November 29: Day of the Week
November 29, 2021 is the 333rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 32 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GCAUOPCFE? Check your answers here: Word scramble GCAUOPCFE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1777San Jose, California, is founded as Pueblo de San José de Guadalupe. It is the first civilian settlement, or pueblo, in Alta California.
- 1830November Uprising: An armed rebellion against Russia’s rule in Poland begins.
- 1847Whitman Massacre: Missionaries Dr. Marcus Whitman, his wife Narcissa, and 15 others are killed by Cayuse and Umatilla Indians, causing the Cayuse War.
- 1850The treaty, Punctation of Olmütz, is signed in Olomouc. Prussia capitulates to Austrian Empire, which took over the leadership of German Confederation.
- 1943The second session of AVNOJ, the Anti-fascist council of national liberation of Yugoslavia, is held in Jajce, Bosnia and Herzegovina, determining the post-war ordering of the country.
- 1944The first surgery (on a human) to correct blue baby syndrome is performed by Alfred Blalock and Vivien Thomas.
- 1947My Trach Massacre: First Indochina War.
- 1947The Partition Plan: the United Nations General Assembly votes to partition Israel.
- 1972Atari announces the release of Pong, the first commercially successful video game.
- 2007The Armed Forces of the Philippines lay siege to The Peninsula Manila after soldiers led by Senator Antonio Trillanes stage a mutiny.
Who were born on November 29?
- 1813Franz von Miklosich, Slovenian linguist (d. 1891)
- 1894Lucille Hegamin, American singer and entertainer (d. 1970)
- 1908Adam Clayton Powell Jr., American civil rights leader and politician (d. 1972)
- 1921Dagmar, American television personality (d. 2001)
- 1946Brian Cadd, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1953Christine Pascal, French actress, director and screenwriter (d. 1996)
- 1967Zbigniew Szewczyk, Polish footballer
- 1972Jamal Mashburn, American basketball player
- 1974Pavol Demitra, Slovak ice hockey player (d. 2011)
- 1978Alessandro Fei, Italian volleyball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.