November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2021 is the 311th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WAEBHDI? Check your answers here: Word solver WAEBHDI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Belmont: In Belmont, Missouri, Union forces led by General Ulysses S. Grant overrun a Confederate camp but are forced to retreat when Confederate reinforcements arrive.
- 1874A cartoon by Thomas Nast in Harper’s Weekly, is considered the first important use of an elephant as a symbol for the United States Republican Party.
- 1885In Craigellachie, British Columbia, construction ends on the Canadian Pacific Railway extending across Canada.
- 1893Women in the U.S. state of Colorado are granted the right to vote.
- 1907Jesús García saves the entire town of Nacozari de Garcia, Sonora by driving a burning train full of dynamite six kilometers away before it can explode.
- 1940In Tacoma, Washington, the original Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapses in a windstorm, a mere four months after the bridge’s completion.
- 1956Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- 19831983 United States Senate bombing: a bomb explodes inside the United States Capitol. No people are harmed, but an estimated $250,000 in damage is caused.
- 2000Hillary Rodham Clinton is elected to the United States Senate, becoming the first former First Lady to win public office in the United States, although actually she still was the First Lady.
- 2007Jokela school shooting in Tuusula, Finland, resulting in the death of nine people.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1846Ignaz Brüll, Austrian pianist (d. 1907)
- 1860Jean Baptiste Eugène Estienne, French general (d. 1936)
- 1903Grace Stafford, American actress (d. 1992)
- 1918Maria Teresa de Noronha, Portuguese Fado singer (d. 1993)
- 1928Richard G. Scott, LDS Apostle
- 1938Jake Gibbs, American baseball player
- 1942Johnny Rivers, American singer and composer
- 1944Joe Niekro, American baseball player (d. 2006)
- 1955Kitty Margolis, American jazz singer
- 1958Lori Saldaña, American politician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.