November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2020 is the 312nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jada’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1492The Ensisheim Meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, strikes the earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace, France.
- 1885In Craigellachie, British Columbia, construction ends on the Canadian Pacific Railway extending across Canada.
- 1907Jesús García saves the entire town of Nacozari de Garcia, Sonora by driving a burning train full of dynamite six kilometers away before it can explode.
- 1933Fiorello H. La Guardia is elected the 99th mayor of New York City.
- 1967US President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967, establishing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- 19831983 United States Senate bombing: a bomb explodes inside the United States Capitol. No people are harmed, but an estimated $250,000 in damage is caused.
- 1989East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph, along with his entire cabinet, is forced to resign after huge anti-government protests.
- 1990Mary Robinson becomes the first woman to be elected President of the Republic of Ireland.
- 2000Controversial US presidential election that is later resolved in the Bush v. Gore Supreme Court Case.
- 2000Hillary Rodham Clinton is elected to the United States Senate, becoming the first former First Lady to win public office in the United States, although actually she still was the First Lady.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1728Captain James Cook, British naval officer, explorer, and cartographer (d. 1779)
- 1858Bipin Chandra Pal, Indian political activist (d. 1932)
- 1899Yitzhak Lamdan, Russian-born Israeli poet and columnist (d. 1954)
- 1918Billy Graham, American evangelist
- 1944Ken Patera, American professional wrestler
- 1955Detlef Ultsch, German judoka
- 1974Christian Gómez, Argentine footballer
- 1978Rio Ferdinand, English footballer
- 1979Mike Commodore, American hockey player
- 1981Mark Copani, Jordanian/American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.