November 24: Day of the Week
November 24, 2021 is the 328th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XEJVIYMJUIA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words XEJVIYMJUIA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 24 Historical Event(s)
- 380Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- 1850Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
- 1922Author and Irish Republican Army member Robert Erskine Childers is executed by an Irish Free State firing squad for illegally carrying a revolver.
- 1935The Senegalese Socialist Party holds its second congress.
- 1944World War II: Bombing of Tokyo – The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
- 1950The “Storm of the Century”, a violent snowstorm, takes shape on this date before paralyzing the northeastern United States and the Appalachians the next day, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. 353 people would die as a result of the storm.
- 1963Vietnam War: Newly sworn-in US President Lyndon B. Johnson confirms that the United States intends to continue supporting South Vietnam both militarily and economically.
- 1965Joseph Désiré Mobutu seizes power in the Congo and becomes President; he rules the country (which he renames Zaire in 1971) for over 30 years, until being overthrown by rebels in 1997.
- 1973A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months.
- 1974Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed “Lucy” (after The Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia’s Afar Depression.
Who were born on November 24?
- 1811Ulrich Ochsenbein, Swiss Federal Councillor (d. 1890)
- 1815Grace Darling, English heroine (d. 1842)
- 1826Carlo Collodi, Italian author (d. 1890)
- 1877Kavasji Jamshedji Petigara, Indian CID Commissioner of Police (d. 1941)
- 1911Joe Medwick, baseball player (d. 1975)
- 1917Howard Duff, American actor (d. 1990)
- 1924Victor Grinich, Croatian-American businessman (d. 2000)
- 1953Glenn Withrow, American actor
- 1955Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth, Swedish politician
- 1961Arundhati Roy, Indian writer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.