November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2020 was the 312nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RAQWECGGIT? Check your answers here: Word solver RAQWECGGIT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1900Battle of Leliefontein, a battle during which the Royal Canadian Dragoons win three Victoria Crosses.
- 1912The Deutsche Opernhaus (now Deutsche Oper Berlin) opens in the Berlin neighborhood of Charlottenburg, with a production of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- 1918The 1918 influenza epidemic spreads to Western Samoa, killing 7,542 (about 20% of the population) by the end of the year.
- 1931The Chinese Soviet Republic is proclaimed on the anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution.
- 1940In Tacoma, Washington, the original Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapses in a windstorm, a mere four months after the bridge’s completion.
- 1941World War II: Soviet hospital ship Armenia is sunk by German planes while evacuating refugees and wounded military and staff of several Crimean hospitals. It is estimated that over 5,000 people died in the sinking.
- 1944Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- 1989Douglas Wilder wins the governor’s seat in Virginia, becoming the first elected African American governor in the United States.
- 1989East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph, along with his entire cabinet, is forced to resign after huge anti-government protests.
- 2001SABENA, the national airline of Belgium, goes bankrupt
Who were born on November 7?
- 1728Captain James Cook, British naval officer, explorer, and cartographer (d. 1779)
- 1878Lise Meitner, Austrian physicist (d. 1968)
- 1915Philip Morrison, American scientist (d. 2005)
- 1938Jim Kaat, American baseball player
- 1959Keith Lockhart, American orchestral conductor
- 1968Greg Tribbett, American musician (Mudvayne)
- 1973Yunjin Kim, South Korean actress
- 1980James Franklin, New Zealand cricketer
- 1987Marek Semjan, Slovakian tennis player
- 1990David de Gea, Spanish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.