November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2020 is the 333rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HIJZNAOQS? Check your answers here: Word search HIJZNAOQS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1095On the last day of the Council of Clermont, Pope Urban II appoints Bishop Adhemar of Le Puy and Count Raymond IV of Toulouse to lead the First Crusade to the Holy Land.
- 1443Skanderbeg and his forces liberate Kruja in Middle Albania and raise the Albanian flag.
- 1520After navigating through a strait at the southern end of South America, three ships under the command of Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan reach the Pacific Ocean, becoming the first Europeans to sail from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific.
- 1582In Stratford-upon-Avon, William Shakespeare and Anne Hathaway pay a £40 bond for their marriage license.
- 1811Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73, premieres at the Gewandhaus in Leipzig.
- 1862American Civil War: In the Battle of Cane Hill, Union troops under General James G. Blunt defeat General John Marmaduke’s Confederates.
- 1914World War I: Following a war-induced closure in July, the New York Stock Exchange re-opens for bond trading.
- 1917The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
- 1918Bukovina votes for the union with the Kingdom of Romania.
- 1925The Grand Ole Opry begins broadcasting in Nashville, Tennessee as WSM Barn Dance.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1598Hans Nansen, Danish statesman (d. 1667)
- 1640Willem de Vlamingh, Flemish sea captain
- 1896Dawn Powell, American writer (d. 1965)
- 1896Lilia Skala, Austrian actress (d. 1994)
- 1904Nancy Mitford, British essayist (d. 1973)
- 1944Timothy Krajcir, American serial killer
- 1978Brent Albright, American professional wrestler
- 1978Freddie Mitchell, American football player
- 1979Olcay Çetinkaya, Turkish football player
- 1981Brian Tevreden, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.