November 5: Day of the Week
November 5, 2020 is the 310th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 56 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1605The arrest of Guy Fawkes, found during a search of the Palace of Westminster, foils Robert Catesby’s plot to destroy the House of Lords and all within it.
- 1688The Glorious Revolution begins: William of Orange lands at Brixham.
- 1757Seven Years’ War: Frederick the Great defeats the allied armies of France and the Holy Roman Empire at the Battle of Rossbach.
- 1811Salvadoran priest José Matías Delgado, rang the bells of La Merced church in San Salvador, calling for insurrection and launching the 1811 Independence Movement
- 1831Nat Turner, American slave leader, is tried, convicted, and sentenced to death in Virginia.
- 1895George B. Selden is granted the first U.S. patent for an automobile.
- 1916The Kingdom of Poland is proclaimed by the Act of November 5th of the emperors of Germany and Austria-Hungary.
- 1925Secret agent Sidney Reilly, the first “super-spy” of the 20th century, is executed by the OGPU, the secret police of the Soviet Union.
- 1950Korean War: British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade successfully halted the advancing Chinese 117th Division during the Battle of Pakchon.
- 1995André Dallaire attempts to assassinate Prime Minister Jean Chrétien of Canada. He is thwarted when the Prime Minister’s wife locks the door.
Who were born on November 5?
- 1854Alphonse Desjardins, Canadian journalist and banking executive (d. 1920)
- 1854Paul Sabatier, French chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1941)
- 1881George A. Malcolm, American jurist & educator (d. 1961)
- 1890Jan Zrzavý, Czech painter (d. 1977)
- 1922Cecil Underwood, American politician (d. 2008)
- 1938Jim Steranko, American graphic artist
- 1947Peter Noone, English musician (Herman’s Hermits)
- 1952Oleg Blokhin, Ukrainian footballer
- 1964Helga van Niekerk, South African radio presenter
- 1968Sam Rockwell, American film actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.