November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2020 is the 308th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eliza’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 644Umar ibn al-Khattab, the second Muslim caliph, is assassinated by a Persian slave in Medina.
- 1493Christopher Columbus first sights the island of Dominica in the Caribbean Sea.
- 1838The Times of India, the world’s largest circulated English language daily broadsheet newspaper is founded as The Bombay Times and Journal of Commerce.
- 1898France withdraws its troops from Fashoda (now in Sudan), ending the Fashoda Incident.
- 1913The United States introduces an income tax.
- 1918Austria-Hungary enters into an armistice with the Allies, and the Habsburg-ruled empire dissolves.
- 1943World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany.
- 1944World War II: Two supreme commanders of the Slovak National Uprising, Generals Ján Golian and Rudolf Viest are captured, tortured and later executed by German forces.
- 1969Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon addresses the nation on television and radio, asking the “silent majority” to join him in solidarity on the Vietnam War effort and to support his policies.
- 1979Greensboro massacre: Five members of the Communist Workers Party are shot dead and seven are wounded by a group of Klansmen and neo-Nazis during a “Death to the Klan” rally in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1749Daniel Rutherford, Scottish chemist and physician (d. 1819)
- 1887Samuil Marshak, Russian writer and children’s poet (d. 1964)
- 1918Russell B. Long, American politician (d. 2003)
- 1930Frits Staal, Dutch philosopher and scholar
- 1951Dwight Evans, American baseball player
- 1962David J. Schiappa, American politician
- 1964Paprika Steen, Danish actress
- 1969Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian
- 1976Tōko Aoyama, Japanese voice actress
- 1989Paula DeAnda, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.