November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2021 is the 307th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IWVMAOJD? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IWVMAOJD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1783John Austin, a highwayman, is the last person to be publicly hanged at London’s Tyburn gallows.
- 1898France withdraws its troops from Fashoda (now in Sudan), ending the Fashoda Incident.
- 1911Chevrolet officially enters the automobile market in competition with the Ford Model T.
- 1913The United States introduces an income tax.
- 1930Getúlio Dornelles Vargas becomes Head of the Provisional Government in Brazil after a bloodless coup on October 24.
- 1942World War II: The Koli Point action begins during the Guadalcanal Campaign and ends on November 12.
- 1944World War II: Two supreme commanders of the Slovak National Uprising, Generals Ján Golian and Rudolf Viest are captured, tortured and later executed by German forces.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: The Lebanese magazine Ash-Shiraa reports that the United States has been secretly selling weapons to Iran in order to secure the release of seven American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon.
- 1986The Federated States of Micronesia gain independence from the United States of America.
- 1988Sri Lankan Tamil mercenaries try to overthrow the Maldivian government. At President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom’s request, the Indian military suppresses the coup attempt within 24 hours.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1560Annibale Carracci, Italian painter (d. 1609)
- 1816Calvin Fairbank, American abolitionist minister (d. 1898)
- 1845Edward Douglass White, 9th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1921)
- 1877Carlos Ibáñez del Campo, Chilean president. (d. 1960)
- 1901Léopold III of Belgium (d. 1983)
- 1928Osamu Tezuka, Japanese manga artist (d. 1989)
- 1933Jeremy Brett, English actor (d. 1995)
- 1936Roy Emerson, Australian tennis player
- 1967Steven Wilson, English musician (Porcupine Tree)
- 1986Piet Velthuizen, Dutch footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.