November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2019 is the 310th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1789Pope Pius VI appoints Father John Carroll as the first Catholic bishop in the United States.
- 1917World War I: Third Battle of Ypres ends: After three months of fierce fighting, Canadian forces take Passchendaele in Belgium.
- 1935Edwin Armstrong presents his paper “A Method of Reducing Disturbances in Radio Signaling by a System of Frequency Modulation” to the New York section of the Institute of Radio Engineers.
- 1935First flight of the Hawker Hurricane.
- 1935Parker Brothers acquires the forerunner patents for MONOPOLY from Elizabeth Magie.
- 1944Plutonium is first produced at the Hanford Atomic Facility and subsequently used in the Fat Man atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan.
- 1947Meet the Press makes its television debut (the show went to a weekly schedule on September 12, 1948).
- 1963Vietnam War: Following the November 1 coup and execution of President Ngo Dinh Diem, coup leader General Duong Van Minh takes over leadership of South Vietnam.
- 2004An express train collides with a stationary car near the village of Ufton Nervet, England, killing 7 and injuring 150.
- 2005The Evansville Tornado of November 2005 kills 25 in Northwestern Kentucky and Southwestern Indiana.
Who were born on November 6?
- 1753Jean-Baptiste Breval, French composer (d. 1823)
- 1855E.S. Gosney, American philanthropist and eugenicist (d. 1942)
- 1921James Jones, American novelist (d. 1977)
- 1925Michel Bouquet, Franch actor
- 1947E. Lee Spence, pioneer underwater archaeologist
- 1947Edward Yang, Taiwanese film director (d. 2007)
- 1947Jim Rosenthal, English sports presenter
- 1951John Falsey, American television writer and producer
- 1965René Unglaube, German footballer
- 1988Erik Lund, Swedish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.