November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2019 is the 307th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Emmett’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1333The River Arno flooding causing massive damage in Florence as recorded by the Florentine chronicler Giovanni Villani.
- 1817The Bank of Montreal, Canada’s oldest chartered bank, opens in Montreal, Quebec.
- 1898France withdraws its troops from Fashoda (now in Sudan), ending the Fashoda Incident.
- 1918The German Revolution of 1918–1919 begins when 40,000 sailors take over the port in Kiel.
- 1935George II of Greece regains his throne through a popular plebiscite.
- 1944World War II: Two supreme commanders of the Slovak National Uprising, Generals Ján Golian and Rudolf Viest are captured, tortured and later executed by German forces.
- 1957Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 2. On board is the first animal to enter orbit, a dog named Laika.
- 1964Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- 1969Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon addresses the nation on television and radio, asking the “silent majority” to join him in solidarity on the Vietnam War effort and to support his policies.
- 1973Mariner program: NASA launches the Mariner 10 toward Mercury. On March 29, 1974, it becomes the first space probe to reach that planet.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1918Bob Feller, American baseball player (d. 2010)
- 1930Frits Staal, Dutch philosopher and scholar
- 1936Roy Emerson, Australian tennis player
- 1943Bert Jansch, Scottish folk musician (d. 2011)
- 1945Gerd Müller, German footballer
- 1950Joe Queenan, American writer
- 1951Ed Murawinski, American cartoonist
- 1969Robert Miles, Swiss record producer and musician
- 1979Beau McDonald, Australian rules footballer
- 1989Paula DeAnda, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.