November 29: Day of the Week
November 29, 2021 is the 333rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 32 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BBWPAZOTEMAU? Check your answers here: Word solver BBWPAZOTEMAU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1776American Revolutionary War: The Battle of Fort Cumberland, Nova Scotia comes to an end with the arrival of British reinforcements.
- 1781The crew of the British slave ship Zong murders 133 Africans by dumping them into the sea to claim insurance.
- 1830November Uprising: An armed rebellion against Russia’s rule in Poland begins.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Spring Hill – A Confederate advance into Tennessee misses an opportunity to crush the Union Army. General John Bell Hood is angered, which leads to the Battle of Franklin.
- 1877Thomas Edison demonstrates his phonograph for the first time.
- 1881Spokan Falls (today the city of Spokane, Washington) is officially incorporated as a city.
- 1943The second session of AVNOJ, the Anti-fascist council of national liberation of Yugoslavia, is held in Jajce, Bosnia and Herzegovina, determining the post-war ordering of the country.
- 1947The Partition Plan: the United Nations General Assembly votes to partition Israel.
- 1963U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson establishes the Warren Commission to investigate the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- 1990Gulf War: The United Nations Security Council passes two resolutions to restore international peace and security if Iraq did not withdraw its forces from Kuwait and free all foreign hostages by January 15, 1991.
Who were born on November 29?
- 1627John Ray, English naturalist (d. 1705)
- 1816Morrison Waite, American jurist (d. 1888)
- 1856Theobald von Bethmann Hollweg, German statesman (d. 1921)
- 1857Theodor Escherich, German pediatrician (d. 1911)
- 1916Fran Ryan, American actress (d. 2000)
- 1938Gene Okerlund, American wrestling interviewer and announcer
- 1954Joel Coen, American film director, producer, and writer
- 1955C. David Johnson, Canadian actor
- 1958Devon Scott, American actress
- 1985Shannon Brown, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.