November 4: Day of the Week
November 4, 2020 is the 309th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Charlene’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1576Eighty Years’ War: In Flanders, Spain captures Antwerp (after three days the city is nearly destroyed).
- 1677The future Mary II of England marries William, Prince of Orange. They would later jointly reign as William and Mary.
- 1847Sir James Young Simpson, a British physician, discovers the anaesthetic properties of chloroform.
- 1852Count Camillo Benso di Cavour becomes the prime minister of Piedmont-Sardinia, which soon expands to become Italy.
- 1890City & South London Railway: London’s first deep-level tube railway opens between King William Street and Stockwell.
- 1956Soviet troops enter Hungary to end the Hungarian revolution against the Soviet Union, that started on October 23. Thousands are killed, more are wounded, and nearly a quarter million leave the country.
- 1960At the Kasakela Chimpanzee Community in Tanzania, Dr. Jane Goodall observes chimpanzees creating tools, the first-ever observation in non-human animals.
- 1966The Arno River flooded Florence, Italy, to a maximum depth of 6.7 m, leaving thousands homeless and destroying millions of masterpieces of art and rare books.
- 1970Genie, a 13-year-old feral child is found in Los Angeles, California having been locked in her bedroom for most of her life.
- 1994San Francisco: First conference that focuses exclusively on the subject of the commercial potential of the World Wide Web.
Who were born on November 4?
- 1765Pierre-Simon Girard, French mathematician (d. 1836)
- 1899Nicolas Frantz, Luxembourgish cyclist (d. 1985)
- 1929Shaike Ophir, Israeli actor (d. 1987)
- 1931Bernard Cardinal Law, Archbishop Emeritus of Boston,
- 1932Thomas Klestil, former President of Austria (d. 2004)
- 1953Richie Green, Canadian actor
- 1960Kathy Griffin, American comedian
- 1975Éric Fichaud, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1977Tonicha Jeronimo, British actress
- 1986Adrian Zaugg, South African racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.