November 8: Day of the Week
November 8, 2020 is the 313rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 53 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XTBTEUEZBX? Check your answers here: Word search XTBTEUEZBX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1520Stockholm Bloodbath begins: A successful invasion of Sweden by Danish forces results in the execution of around 100 people.
- 1605Robert Catesby, ringleader of the Gunpowder Plotters, is killed.
- 1889Montana is admitted as the 41st U.S. state.
- 1892The New Orleans general strike begins, uniting black and white American trade unionists in a successful four-day general strike action for the first time.
- 1950Korean War: United States Air Force Lt. Russell J. Brown, while piloting an F-80 Shooting Star, shoots down two North Korean MiG-15s in the first jet aircraft-to-jet aircraft dogfight in history.
- 1960John F. Kennedy defeats Richard Nixon in one of the closest presidential elections of the twentieth century to become the 35th president of the United States.
- 1965The 173rd Airborne is ambushed by over 1,200 Viet Cong in Operation Hump during the Vietnam War, while the 1st Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment fight one of the first set-piece engagements of the war between Australian forces and the Vietcong at the Battle of Gang Toi.
- 1973The right ear of John Paul Getty III is delivered to a newspaper together with a ransom note, convincing his father to pay 2.9 million USD.
- 1977Manolis Andronikos, a Greek archaeologist and professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, discovers the tomb of Philip II of Macedon at Vergina.
- 2004War in Iraq: More than 10,000 U.S. troops and a small number of Iraqi army units participate in a siege on the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah.
Who were born on November 8?
- 1848Gottlob Frege, German mathematician and logician (d. 1925)
- 1888David Monrad Johansen, Norwegian composer (d. 1974)
- 1944Bonnie Bramlett, American singer (Delaney, Bonnie & Friends)
- 1951Alfredo Astiz, Argentine general
- 1957Alan Curbishley, English football manager
- 1970Diana King, Jamaican singer
- 1975José Pinto, Spanish footballer
- 1978Shyne (Moses Michael Leviy), Belizean-born rapper
- 1979Dania Ramírez, Dominican actress
- 1983Katharina Molitor, German javelin thrower
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.