November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2019 is the 311st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1619Elizabeth of Scotland and England is crowned Queen of Bohemia.
- 1907Delta Sigma Pi is founded at New York University.
- 1914The first issue of The New Republic magazine is published.
- 1917World War I: Third Battle of Gaza ends: British forces capture Gaza from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1931The Chinese Soviet Republic is proclaimed on the anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution.
- 1941World War II: Soviet hospital ship Armenia is sunk by German planes while evacuating refugees and wounded military and staff of several Crimean hospitals. It is estimated that over 5,000 people died in the sinking.
- 1944Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
- 1944Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- 1994WXYC, the student radio station of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, provides the world’s first internet radio broadcast.
- 2004War in Iraq: The interim government of Iraq calls for a 60-day “state of emergency” as U.S. forces storm the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1650John Robinson, English diplomat (d. 1723)
- 1867Maria Sklodowska-Curie, Polish chemist and physicist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in physics and in chemistry (d. 1934)
- 1888Sir C. V. Raman, Indian physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1970)
- 1919Ellen Stewart, American theater director and producer (d. 2011)
- 1931G. Edward Griffin, American film producer and author
- 1948Buck Martinez, American baseball player
- 1966Calvin Borel, American horse jockey
- 1968Greg Tribbett, American musician (Mudvayne)
- 1976Chang Hao, Chinese professional Go player
- 1987Marek Semjan, Slovakian tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.