November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2019 is the 310th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kristi’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 355Roman Emperor Constantius II promotes his cousin Julian to the rank of Caesar, entrusting him with the government of the Prefecture of the Gauls.
- 1865American Civil War: CSS Shenandoah is the last Confederate combat unit to surrender after circumnavigating the globe on a cruise on which it sank or captured 37 vessels.
- 1869In New Brunswick, New Jersey, Rutgers College defeats Princeton University (then known as the College of New Jersey), 6-4, in the first official intercollegiate American football game.
- 1934Memphis, Tennessee becomes the first major city to join the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- 1935First flight of the Hawker Hurricane.
- 1935Parker Brothers acquires the forerunner patents for MONOPOLY from Elizabeth Magie.
- 1948Deputy commander-in-chief of the Eastern China Field Army General Su Yu launched a massive offensive toward Xuzhou, defended by seven different armies under the Suppression General Headquarter of Xuzhou Garrison, the Huaihai Campaign, the largest operational campaign of the Chinese Civil War begins.
- 1963Vietnam War: Following the November 1 coup and execution of President Ngo Dinh Diem, coup leader General Duong Van Minh takes over leadership of South Vietnam.
- 1965Cuba and the United States formally agree to begin an airlift for Cubans who want to go to the United States. By 1971, 250,000 Cubans made use of this program.
- 1985In Colombia, leftist guerrillas of the 19th of April Movement seize control of the Palace of Justice in Bogotá, eventually killing 115 people, 11 of them Supreme Court justices.
Who were born on November 6?
- 1903June Marlowe, American actress (d. 1984)
- 1938Branko Mikasinovich, Serbian Slavist and journalist
- 1946Sally Field, American actress
- 1949Arturo Sandoval, Cuban trumpeter
- 1950Amir Aczel, Israeli mathematics historian
- 1955Alton Coleman, American serial killer (d. 2002)
- 1961Kazuhiko Aoki, Japanese game creator
- 1974Frank Vandenbroucke, Belgian cyclist (d. 2009)
- 1974Zoe McLellan, American actress
- 1988Erik Lund, Swedish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.