November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2020 is the 311st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jacob’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Thirty years war: Battle of Lützen is fought, the Swedes are victorious but the King of Sweden, Gustavus Adolphus dies in the battle.
- 1856Scenes of Clerical Life, the first work of fiction by the author later known as George Eliot, is submitted for publication.
- 1869In New Brunswick, New Jersey, Rutgers College defeats Princeton University (then known as the College of New Jersey), 6-4, in the first official intercollegiate American football game.
- 1935Parker Brothers acquires the forerunner patents for MONOPOLY from Elizabeth Magie.
- 1943World War II: the Soviet Red Army recaptures Kiev. Before withdrawing, the Germans destroy most of the city’s ancient buildings.
- 1948Deputy commander-in-chief of the Eastern China Field Army General Su Yu launched a massive offensive toward Xuzhou, defended by seven different armies under the Suppression General Headquarter of Xuzhou Garrison, the Huaihai Campaign, the largest operational campaign of the Chinese Civil War begins.
- 1962Apartheid: The United Nations General Assembly passes a resolution condemning South Africa’s racist apartheid policies and calls for all UN member states to cease military and economic relations with the nation.
- 1975Green March begins: 300,000 unarmed Moroccans converge on the southern city of Tarfaya and wait for a signal from King Hassan II of Morocco to cross into Western Sahara.
- 1977The Kelly Barnes Dam, located above Toccoa Falls Bible College near Toccoa, Georgia, fails, killing 39.
- 2005The Evansville Tornado of November 2005 kills 25 in Northwestern Kentucky and Southwestern Indiana.
Who were born on November 6?
- 1550Queen Karin Månsdotter of Sweden (d. 1612)
- 1921James Jones, American novelist (d. 1977)
- 1938Diana E. H. Russell, South African feminist writer and activist
- 1938Jim Pike, American singer (The Lettermen)
- 1964Greg Graffin, American singer (Bad Religion)
- 1966Paul Gilbert, American guitarist and singer
- 1972Adonis Georgiades, Greek politician, publisher and author
- 1978Jolina Magdangal, Filipina singer, actress and television host
- 1982Sowelu, Japanese pop singer
- 1988Erik Lund, Swedish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.