November 8: Day of the Week
November 8, 2019 is the 312nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 53 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1519Hernán Cortés enters Tenochtitlán and Aztec ruler Moctezuma welcomes him with a great celebration.
- 1605Robert Catesby, ringleader of the Gunpowder Plotters, is killed.
- 1745Charles Edward Stuart invades England with an army of ~5000 that would later participate in the Battle of Culloden.
- 1923Beer Hall Putsch: In Munich, Adolf Hitler leads the Nazis in an unsuccessful attempt to overthrow the German government.
- 1936Spanish Civil War: Francoist troops fail in their effort to capture Madrid, but begin the 3-year Siege of Madrid afterwards.
- 1939In Munich, Adolf Hitler narrowly escapes the assassination attempt of Georg Elser while celebrating the 16th anniversary of the Beer Hall Putsch.
- 1939Venlo Incident: Two British agents of SIS are captured by the Germans.
- 1942World War II: French resistance coup in Algiers, in which 400 civilian French patriots neutralize Vichyist XIXth Army Corps after 15 hours of fighting, and arrest several Vichyst generals, allowing the immediate success of Operation Torch in Algiers.
- 1966Former Massachusetts Attorney General Edward Brooke becomes the first African American elected to the United States Senate since Reconstruction.
- 1987Remembrance Day Bombing: A Provisional IRA bomb explodes in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland during a ceremony honouring those who had died in wars involving British forces. Twelve people are killed and sixty-three wounded.
Who were born on November 8?
- 1710Sarah Fielding, English writer (d. 1768)
- 1895Photios Kontoglou, Greek writer, painter and iconographer (d. 1965)
- 1952Jan Raas, Dutch cyclist
- 1952Jerry Remy, American baseball player, color commentator
- 1955Patricia Barber, jazz & blues singer, pianist, songwriter
- 1957Alan Curbishley, English football manager
- 1966Gordon Ramsay, British chef and reality television personality
- 1982Mika Kallio, Finnish Grand Prix motorcycle racer
- 1982Ted DiBiase Jr., professional wrestler in WWE
- 1985Jack Osbourne, English television star
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.