November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2019 is the 311st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 680The Sixth Ecumenical Council commences in Constantinople.
- 1492The Ensisheim Meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, strikes the earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace, France.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Belmont: In Belmont, Missouri, Union forces led by General Ulysses S. Grant overrun a Confederate camp but are forced to retreat when Confederate reinforcements arrive.
- 1917The Gregorian calendar date of the October Revolution, which gets its name from the Julian calendar date of 25 October. On this date in 1917, the Bolsheviks storm the Winter Palace.
- 1917World War I: Third Battle of Gaza ends: British forces capture Gaza from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1921The Partito Nazionale Fascista (PNF), National Fascist Party, comes into existence.
- 1931The Chinese Soviet Republic is proclaimed on the anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution.
- 1956Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- 1957Cold War: The Gaither Report calls for more American missiles and fallout shelters.
- 1987In Tunisia, president Habib Bourguiba is overthrown and replaced by Prime Minister Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1598Francisco Zurbarán, Spanish painter (d. 1664)
- 1750Friedrich Leopold zu Stolberg-Stolberg, German poet (d. 1819)
- 1898Raphaël Salem, Greek mathematician (d. 1963)
- 1917Titos Vandis, Greek actor (d. 2003)
- 1935W. S. Rendra, Indonesian poet and playwright (d. 2009)
- 1940Antonio Skármeta, Chilean writer
- 1948Buck Martinez, American baseball player
- 1974Brigitte Foster-Hylton, Jamaican track athlete
- 1979Jon Peter Lewis, American singer
- 1983Forrest Kline, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Hellogoodbye)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.