November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2020 is the 312nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OOIFEFXSCXS? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OOIFEFXSCXS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1912The Deutsche Opernhaus (now Deutsche Oper Berlin) opens in the Berlin neighborhood of Charlottenburg, with a production of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- 1917The Gregorian calendar date of the October Revolution, which gets its name from the Julian calendar date of 25 October. On this date in 1917, the Bolsheviks storm the Winter Palace.
- 1921The Partito Nazionale Fascista (PNF), National Fascist Party, comes into existence.
- 1929In New York City, the Museum of Modern Art opens to the public.
- 1933Fiorello H. La Guardia is elected the 99th mayor of New York City.
- 1941World War II: Soviet hospital ship Armenia is sunk by German planes while evacuating refugees and wounded military and staff of several Crimean hospitals. It is estimated that over 5,000 people died in the sinking.
- 1944Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
- 1956Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- 1989East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph, along with his entire cabinet, is forced to resign after huge anti-government protests.
- 2007Jokela school shooting in Tuusula, Finland, resulting in the death of nine people.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1860Jean Baptiste Eugène Estienne, French general (d. 1936)
- 1890Jan Matulka American painter (d. 1972)
- 1918Billy Graham, American evangelist
- 1957King Kong Bundy, American professional wrestler
- 1959Alexandre Guimarães, Costa Rican football manager
- 1959Keith Lockhart, American orchestral conductor
- 1963John Barnes, English footballer
- 1972Marcus Stewart, English football player
- 1980Sergio Bernardo Almirón, Argentine footballer
- 1981Mark Copani, Jordanian/American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.