November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2020 is the 312nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Leonard’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1665The London Gazette, the oldest surviving journal, is first published.
- 1872The ship Mary Celeste sails from New York, eventually to be found deserted
- 1885In Craigellachie, British Columbia, construction ends on the Canadian Pacific Railway extending across Canada.
- 1910The first air freight shipment (from Dayton, Ohio, to Columbus, Ohio) is undertaken by the Wright Brothers and department store owner Max Moorehouse.
- 1912The Deutsche Opernhaus (now Deutsche Oper Berlin) opens in the Berlin neighborhood of Charlottenburg, with a production of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- 1914The German colony of Kiaochow Bay and its centre at Tsingtao are captured by Japanese forces.
- 1914The first issue of The New Republic magazine is published.
- 1920Patriarch Tikhon issues a decree that leads to the formation of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia.
- 1944Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
- 1957Cold War: The Gaither Report calls for more American missiles and fallout shelters.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1728Captain James Cook, British naval officer, explorer, and cartographer (d. 1779)
- 1867Maria Sklodowska-Curie, Polish chemist and physicist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in physics and in chemistry (d. 1934)
- 1903Dean Jagger, American actor (d. 1991)
- 1942Tom Peters, American writer
- 1954Gil Junger, American director
- 1954Kamal Haasan, Indian actor
- 1972Hasim Rahman, American boxer
- 1975Venkat Prabhu, Indian film director
- 1979Otep Shamaya, American singer-songwriter (Otep)
- 1990Matt Corby, Australian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.