November 8: Day of the Week
November 8, 2020 is the 313rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 53 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Breanna’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1602The Bodleian Library at Oxford University is opened to the public.
- 1620The Battle of White Mountain takes place near Prague, ending in a decisive Catholic victory in only two hours.
- 1745Charles Edward Stuart invades England with an army of ~5000 that would later participate in the Battle of Culloden.
- 1936Spanish Civil War: Francoist troops fail in their effort to capture Madrid, but begin the 3-year Siege of Madrid afterwards.
- 1939In Munich, Adolf Hitler narrowly escapes the assassination attempt of Georg Elser while celebrating the 16th anniversary of the Beer Hall Putsch.
- 1950Korean War: United States Air Force Lt. Russell J. Brown, while piloting an F-80 Shooting Star, shoots down two North Korean MiG-15s in the first jet aircraft-to-jet aircraft dogfight in history.
- 1965The Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act 1965 is given Royal Assent, formally abolishing the death penalty in the United Kingdom.
- 1976A series of earthquakes spreads panic in the city of Thessaloniki, which is evacuated.
- 1977Manolis Andronikos, a Greek archaeologist and professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, discovers the tomb of Philip II of Macedon at Vergina.
- 2011The potentially hazardous asteroid 2005 YU55 passed 0.85 lunar distances from Earth (about 324600 km), the closest known approach by an asteroid of its brightness since mpl 2010 XC in 1976.
Who were born on November 8?
- 1866Herbert Austin, English automobile pioneer (d. 1941)
- 1900Margaret Mitchell, American author (d. 1949)
- 1931Darla Hood, American actress (d. 1979)
- 1946Guus Hiddink, Dutch football coach
- 1954Thanasis Pafilis, Greek politician
- 1956Mari Boine, Norwegian musician who added jazz & rock to the yoiks of the Sami people
- 1974Matthew Rhys, Welsh actor
- 1980Holly Walsh, British comedian, comedy writer and TV and radio presenter
- 1988Lucia Slaničková, Slovak heptathlete
- 2003Lady Louise Windsor, British royal
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.