November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2018 was the 311st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 680The Sixth Ecumenical Council commences in Constantinople.
- 1775John Murray, the Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia, starts the first mass emancipation of slaves in North America by issuing Lord Dunmore’s Offer of Emancipation, which offers freedom to slaves who abandoned their colonial masters in order to fight with Murray and the British.
- 1811Tecumseh’s War: The Battle of Tippecanoe is fought near present-day Battle Ground, Indiana, United States.
- 1874A cartoon by Thomas Nast in Harper’s Weekly, is considered the first important use of an elephant as a symbol for the United States Republican Party.
- 1917World War I: Third Battle of Gaza ends: British forces capture Gaza from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1920Patriarch Tikhon issues a decree that leads to the formation of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia.
- 1956Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- 1987In Tunisia, president Habib Bourguiba is overthrown and replaced by Prime Minister Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.
- 2002Iran bans advertising of United States products.
- 2004War in Iraq: The interim government of Iraq calls for a 60-day “state of emergency” as U.S. forces storm the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1832Andrew Dickson White, American educator (d. 1918)
- 1875Mikhail Kalinin, Soviet politician (d. 1946)
- 1901Norah McGuinness, Northern Irish painter and illustrator (d. 1980)
- 1951John Tamargo, American baseball player
- 1959Billy Gillispie, American basketball coach
- 1963John Barnes, English footballer
- 1970Marc Rosset, Swiss tennis player
- 1970Neil Hannon, Northern Irish musician (The Divine Comedy)
- 1977María Sánchez Lorenzo, Spanish tennis player
- 1979Will Demps, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.