November 8: Day of the Week
November 8, 2020 is the 313rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 53 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1519Hernán Cortés enters Tenochtitlán and Aztec ruler Moctezuma welcomes him with a great celebration.
- 1605Robert Catesby, ringleader of the Gunpowder Plotters, is killed.
- 1620The Battle of White Mountain takes place near Prague, ending in a decisive Catholic victory in only two hours.
- 1745Charles Edward Stuart invades England with an army of ~5000 that would later participate in the Battle of Culloden.
- 1837Mary Lyon founds Mount Holyoke Female Seminary, which later becomes Mount Holyoke College.
- 1895While experimenting with electricity, Wilhelm Röntgen discovers the X-ray.
- 1901Bloody clashes take place in Athens following the translation of the Gospels into demotic Greek.
- 1917The People’s Commissars give authority to Vladimir Lenin, Leon Trotsky, and Joseph Stalin.
- 1973The right ear of John Paul Getty III is delivered to a newspaper together with a ransom note, convincing his father to pay 2.9 million USD.
- 1976A series of earthquakes spreads panic in the city of Thessaloniki, which is evacuated.
Who were born on November 8?
- 1854Johannes Rydberg, Swedish physicist (d. 1919)
- 1885Tomoyuki Yamashita, Japanese general (d. 1946)
- 1895Photios Kontoglou, Greek writer, painter and iconographer (d. 1965)
- 1908Martha Gellhorn, American writer (d. 1998)
- 1960Michael Nyqvist, Swedish actor
- 1965Craig Chester, American actor and screenwriter
- 1978Shyne (Moses Michael Leviy), Belizean-born rapper
- 1980Holly Walsh, British comedian, comedy writer and TV and radio presenter
- 1980Tom Gabel, American punk rock musician (Against Me!)
- 1984Steven Webb, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.