November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2019 is the 311st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1811Tecumseh’s War: The Battle of Tippecanoe is fought near present-day Battle Ground, Indiana, United States.
- 1885In Craigellachie, British Columbia, construction ends on the Canadian Pacific Railway extending across Canada.
- 1908Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are reportedly killed in San Vicente, Bolivia.
- 1919The first Palmer Raid is conducted on the second anniversary of the Russian Revolution. Over 10,000 suspected communists and anarchists are arrested in twenty-three different U.S. cities.
- 1944Franklin D. Roosevelt elected for a record fourth term as President of the United States of America.
- 1967Carl B. Stokes is elected as Mayor of Cleveland, Ohio, becoming the first African American mayor of a major American city.
- 1975In Bangladesh, a joint force of people and soldiers takes part in an uprising led by Col. Abu Taher that ousts and kills Brig. Khaled Mosharraf, freeing the then house-arrested army chief and future president Maj-Gen. Ziaur Rahman. The day is occasionally observed as the National Revolution and Solidarity Day.
- 1989East German Prime Minister Willi Stoph, along with his entire cabinet, is forced to resign after huge anti-government protests.
- 1994WXYC, the student radio station of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, provides the world’s first internet radio broadcast.
- 2000The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration discovers one of the country’s largest LSD labs inside a converted military missile silo in Wamego, Kansas.
Who were born on November 7?
- 994Ibn Hazm, Arab philosopher (d. 1069)
- 1687William Stukeley, English antiquarian (d. 1765)
- 1838Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam, French writer (d. 1889)
- 1888Sir C. V. Raman, Indian physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1970)
- 1897Herman J. Mankiewicz, American writer, director, and producer (d. 1953)
- 1903Dean Jagger, American actor (d. 1991)
- 1955Detlef Ultsch, German judoka
- 1961Orlando Mercado, American baseball player
- 1973Yunjin Kim, South Korean actress
- 1979Mike Commodore, American hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.