November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2019 is the 307th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1848A greatly revised Dutch constitution, drafted by Johan Rudolf Thorbecke, severely limiting the powers of the Dutch monarchy, and strengthening the powers of parliament and ministers, is proclaimed.
- 1913The United States introduces an income tax.
- 1918The German Revolution of 1918–1919 begins when 40,000 sailors take over the port in Kiel.
- 1935George II of Greece regains his throne through a popular plebiscite.
- 1957Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 2. On board is the first animal to enter orbit, a dog named Laika.
- 1964Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- 1978Dominica gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1979Greensboro massacre: Five members of the Communist Workers Party are shot dead and seven are wounded by a group of Klansmen and neo-Nazis during a “Death to the Klan” rally in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States.
- 1986The Federated States of Micronesia gain independence from the United States of America.
- 1997The United States of America imposes economic sanctions against Sudan in response to its human rights abuses of its own citizens and its material and political assistance to Islamic extremist groups across the Middle East and Eastern Africa.
Who were born on November 3?
- 39Lucan, Roman poet (d. 65)
- 1718John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, English statesman (d. 1792)
- 1896Gustaf Tenggren, Swedish illustrator (d. 1970)
- 1900Adolf Dassler, German sporting goods executive (d. 1978)
- 1948Lulu, British actress and singer
- 1951Dwight Evans, American baseball player
- 1951Ed Murawinski, American cartoonist
- 1953Kate Capshaw, American actress
- 1969Niels van Steenis, Dutch rower
- 1972Marko Koers, Dutch athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.