November 3: Day of the Week
November 3, 2019 was the 307th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 58 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Miles’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 3 Historical Event(s)
- 361Emperor Constantius II dies of a fever at Mopsuestia in Cilicia, on his deathbed he is baptised and declares his cousin Julian rightful successor.
- 1838The Times of India, the world’s largest circulated English language daily broadsheet newspaper is founded as The Bombay Times and Journal of Commerce.
- 1848A greatly revised Dutch constitution, drafted by Johan Rudolf Thorbecke, severely limiting the powers of the Dutch monarchy, and strengthening the powers of parliament and ministers, is proclaimed.
- 1898France withdraws its troops from Fashoda (now in Sudan), ending the Fashoda Incident.
- 1913The United States introduces an income tax.
- 1918Austria-Hungary enters into an armistice with the Allies, and the Habsburg-ruled empire dissolves.
- 1942World War II: The Koli Point action begins during the Guadalcanal Campaign and ends on November 12.
- 1943World War II: 500 aircraft of the U.S. 8th Air Force devastate Wilhelmshafen harbor in Germany.
- 1964Washington D.C. residents are able to vote in a presidential election for the first time.
- 1969Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon addresses the nation on television and radio, asking the “silent majority” to join him in solidarity on the Vietnam War effort and to support his policies.
Who were born on November 3?
- 1877Carlos Ibáñez del Campo, Chilean president. (d. 1960)
- 1911Kick Smit, Dutch footballer (d. 1974)
- 1918Dean Riesner, American film and television writer (d. 2002)
- 1931Yon Hyong-muk, North Korean politician (d. 2005)
- 1943Bert Jansch, Scottish folk musician (d. 2011)
- 1950Massimo Mongai, Italian writer
- 1951André Wetzel, Dutch footballer, manager and technical director
- 1953Kate Capshaw, American actress
- 1962Jacqui Smith, British politician
- 1984Christian Bakkerud, Danish racing driver (d. 2011)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.