November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2020 is the 333rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bernice’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1095On the last day of the Council of Clermont, Pope Urban II appoints Bishop Adhemar of Le Puy and Count Raymond IV of Toulouse to lead the First Crusade to the Holy Land.
- 1627The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth Navy has its greatest and last victory in the Battle of Oliva.
- 1811Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73, premieres at the Gewandhaus in Leipzig.
- 1821Panama Independence Day: Panama separates from Spain and joins Gran Colombia.
- 1843Ka Lā Hui: Hawaiian Independence Day – The Kingdom of Hawaii is officially recognized by the United Kingdom and France as an independent nation.
- 1885Bulgarian victory in the Serbo-Bulgarian War preserves the Unification of Bulgaria.
- 1905Irish nationalist Arthur Griffith founds Sinn Féin as a political party with the main aim of establishing a dual monarchy in Ireland.
- 1907In Haverhill, Massachusetts, scrap-metal dealer Louis B. Mayer opens his first movie theater.
- 1972Last executions in Paris, of the Clairvaux Mutineers, Roger Bontems and Claude Buffet, guillotined at La Sante Prison. (Bontems had been found innocent of murder by the court, but as Buffet’s accomplice is condemned to death anyway.) The chief executioner is Andre Obrecht.
- 2002Suicide bombers blow up an Israeli-owned hotel in Mombasa, Kenya; their colleagues fail in their attempt to bring down Arkia Israel Airlines Flight 582 with surface-to-air-missiles.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1640Willem de Vlamingh, Flemish sea captain
- 1916Mary Lilian Baels, Princess of Rethy, Belgium (d. 2002)
- 1925József Bozsik, Hungarian footballer (d. 1978)
- 1960John Galliano, British fashion designer
- 1961Martin Clunes, British actor
- 1963Johnny Newman, American basketball player
- 1975Sunny Mabrey, American actress
- 1978Michael Simpkins, British football player
- 1980Lisa Middelhauve, German singer (Xandria)
- 1981Brian Tevreden, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.