November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2018 was the 307th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1848A greatly revised Dutch constitution, drafted by Johan Rudolf Thorbecke, severely limiting the powers of the Dutch monarchy, and strengthening the powers of parliament and ministers, is proclaimed.
- 1898France withdraws its troops from Fashoda (now in Sudan), ending the Fashoda Incident.
- 1911Chevrolet officially enters the automobile market in competition with the Ford Model T.
- 1930Getúlio Dornelles Vargas becomes Head of the Provisional Government in Brazil after a bloodless coup on October 24.
- 1932Panagis Tsaldaris becomes the 142nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1935George II of Greece regains his throne through a popular plebiscite.
- 1964Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- 1978Dominica gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: The Lebanese magazine Ash-Shiraa reports that the United States has been secretly selling weapons to Iran in order to secure the release of seven American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon.
- 1988Sri Lankan Tamil mercenaries try to overthrow the Maldivian government. At President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom’s request, the Indian military suppresses the coup attempt within 24 hours.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1558Thomas Kyd, English author (d. 1594)
- 1794William Cullen Bryant, American poet and journalist (d. 1878)
- 1845Edward Douglass White, 9th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1921)
- 1895Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia (d. 1918)
- 1948Rick Kreuger, American baseball player
- 1953Kate Capshaw, American actress
- 1962David J. Schiappa, American politician
- 1969Robert Miles, Swiss record producer and musician
- 1974Tariq Abdul-Wahad, French basketball player
- 1979Beau McDonald, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.