November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2019 is the 332nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1627The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth Navy has its greatest and last victory in the Battle of Oliva.
- 1666At least 3000 men of the Scottish Royal Army led by Tam Dalyell of the Binns defeat about 900 Covenanter rebels in the Battle of Rullion Green.
- 1895The first American automobile race takes place over the 54 miles from Chicago’s Jackson Park to Evanston, Illinois. Frank Duryea wins in approximately 10 hours.
- 1907In Haverhill, Massachusetts, scrap-metal dealer Louis B. Mayer opens his first movie theater.
- 1912Albania declares its independence from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1917The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
- 1918Bukovina votes for the union with the Kingdom of Romania.
- 1971Fred Quilt, a leader of the Tsilhqot'in First Nation is severely beaten by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers; he dies two days later.
- 1981Our Lady of Kibeho: Schoolchildren in Kibeho, Rwanda, experience the first of a series of Marian apparitions.
- 1989Cold War: Velvet Revolution – In the face of protests, the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia announces it will give up its monopoly on political power.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1820Friedrich Engels, German philosopher (d. 1895)
- 1881Stefan Zweig, Austrian writer (d. 1942)
- 1887Ernst Röhm, Nazi official (d. 1934)
- 1915Evald Okas, Estonian painter (d. 2011)
- 1955Jeffrey Byron, American actor
- 1961John Fenty, English football coach
- 1967Stephnie Weir, American comedian
- 1969Lexington Steele, American adult film actor
- 1977Fabio Grosso, Italian footballer
- 1979Joel Maximo, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.