November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2021 is the 307th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dillon’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 361Emperor Constantius II dies of a fever at Mopsuestia in Cilicia, on his deathbed he is baptised and declares his cousin Julian rightful successor.
- 644Umar ibn al-Khattab, the second Muslim caliph, is assassinated by a Persian slave in Medina.
- 1783John Austin, a highwayman, is the last person to be publicly hanged at London’s Tyburn gallows.
- 1867Garibaldi and his followers are defeated in the Battle of Mentana and fail to end the Pope’s Temporal power in Rome (it would be achieved three years later).
- 1918Austria-Hungary enters into an armistice with the Allies, and the Habsburg-ruled empire dissolves.
- 1943World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany.
- 1973Mariner program: NASA launches the Mariner 10 toward Mercury. On March 29, 1974, it becomes the first space probe to reach that planet.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: The Lebanese magazine Ash-Shiraa reports that the United States has been secretly selling weapons to Iran in order to secure the release of seven American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon.
- 1988Sri Lankan Tamil mercenaries try to overthrow the Maldivian government. At President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom’s request, the Indian military suppresses the coup attempt within 24 hours.
- 1997The United States of America imposes economic sanctions against Sudan in response to its human rights abuses of its own citizens and its material and political assistance to Islamic extremist groups across the Middle East and Eastern Africa.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1604Osman II, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1622)
- 1801Karl Baedeker, German author and publisher (d. 1859)
- 1945Ken Holtzman, American baseball player and manager
- 1946Tom Savini, American actor
- 1948Helmuth Koinigg, Austrian racing driver (d. 1974)
- 1952Jim Cummings, American voice actor
- 1956Kevin Murphy, American actor and puppeteer
- 1965Jenny Packham, English fashion designer
- 1969Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian
- 1976Guillermo Franco, Argentine/Mexican footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.