November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2021 is the 332nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VTEICUM? Check your answers here: Word scramble VTEICUM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1095On the last day of the Council of Clermont, Pope Urban II appoints Bishop Adhemar of Le Puy and Count Raymond IV of Toulouse to lead the First Crusade to the Holy Land.
- 1666At least 3000 men of the Scottish Royal Army led by Tam Dalyell of the Binns defeat about 900 Covenanter rebels in the Battle of Rullion Green.
- 1905Irish nationalist Arthur Griffith founds Sinn Féin as a political party with the main aim of establishing a dual monarchy in Ireland.
- 1914World War I: Following a war-induced closure in July, the New York Stock Exchange re-opens for bond trading.
- 1920Irish War of Independence: Kilmichael Ambush - The Irish Republican Army ambush a convoy of British Auxiliaries and kill seventeen.
- 1965Vietnam War: In response to U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson’s call for “more flags” in Vietnam, Philippines President Elect Ferdinand Marcos announces he will send troops to help fight in South Vietnam.
- 1966Michel Micombero overthrows the monarchy of Burundi and makes himself the first president.
- 1971Fred Quilt, a leader of the Tsilhqot'in First Nation is severely beaten by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers; he dies two days later.
- 1971Wasfi al-Tal, Prime Minister of Jordan, is assassinated by the Black September unit of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
- 1972Last executions in Paris, of the Clairvaux Mutineers, Roger Bontems and Claude Buffet, guillotined at La Sante Prison. (Bontems had been found innocent of murder by the court, but as Buffet’s accomplice is condemned to death anyway.) The chief executioner is Andre Obrecht.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1489Margaret Tudor, wife of James IV of Scotland (d. 1541)
- 1866Henry Bacon, American architect (d. 1924)
- 1944R.B. Greaves, Guyanan singer
- 1947Maria Farantouri, Greek singer
- 1948Dick Morris, American political figure, author
- 1959Judd Nelson, American actor
- 1977Greg Somerville, New Zealand rugby union footballer
- 1979Olcay Çetinkaya, Turkish football player
- 1988Scarlett Pomers, American actress
- 1992Adam Hicks, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.