November 28: Day of the Week
November 28, 2021 is the 332nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 33 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FDAZUXYPAE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters FDAZUXYPAE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1520After navigating through a strait at the southern end of South America, three ships under the command of Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan reach the Pacific Ocean, becoming the first Europeans to sail from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific.
- 1862American Civil War: In the Battle of Cane Hill, Union troops under General James G. Blunt defeat General John Marmaduke’s Confederates.
- 1885Bulgarian victory in the Serbo-Bulgarian War preserves the Unification of Bulgaria.
- 1907In Haverhill, Massachusetts, scrap-metal dealer Louis B. Mayer opens his first movie theater.
- 1912Albania declares its independence from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1917The Estonian Provincial Assembly declares itself the sovereign power of Estonia.
- 1925The Grand Ole Opry begins broadcasting in Nashville, Tennessee as WSM Barn Dance.
- 1975East Timor declares its independence from Portugal.
- 1981Our Lady of Kibeho: Schoolchildren in Kibeho, Rwanda, experience the first of a series of Marian apparitions.
- 1991South Ossetia declares independence from Georgia.
Who were born on November 28?
- 1853Helen Magill White, first American woman to earn a PhD (d. 1944)
- 1887Ernst Röhm, Nazi official (d. 1934)
- 1927Chuck Mitchell, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1960Kenny Wharton, English football coach
- 1961Alfonso Cuarón, Mexican film director
- 1967Stephnie Weir, American comedian
- 1974Kristian Schmid, Australian actor
- 1977Fabio Grosso, Italian footballer
- 1979Joel Maximo, American professional wrestler
- 1984Joross Gamboa, Filipino actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.