November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2023 is the 310th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KRZVPUKITKAEU? Check your answers here: Words with these letters KRZVPUKITKAEU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Thirty years war: Battle of Lützen is fought, the Swedes are victorious but the King of Sweden, Gustavus Adolphus dies in the battle.
- 1844The first constitution of the Dominican Republic is adopted.
- 1861American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is elected president of the Confederate States of America.
- 1917World War I: Third Battle of Ypres ends: After three months of fierce fighting, Canadian forces take Passchendaele in Belgium.
- 1935First flight of the Hawker Hurricane.
- 1935Parker Brothers acquires the forerunner patents for MONOPOLY from Elizabeth Magie.
- 1944Plutonium is first produced at the Hanford Atomic Facility and subsequently used in the Fat Man atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan.
- 1947Meet the Press makes its television debut (the show went to a weekly schedule on September 12, 1948).
- 1977The Kelly Barnes Dam, located above Toccoa Falls Bible College near Toccoa, Georgia, fails, killing 39.
- 1999Australians vote to keep the Head of the Commonwealth as their head of state in the Australian republic referendum.
Who were born on November 6?
- 1550Queen Karin Månsdotter of Sweden (d. 1612)
- 1880Chris van Abkoude, Dutch-born American writer and novelist (d. 1959)
- 1947George Young, Australian musician (Easybeats)
- 1948Sidney Blumenthal, American journalist and political figure
- 1951John Falsey, American television writer and producer
- 1951Peter Althin, Swedish politician and attorney
- 1952Michael Cunningham, American writer
- 1953Frank Hanisch, German footballer
- 1976Jodi Martin, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1978Sandrine Blancke, Belgian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.