November 5: Day of the Week
November 5, 2020 is the 310th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 56 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aaron’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1811Salvadoran priest José Matías Delgado, rang the bells of La Merced church in San Salvador, calling for insurrection and launching the 1811 Independence Movement
- 1862American Civil War: Abraham Lincoln removes George B. McClellan as commander of the Union Army for the second and final time.
- 1862Indian Wars: In Minnesota, 303 Dakota warriors are found guilty of rape and murder of whites and are sentenced to hang. 38 are ultimately executed and the others reprieved.
- 1911After declaring war on the Ottoman Empire on September 29, 1911, Italy annexes Tripoli and Cyrenaica.
- 1917St. Tikhon of Moscow is elected the Patriarch of Moscow and of the Russian Orthodox Church.
- 1943Bombing of the Vatican.
- 1983Byford Dolphin diving bell accident kills five and leaves one severely injured.
- 1986USS Rentz, USS Reeves and USS Oldendorf visit Qingdao (Tsing Tao) China – the first US Naval visit to China since 1949.
- 2007China’s first lunar satellite, Chang'e 1 goes into orbit around the Moon.
- 2009US Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan kills 13 and wounds 29 at Fort Hood, Texas in the deadliest mass shooting at a US military installation.
Who were born on November 5?
- 1855Eugene V. Debs, American socialist leader (d. 1926)
- 1928Donald Madden, American theatre, television, and film actor (d. 1983)
- 1935Lester Piggott, British jockey
- 1939Lobsang Tenzin, the 5th Samdhong Rinpoche, Kalon Tripa (Prime Minister) of the Tibetan Government-in-exile
- 1943Sam Shepard, American playwright and actor
- 1948Bernard-Henri Lévy, French public intellectual
- 1955Kris Jenner, American television personality, socialite, and businesswoman
- 1963Tatum O'Neal, American actress
- 1965Kubrat, Prince of Panagiurishte of Bulgaria
- 1967Judy Reyes, Dominican American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.