November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2021 is the 310th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OSASSUOI? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OSASSUOI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Thirty years war: Battle of Lützen is fought, the Swedes are victorious but the King of Sweden, Gustavus Adolphus dies in the battle.
- 1844The first constitution of the Dominican Republic is adopted.
- 1865American Civil War: CSS Shenandoah is the last Confederate combat unit to surrender after circumnavigating the globe on a cruise on which it sank or captured 37 vessels.
- 1918The Second Polish Republic is proclaimed in Poland.
- 1939World War II: Sonderaktion Krakau takes place.
- 1941World War II: Soviet leader Joseph Stalin addresses the Soviet Union for only the second time during his three-decade rule. He states that even though 350,000 troops were killed in German attacks so far, the Germans had lost 4.5 million soldiers and that Soviet victory was near.
- 1963Vietnam War: Following the November 1 coup and execution of President Ngo Dinh Diem, coup leader General Duong Van Minh takes over leadership of South Vietnam.
- 1971The United States Atomic Energy Commission tests the largest U.S. underground hydrogen bomb, code-named Cannikin, on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians.
- 1975Green March begins: 300,000 unarmed Moroccans converge on the southern city of Tarfaya and wait for a signal from King Hassan II of Morocco to cross into Western Sahara.
- 1977The Kelly Barnes Dam, located above Toccoa Falls Bible College near Toccoa, Georgia, fails, killing 39.
Who were born on November 6?
- 1914Jonathan Harris, American actor (d. 2002)
- 1925Michel Bouquet, Franch actor
- 1937Garry Gross, American photographer (d. 2010)
- 1937Marco Vassi, American writer (d. 1989)
- 1940Johnny Giles, Irish footballer
- 1946Sally Field, American actress
- 1951Peter Althin, Swedish politician and attorney
- 1957Cam Clarke, American voice actor
- 1968Jerry Yang, American internet entrepreneur
- 1976Catherine Clark, Canadian journalist; daughter of Joe Clark
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.