November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2022 is the 310th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VWEAMUKARI? Check your answers here: Word search VWEAMUKARI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 355Roman Emperor Constantius II promotes his cousin Julian to the rank of Caesar, entrusting him with the government of the Prefecture of the Gauls.
- 1528Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes the first known European to set foot in Texas.
- 1789Pope Pius VI appoints Father John Carroll as the first Catholic bishop in the United States.
- 1856Scenes of Clerical Life, the first work of fiction by the author later known as George Eliot, is submitted for publication.
- 1913Mohandas Gandhi is arrested while leading a march of Indian miners in South Africa.
- 1977The Kelly Barnes Dam, located above Toccoa Falls Bible College near Toccoa, Georgia, fails, killing 39.
- 1985In Colombia, leftist guerrillas of the 19th of April Movement seize control of the Palace of Justice in Bogotá, eventually killing 115 people, 11 of them Supreme Court justices.
- 1986Sumburgh disaster – A British International Helicopters Boeing 234LR Chinook crashes 2.5 miles east of Sumburgh Airport killing 45 people. It is the deadliest civilian helicopter crash on record.
- 2004An express train collides with a stationary car near the village of Ufton Nervet, England, killing 7 and injuring 150.
- 2011Pedro Gonçalves survives an acute type A aortic dissection
Who were born on November 6?
- 1937Garry Gross, American photographer (d. 2010)
- 1939Leonardo Quisumbing, Filipino Supreme Court jurist
- 1939Michael Schwerner, American civil rights activist (d. 1964)
- 1940Johnny Giles, Irish footballer
- 1940Ruth Messinger, American political activist
- 1948Sidney Blumenthal, American journalist and political figure
- 1964Arne Duncan, American political figure
- 1981Andrew Murray, Canadian hockey player
- 1985Ettore Marchi, Italian footballer
- 1997Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.