November 8: Day of the Week
November 8, 2021 is the 312th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 53 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PIZBAAI? Check your answers here: Word scramble PIZBAAI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1519Hernán Cortés enters Tenochtitlán and Aztec ruler Moctezuma welcomes him with a great celebration.
- 1620The Battle of White Mountain takes place near Prague, ending in a decisive Catholic victory in only two hours.
- 1917The People’s Commissars give authority to Vladimir Lenin, Leon Trotsky, and Joseph Stalin.
- 1942World War II: French resistance coup in Algiers, in which 400 civilian French patriots neutralize Vichyist XIXth Army Corps after 15 hours of fighting, and arrest several Vichyst generals, allowing the immediate success of Operation Torch in Algiers.
- 1965The 173rd Airborne is ambushed by over 1,200 Viet Cong in Operation Hump during the Vietnam War, while the 1st Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment fight one of the first set-piece engagements of the war between Australian forces and the Vietcong at the Battle of Gang Toi.
- 1965The British Indian Ocean Territory is created, consisting of Chagos Archipelago, Aldabra, Farquhar and Des Roches islands.
- 1965The Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act 1965 is given Royal Assent, formally abolishing the death penalty in the United Kingdom.
- 1971Led Zeppelin releases “Led Zeppelin IV,” which becomes the third-best-selling album ever in the US.
- 1973The right ear of John Paul Getty III is delivered to a newspaper together with a ransom note, convincing his father to pay 2.9 million USD.
- 2004War in Iraq: More than 10,000 U.S. troops and a small number of Iraqi army units participate in a siege on the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah.
Who were born on November 8?
- 1777Désirée Clary, queen of Sweden (d. 1860)
- 1893Clarence Williams, American pianist and composer (d. 1965)
- 1952Jerry Remy, American baseball player, color commentator
- 1954Jeanette McGruder, American musician (P Funk)
- 1954Thanasis Pafilis, Greek politician
- 1955Patricia Barber, jazz & blues singer, pianist, songwriter
- 1968Keith Jones, Canadian hockey player
- 1974Seishi Kishimoto, Japanese manga author
- 1980Ana Vidović, Croatian virtuoso classical guitarist
- 1988Jessica Lowndes, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.