November 6: Day of the Week
November 6, 2020 is the 311st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lindsay’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 6 Historical Event(s)
- 355Roman Emperor Constantius II promotes his cousin Julian to the rank of Caesar, entrusting him with the government of the Prefecture of the Gauls.
- 1632Thirty years war: Battle of Lützen is fought, the Swedes are victorious but the King of Sweden, Gustavus Adolphus dies in the battle.
- 1856Scenes of Clerical Life, the first work of fiction by the author later known as George Eliot, is submitted for publication.
- 1861American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is elected president of the Confederate States of America.
- 1869In New Brunswick, New Jersey, Rutgers College defeats Princeton University (then known as the College of New Jersey), 6-4, in the first official intercollegiate American football game.
- 1934Memphis, Tennessee becomes the first major city to join the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- 1941World War II: Soviet leader Joseph Stalin addresses the Soviet Union for only the second time during his three-decade rule. He states that even though 350,000 troops were killed in German attacks so far, the Germans had lost 4.5 million soldiers and that Soviet victory was near.
- 1986Sumburgh disaster – A British International Helicopters Boeing 234LR Chinook crashes 2.5 miles east of Sumburgh Airport killing 45 people. It is the deadliest civilian helicopter crash on record.
- 2005The Evansville Tornado of November 2005 kills 25 in Northwestern Kentucky and Southwestern Indiana.
- 2011Pedro Gonçalves survives an acute type A aortic dissection
Who were born on November 6?
- 1860Ignacy Jan Paderewski, Polish pianist, composer, and statesman (d. 1941)
- 1882Thomas H. Ince, American movie actor, director, producer (d. 1924)
- 1892George Mountbatten, 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven (d. 1938)
- 1951John Falsey, American television writer and producer
- 1952Michael Cunningham, American writer
- 1966Paul Gilbert, American guitarist and singer
- 1971Clonie Gowen, American poker player
- 1976Jodi Martin, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1979Myolie Wu, Hong Kong actress
- 1983Janette McBride, Australian-born Filipino actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.