November 27: Day of the Week
November 27, 2020 is the 332nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 34 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Michelle’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 27 Historical Event(s)
- 176Emperor Marcus Aurelius grants his son Commodus the rank of Imperator and makes him Supreme Commander of the Roman legions.
- 395Rufinus, praetorian prefect of the East, is murdered by Gothic mercenaries under Gainas.
- 1727The foundation stone to the Jerusalem’s Church in Berlin is laid.
- 1815Adoption of Constitution of the Kingdom of Poland.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Mine Run – Union forces under General George Meade position against troops led by Confederate General Robert E. Lee.
- 1901The U.S. Army War College is established.
- 1924In New York City, the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is held.
- 1965Vietnam War: The Pentagon tells U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson that if planned operations are to succeed, the number of American troops in Vietnam has to be increased from 120,000 to 400,000.
- 1978The Kurdish party PKK is founded in the city of Riha (Urfa) in Turkey.
- 1999The left-wing Labour Party takes control of the New Zealand government with leader Helen Clark becoming the first elected female Prime Minister in New Zealand’s history.
Who were born on November 27?
- 1127Emperor Xiaozong of Song, Emperor of China (d. 1194)
- 1576Shimazu Tadatsune, Ruler of Satsuma (d. 1638)
- 1901Ted Husing, American sportscaster (d. 1962)
- 1911David Merrick, American stage producer (d. 2000)
- 1939Tony Green, British professional darts commentator
- 1952Daryl Stuermer, American guitarist (Genesis)
- 1957Kevin O'Connell, American sound re-recording mixer
- 1959Charlie Burchill, Scottish guitarist and keyboardist (Simple Minds)
- 1977Mika Tan, American pornographic actress
- 1982David Bellion, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.