November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2020 is the 333rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Julie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1627The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth Navy has its greatest and last victory in the Battle of Oliva.
- 1843Ka Lā Hui: Hawaiian Independence Day – The Kingdom of Hawaii is officially recognized by the United Kingdom and France as an independent nation.
- 1907In Haverhill, Massachusetts, scrap-metal dealer Louis B. Mayer opens his first movie theater.
- 1909Sergei Rachmaninoff makes the debut performance of his Piano Concerto No. 3, considered to be one of the most technically challenging piano concertos in the standard classical repertoire.
- 1942In Boston, Massachusetts, a fire in the Cocoanut Grove nightclub kills 491 people.
- 1943World War II: Tehran Conference – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Soviet leader Joseph Stalin meet in Tehran, Iran to discuss war strategy.
- 1964Mariner program: NASA launches the Mariner 4 probe toward Mars.
- 1971Fred Quilt, a leader of the Tsilhqot'in First Nation is severely beaten by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers; he dies two days later.
- 1972Last executions in Paris, of the Clairvaux Mutineers, Roger Bontems and Claude Buffet, guillotined at La Sante Prison. (Bontems had been found innocent of murder by the court, but as Buffet’s accomplice is condemned to death anyway.) The chief executioner is Andre Obrecht.
- 2002Suicide bombers blow up an Israeli-owned hotel in Mombasa, Kenya; their colleagues fail in their attempt to bring down Arkia Israel Airlines Flight 582 with surface-to-air-missiles.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1570James Whitelocke, English judge (d. 1632)
- 1628John Bunyan, English cleric and author (d. 1688)
- 1946Joe Dante, American film director and producer
- 1959Judd Nelson, American actor
- 1962Paul Dinello, American comedian and actor
- 1974András Tölcséres, Hungarian footballer
- 1974Styles P, American rapper
- 1975Sigurd Wongraven, Norwegian musician (Satyricon)
- 1978Mehdi Nafti, Tunisian footballer
- 1997Thor Salden, Belgian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.