November 7: Day of the Week
November 7, 2019 is the 311st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 54 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Patsy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1775John Murray, the Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia, starts the first mass emancipation of slaves in North America by issuing Lord Dunmore’s Offer of Emancipation, which offers freedom to slaves who abandoned their colonial masters in order to fight with Murray and the British.
- 1811Tecumseh’s War: The Battle of Tippecanoe is fought near present-day Battle Ground, Indiana, United States.
- 1893Women in the U.S. state of Colorado are granted the right to vote.
- 1900Battle of Leliefontein, a battle during which the Royal Canadian Dragoons win three Victoria Crosses.
- 1916Jeannette Rankin is the first woman elected to the United States Congress.
- 1919The first Palmer Raid is conducted on the second anniversary of the Russian Revolution. Over 10,000 suspected communists and anarchists are arrested in twenty-three different U.S. cities.
- 1920Patriarch Tikhon issues a decree that leads to the formation of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia.
- 1973The U.S. Congress overrides President Richard M. Nixon’s veto of the War Powers Resolution, which limits presidential power to wage war without congressional approval.
- 1994WXYC, the student radio station of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, provides the world’s first internet radio broadcast.
- 2000Controversial US presidential election that is later resolved in the Bush v. Gore Supreme Court Case.
Who were born on November 7?
- 1897Herman J. Mankiewicz, American writer, director, and producer (d. 1953)
- 1938Jake Gibbs, American baseball player
- 1940Dakin Matthews, American actor
- 1943Michael Spence, American economist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1945Earl Boen, American actor
- 1952David Petraeus, American military commander
- 1957John Benitez, American musician
- 1957King Kong Bundy, American professional wrestler
- 1976Mark Philippoussis, Australian tennis player
- 1981Mark Copani, Jordanian/American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.