November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2021 is the 307th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ICWZIRIMFYM? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ICWZIRIMFYM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 361Emperor Constantius II dies of a fever at Mopsuestia in Cilicia, on his deathbed he is baptised and declares his cousin Julian rightful successor.
- 1468Liège is sacked by Charles I of Burgundy’s troops.
- 1493Christopher Columbus first sights the island of Dominica in the Caribbean Sea.
- 1783The American Continental Army is disbanded.
- 1848A greatly revised Dutch constitution, drafted by Johan Rudolf Thorbecke, severely limiting the powers of the Dutch monarchy, and strengthening the powers of parliament and ministers, is proclaimed.
- 1867Garibaldi and his followers are defeated in the Battle of Mentana and fail to end the Pope’s Temporal power in Rome (it would be achieved three years later).
- 1911Chevrolet officially enters the automobile market in competition with the Ford Model T.
- 1932Panagis Tsaldaris becomes the 142nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1964Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- 1979Greensboro massacre: Five members of the Communist Workers Party are shot dead and seven are wounded by a group of Klansmen and neo-Nazis during a “Death to the Klan” rally in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1757Robert Smith, American politician, 2nd Secretary of the Navy and 6th Secretary of State (d. 1842)
- 1801Karl Baedeker, German author and publisher (d. 1859)
- 1890Eustáquio van Lieshout, Dutch priest (d. 1943)
- 1924Samuel Ruiz García, Mexican Roman Catholic bishop (d. 2011)
- 1943Bert Jansch, Scottish folk musician (d. 2011)
- 1946Tom Savini, American actor
- 1949Larry Holmes, American boxer
- 1953Dennis Miller, American comedian
- 1963Shigeaki Hattori, Japanese racing driver
- 1965Gert Heerkes, Dutch footballcoach
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.