November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2020 is the 308th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FOFZOO? Check your answers here: Word search FOFZOO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1783John Austin, a highwayman, is the last person to be publicly hanged at London’s Tyburn gallows.
- 1913The United States introduces an income tax.
- 1918The German Revolution of 1918–1919 begins when 40,000 sailors take over the port in Kiel.
- 1932Panagis Tsaldaris becomes the 142nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- 1943World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany.
- 1944World War II: Two supreme commanders of the Slovak National Uprising, Generals Ján Golian and Rudolf Viest are captured, tortured and later executed by German forces.
- 1978Dominica gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1979Greensboro massacre: Five members of the Communist Workers Party are shot dead and seven are wounded by a group of Klansmen and neo-Nazis during a “Death to the Klan” rally in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States.
- 1986The Federated States of Micronesia gain independence from the United States of America.
- 1997The United States of America imposes economic sanctions against Sudan in response to its human rights abuses of its own citizens and its material and political assistance to Islamic extremist groups across the Middle East and Eastern Africa.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1862Henry George, Jr., American politician (d. 1916)
- 1887Samuil Marshak, Russian writer and children’s poet (d. 1964)
- 1930Brian Robinson, British cyclist
- 1933Amartya Sen, Indian economist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1945Ken Holtzman, American baseball player and manager
- 1948Rick Kreuger, American baseball player
- 1959Hal Hartley, American film director and writer
- 1977Aria Giovanni, American model
- 1979Beau McDonald, Australian rules footballer
- 1987Ariane Andrew, American professional wrestler, manager and ring announcer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.