November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2021 is the 311th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sonia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 335Athanasius is banished to Trier, on charge that he prevented a grain fleet from sailing to Constantinople.
- 1492The Ensisheim Meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, strikes the earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace, France.
- 1874A cartoon by Thomas Nast in Harper’s Weekly, is considered the first important use of an elephant as a symbol for the United States Republican Party.
- 1908Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are reportedly killed in San Vicente, Bolivia.
- 1912The Deutsche Opernhaus (now Deutsche Oper Berlin) opens in the Berlin neighborhood of Charlottenburg, with a production of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- 1918The 1918 influenza epidemic spreads to Western Samoa, killing 7,542 (about 20% of the population) by the end of the year.
- 1921The Partito Nazionale Fascista (PNF), National Fascist Party, comes into existence.
- 1963Wunder von Lengede: In Germany, eleven miners are rescued from a collapsed mine after 14 days.
- 1989David Dinkins becomes the first African American to be elected mayor of New York City.
- 2007Jokela school shooting in Tuusula, Finland, resulting in the death of nine people.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1903Ary Barroso, Brazilian songwriter (d. 1964)
- 1903Konrad Lorenz, Austrian zoologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1989)
- 1954Guy Gavriel Kay, Canadian writer
- 1957Christopher Knight, American actor
- 1957Tony Schiavone, American wrestling announcer
- 1970Andy Houston, American NASCAR driver
- 1970Marc Rosset, Swiss tennis player
- 1976Mark Philippoussis, Australian tennis player
- 1976Melyssa Ford, Canadian model and actress
- 1984Jonathan Bornstein, American soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.