November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2023 is the 332nd day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ATQJPJZSIEY? Check your answers here: Word search ATQJPJZSIEY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1627The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth Navy has its greatest and last victory in the Battle of Oliva.
- 1660At Gresham College, 12 men, including Christopher Wren, Robert Boyle, John Wilkins, and Sir Robert Moray decide to found what is later known as the Royal Society.
- 1666At least 3000 men of the Scottish Royal Army led by Tam Dalyell of the Binns defeat about 900 Covenanter rebels in the Battle of Rullion Green.
- 1811Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73, premieres at the Gewandhaus in Leipzig.
- 1814The Times in London is for the first time printed by automatic, steam powered presses built by the German inventors Friedrich Koenig and Andreas Friedrich Bauer, signaling the beginning of the availability of newspapers to a mass audience.
- 1821Panama Independence Day: Panama separates from Spain and joins Gran Colombia.
- 1885Bulgarian victory in the Serbo-Bulgarian War preserves the Unification of Bulgaria.
- 1893Women vote in a national election for the first time: the New Zealand general election.
- 1991South Ossetia declares independence from Georgia.
- 2002Suicide bombers blow up an Israeli-owned hotel in Mombasa, Kenya; their colleagues fail in their attempt to bring down Arkia Israel Airlines Flight 582 with surface-to-air-missiles.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1805John Stephens, American archeologist (d. 1852)
- 1928Arthur Melvin Okun, American economist (d. 1980)
- 1932Gato Barbieri, Argentinian saxophonist
- 1947Panayotis Varotsos, Greek physicist
- 1965Matt Williams, American baseball player
- 1966Helen Fospero, British television presenter and newsreader
- 1976Ryan Kwanten, Australian actor
- 1979Olcay Çetinkaya, Turkish football player
- 1984Marc-Andre Fleury, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1992Adam Hicks, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.