November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2020 is the 312nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Harry’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1907Jesús García saves the entire town of Nacozari de Garcia, Sonora by driving a burning train full of dynamite six kilometers away before it can explode.
- 1908Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are reportedly killed in San Vicente, Bolivia.
- 1914The German colony of Kiaochow Bay and its centre at Tsingtao are captured by Japanese forces.
- 1916Jeannette Rankin is the first woman elected to the United States Congress.
- 1940In Tacoma, Washington, the original Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapses in a windstorm, a mere four months after the bridge’s completion.
- 1957Cold War: The Gaither Report calls for more American missiles and fallout shelters.
- 1989David Dinkins becomes the first African American to be elected mayor of New York City.
- 1996NASA launches the Mars Global Surveyor.
- 2000Hillary Rodham Clinton is elected to the United States Senate, becoming the first former First Lady to win public office in the United States, although actually she still was the First Lady.
- 2000The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration discovers one of the country’s largest LSD labs inside a converted military missile silo in Wamego, Kansas.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1893Leatrice Joy, American actress (d. 1985)
- 1903Ary Barroso, Brazilian songwriter (d. 1964)
- 1915Philip Morrison, American scientist (d. 2005)
- 1935W. S. Rendra, Indonesian poet and playwright (d. 2009)
- 1944Ken Patera, American professional wrestler
- 1947Bob Anderson, English darts player
- 1967Julie Pinson, American actress
- 1974Kris Benson, American baseball player
- 1978Elisabeth Bachman, American volleyball player
- 1988Thomas Schneider, German athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.