November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2021 is the 310th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RDALWNIOEZQ? Check your answers here: Word finder RDALWNIOEZQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 355Roman Emperor Constantius II promotes his cousin Julian to the rank of Caesar, entrusting him with the government of the Prefecture of the Gauls.
- 1789Pope Pius VI appoints Father John Carroll as the first Catholic bishop in the United States.
- 1856Scenes of Clerical Life, the first work of fiction by the author later known as George Eliot, is submitted for publication.
- 1934Memphis, Tennessee becomes the first major city to join the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- 1935Edwin Armstrong presents his paper “A Method of Reducing Disturbances in Radio Signaling by a System of Frequency Modulation” to the New York section of the Institute of Radio Engineers.
- 1935Parker Brothers acquires the forerunner patents for MONOPOLY from Elizabeth Magie.
- 1947Meet the Press makes its television debut (the show went to a weekly schedule on September 12, 1948).
- 1948Deputy commander-in-chief of the Eastern China Field Army General Su Yu launched a massive offensive toward Xuzhou, defended by seven different armies under the Suppression General Headquarter of Xuzhou Garrison, the Huaihai Campaign, the largest operational campaign of the Chinese Civil War begins.
- 1999Australians vote to keep the Head of the Commonwealth as their head of state in the Australian republic referendum.
- 2011Pedro Gonçalves survives an acute type A aortic dissection
Who were born on November 6?
- 1841Nelson W. Aldrich, American politician (d. 1915)
- 1880Chris van Abkoude, Dutch-born American writer and novelist (d. 1959)
- 1921James Jones, American novelist (d. 1977)
- 1930Tom Hornbein, American mountaineer
- 1952Michael Cunningham, American writer
- 1953Frank Hanisch, German footballer
- 1961Florent Pagny, French songwriter and singer
- 1963Rozz Williams, American musician (Christian Death) (d. 1998)
- 1985Ettore Marchi, Italian footballer
- 1987Ana Ivanović, Serbian tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.