November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2019 is the 307th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 644Umar ibn al-Khattab, the second Muslim caliph, is assassinated by a Persian slave in Medina.
- 1333The River Arno flooding causing massive damage in Florence as recorded by the Florentine chronicler Giovanni Villani.
- 1838The Times of India, the world’s largest circulated English language daily broadsheet newspaper is founded as The Bombay Times and Journal of Commerce.
- 1913The United States introduces an income tax.
- 1964Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- 1969Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon addresses the nation on television and radio, asking the “silent majority” to join him in solidarity on the Vietnam War effort and to support his policies.
- 1973Mariner program: NASA launches the Mariner 10 toward Mercury. On March 29, 1974, it becomes the first space probe to reach that planet.
- 1979Greensboro massacre: Five members of the Communist Workers Party are shot dead and seven are wounded by a group of Klansmen and neo-Nazis during a “Death to the Klan” rally in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States.
- 1986Iran-Contra Affair: The Lebanese magazine Ash-Shiraa reports that the United States has been secretly selling weapons to Iran in order to secure the release of seven American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon.
- 1986The Federated States of Micronesia gain independence from the United States of America.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1816Jubal Early, American Confederate general (d. 1894)
- 1923Yamaguchi Hitomi, Japanese novelist and essayst (d. 1995)
- 1933Amartya Sen, Indian economist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1952Jim Cummings, American voice actor
- 1953Kate Capshaw, American actress
- 1956Kevin Murphy, American actor and puppeteer
- 1973Ben Fogle, TV personality, writer and broadcaster
- 1978Julia Taylor, European pornographic actress
- 1986Paul Derbyshire, Italian rugby player
- 1990Ellyse Perry, Australian footballer and cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.