November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2019 is the 332nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1785The Treaty of Hopewell is signed.
- 1814The Times in London is for the first time printed by automatic, steam powered presses built by the German inventors Friedrich Koenig and Andreas Friedrich Bauer, signaling the beginning of the availability of newspapers to a mass audience.
- 1885Bulgarian victory in the Serbo-Bulgarian War preserves the Unification of Bulgaria.
- 1893Women vote in a national election for the first time: the New Zealand general election.
- 1909Sergei Rachmaninoff makes the debut performance of his Piano Concerto No. 3, considered to be one of the most technically challenging piano concertos in the standard classical repertoire.
- 1910Eleftherios Venizelos, leader of the Liberal Party, wins the Greek elections again.
- 1917The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
- 1958Chad, the Republic of the Congo, and Gabon become autonomous republics within the French Community.
- 1972Last executions in Paris, of the Clairvaux Mutineers, Roger Bontems and Claude Buffet, guillotined at La Sante Prison. (Bontems had been found innocent of murder by the court, but as Buffet’s accomplice is condemned to death anyway.) The chief executioner is Andre Obrecht.
- 1987South African Airways Flight 295 crashes into the Indian Ocean, killing all 159 people on-board.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1700Nathaniel Bliss, Astronomer Royal (d. 1764)
- 1792Victor Cousin, French philosopher (d. 1867)
- 1853Helen Magill White, first American woman to earn a PhD (d. 1944)
- 1907Alberto Moravia, Italian writer (d. 1990)
- 1928Piet Steenbergen, Dutch footballer (d. 2010)
- 1957David Van Day, British singer (Dollar)
- 1974apl.de.ap, Filipino-American rapper
- 1976Ryan Kwanten, Australian actor
- 1984Mary Elizabeth Winstead, American actress
- 1991Jessica Robinson, English singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.