November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2020 is the 308th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dominick’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1468Liège is sacked by Charles I of Burgundy’s troops.
- 1783John Austin, a highwayman, is the last person to be publicly hanged at London’s Tyburn gallows.
- 1817The Bank of Montreal, Canada’s oldest chartered bank, opens in Montreal, Quebec.
- 1911Chevrolet officially enters the automobile market in competition with the Ford Model T.
- 1913The United States introduces an income tax.
- 1943World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany.
- 1957Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 2. On board is the first animal to enter orbit, a dog named Laika.
- 1967Vietnam War: The Battle of Dak To begins.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: The Lebanese magazine Ash-Shiraa reports that the United States has been secretly selling weapons to Iran in order to secure the release of seven American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon.
- 1996Death of Abdullah Çatlı, leader of the Turkish ultra-nationalist organisation Grey Wolves in the Susurluk car-crash, which leads to the resignation of the Turkish Interior Minister, Mehmet Ağar (a leader of the True Path Party, DYP).
Who were born on November 3?
- 1558Thomas Kyd, English author (d. 1594)
- 1930D. James Kennedy, American theologian (d. 2007)
- 1931Monica Vitti, Italian actress
- 1943Bert Jansch, Scottish folk musician (d. 2011)
- 1946Tom Savini, American actor
- 1957Dolph Lundgren, Swedish actor
- 1965Gert Heerkes, Dutch footballcoach
- 1975Darren Sharper, American football player
- 1981Sten Pentus, Estonian racing driver
- 1984Christian Bakkerud, Danish racing driver (d. 2011)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.