November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2020 is the 308th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Helen’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1493Christopher Columbus first sights the island of Dominica in the Caribbean Sea.
- 1793French playwright, journalist and feminist Olympe de Gouges is guillotined.
- 1918Poland declares its independence from Russia.
- 1942World War II: The Koli Point action begins during the Guadalcanal Campaign and ends on November 12.
- 1964Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- 1975Syed Nazrul Islam, A. H. M. Qamaruzzaman, Tajuddin Ahmad, and Muhammad Mansur Ali, Bangladeshi politicians and Sheikh Mujibur Rahman loyalists, murdered in the Dhaka Central Jail.
- 1982The Salang tunnel fire in Afghanistan kills up to 2,000 people.
- 1986The Federated States of Micronesia gain independence from the United States of America.
- 1988Sri Lankan Tamil mercenaries try to overthrow the Maldivian government. At President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom’s request, the Indian military suppresses the coup attempt within 24 hours.
- 1996Death of Abdullah Çatlı, leader of the Turkish ultra-nationalist organisation Grey Wolves in the Susurluk car-crash, which leads to the resignation of the Turkish Interior Minister, Mehmet Ağar (a leader of the True Path Party, DYP).
Who were born on November 3?
- 1757Robert Smith, American politician, 2nd Secretary of the Navy and 6th Secretary of State (d. 1842)
- 1919Jesús Blasco, Spanish comic book author (d. 1995)
- 1919Ludovic Kennedy, British broadcaster and political activist (d. 2009)
- 1922Dennis McDermott, Canadian trade unionist (d. 2003)
- 1971Dwight Yorke, Trinidad and Tobago footballer
- 1974Sonali Kulkarni, Indian actress
- 1977Aria Giovanni, American model
- 1982Evgeny Plushenko, Russian figure skater
- 1983Suzane von Richthofen, Brazilian murderess
- 1986Piet Velthuizen, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.