November 27: Day of the Week
November 27, 2020 is the 332nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 34 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AOXHBUISO? Check your answers here: Word search AOXHBUISO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 27 Historical Event(s)
- 176Emperor Marcus Aurelius grants his son Commodus the rank of Imperator and makes him Supreme Commander of the Roman legions.
- 1727The foundation stone to the Jerusalem’s Church in Berlin is laid.
- 1807The Portuguese Royal Family leaves Lisbon to escape from Napoleonic troops.
- 1839In Boston, Massachusetts, the American Statistical Association is founded.
- 1912Spain declares a protectorate over the north shore of Morocco.
- 1940In Romania, the ruling party Iron Guard arrests and executes over 60 of exiled King Carol II of Romania’s aides, including former minister Nicolae Iorga.
- 1963U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson makes his first address to Congress as president following the assassination of John F. Kennedy five days prior.
- 1989Avianca Flight 203, a Boeing 727, explodes in mid-air over Colombia, killing all 107 people on board and three people on the ground. The Medellín Cartel claimed responsibility for the attack.
- 1997Twenty-five are killed in the second Souhane massacre in Algeria.
- 2006The Canadian House of Commons endorses Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s motion to declare Quebec a nation within a unified Canada.
Who were born on November 27?
- 1582Pierre Dupuy, French scholar (d. 1651)
- 1907L. Sprague de Camp, American writer (d. 2000)
- 1911David Merrick, American stage producer (d. 2000)
- 1953Curtis Armstrong, American actor
- 1957Caroline Kennedy, American journalist and attorney
- 1957Kenny Acheson, Northern Irish racecar driver
- 1959Charlie Burchill, Scottish guitarist and keyboardist (Simple Minds)
- 1970Brooke Langton, American actress
- 1973Samantha Harris, American model and host
- 1983Professor Green, British Rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.