922Author and Irish Republican Army member Robert Erskine Childers is executed by an Irish Free State firing squad for illegally carrying a revolver.
- 1940World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- 1963Lee Harvey Oswald is murdered by Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police department headquarters. The shooting happens to be broadcast live on television.
- 1963Vietnam War: Newly sworn-in US President Lyndon B. Johnson confirms that the United States intends to continue supporting South Vietnam both militarily and economically.
- 1971During a severe thunderstorm over Washington state, a hijacker calling himself Dan Cooper (AKA D. B. Cooper) parachutes from a Northwest Orient Airlines plane with $200,000 in ransom money. He has never been found.
- 1974Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed “Lucy” (after The Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia’s Afar Depression.
- 1992A China Southern Airlines domestic flight in the People’s Republic of China, crashes, killing all 141 people on-board.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1826Carlo Collodi, Italian author (d. 1890)
- 1885Christian Wirth, commandant of Belzec extermination camp (d. 1944)
- 1886Margaret Caroline Anderson, American publisher (d. 1973)
- 1917Howard Duff, American actor (d. 1990)
- 1926Tsung-Dao Lee, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1935Ronald Vernie Dellums, U.S. Representative from California
- 1957Edward Stourton, British radio presenter
- 1966Russell Watson, British singer
- 1976Chen Lu, Chinese figure skater
- 1977Colin Hanks, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.