November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2020 is the 311st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RQPIORORGR? Check your answers here: Word finder RQPIORORGR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1528Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes the first known European to set foot in Texas.
- 1844The first constitution of the Dominican Republic is adopted.
- 1856Scenes of Clerical Life, the first work of fiction by the author later known as George Eliot, is submitted for publication.
- 1918The Second Polish Republic is proclaimed in Poland.
- 1934Memphis, Tennessee becomes the first major city to join the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- 1935Edwin Armstrong presents his paper “A Method of Reducing Disturbances in Radio Signaling by a System of Frequency Modulation” to the New York section of the Institute of Radio Engineers.
- 1943World War II: the Soviet Red Army recaptures Kiev. Before withdrawing, the Germans destroy most of the city’s ancient buildings.
- 1944Plutonium is first produced at the Hanford Atomic Facility and subsequently used in the Fat Man atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan.
- 1948Deputy commander-in-chief of the Eastern China Field Army General Su Yu launched a massive offensive toward Xuzhou, defended by seven different armies under the Suppression General Headquarter of Xuzhou Garrison, the Huaihai Campaign, the largest operational campaign of the Chinese Civil War begins.
- 2011Pedro Gonçalves survives an acute type A aortic dissection
Who were born on November 6?
- 1494Suleiman the Magnificent, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1566)
- 1841Nelson W. Aldrich, American politician (d. 1915)
- 1854John Philip Sousa, American composer (d. 1932)
- 1893Edsel Ford, American automotive executive (d. 1943)
- 1937Joe Warfield, American actor
- 1939Michael Schwerner, American civil rights activist (d. 1964)
- 1948Glenn Frey, American singer (Eagles)
- 1966Peter DeLuise, American actor and director
- 1978Daniella Cicarelli, Brazilian model and television host
- 1989Jozy Altidore, American soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.