November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2019 is the 311st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 680The Sixth Ecumenical Council commences in Constantinople.
- 1874A cartoon by Thomas Nast in Harper’s Weekly, is considered the first important use of an elephant as a symbol for the United States Republican Party.
- 1914The German colony of Kiaochow Bay and its centre at Tsingtao are captured by Japanese forces.
- 1918The 1918 influenza epidemic spreads to Western Samoa, killing 7,542 (about 20% of the population) by the end of the year.
- 1920Patriarch Tikhon issues a decree that leads to the formation of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia.
- 1944Soviet spy Richard Sorge, a half-Russian, half-German World War I veteran, is hanged by his Japanese captors along with 34 of his ring.
- 1956Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- 1989David Dinkins becomes the first African American to be elected mayor of New York City.
- 1989Douglas Wilder wins the governor’s seat in Virginia, becoming the first elected African American governor in the United States.
- 1989East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph, along with his entire cabinet, is forced to resign after huge anti-government protests.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1818Emil du Bois-Reymond, German physician (d. 1896)
- 1876Charlie Townsend, English cricketer (d. 1958)
- 1903Grace Stafford, American actress (d. 1992)
- 1921Jack Fleck, American professional golfer
- 1959Billy Gillispie, American basketball coach
- 1964Troy Beyer, American actress
- 1969Michelle Clunie, American actress
- 1978Tomoya Nagase, Japanese actor and singer (Tokio)
- 1979Danny Fonseca, Costa Rican footballer
- 1980Karthik, Indian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.