November 8: Day of the Week
November 8, 2021 is the 312th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 53 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BHEHREDNDIY? Check your answers here: Word scramble BHEHREDNDIY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1602The Bodleian Library at Oxford University is opened to the public.
- 1892The New Orleans general strike begins, uniting black and white American trade unionists in a successful four-day general strike action for the first time.
- 1901Bloody clashes take place in Athens following the translation of the Gospels into demotic Greek.
- 1933Great Depression: New Deal – US President Franklin D. Roosevelt unveils the Civil Works Administration, an organization designed to create jobs for more than 4 million of the unemployed.
- 1937The Nazi exhibition Der ewige Jude (“The Eternal Jew”) opens in Munich.
- 1939Venlo Incident: Two British agents of SIS are captured by the Germans.
- 1957Operation Grapple X, Round C1: Britain conducts its first successful hydrogen bomb test over Kiritimati in the Pacific.
- 1973The right ear of John Paul Getty III is delivered to a newspaper together with a ransom note, convincing his father to pay 2.9 million USD.
- 2004War in Iraq: More than 10,000 U.S. troops and a small number of Iraqi army units participate in a siege on the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah.
- 2011The potentially hazardous asteroid 2005 YU55 passed 0.85 lunar distances from Earth (about 324600 km), the closest known approach by an asteroid of its brightness since mpl 2010 XC in 1976.
Who were born on November 8?
- 1868Felix Hausdorff, German mathematician (d. 1942)
- 1896Bucky Harris, baseball player (d. 1977)
- 1922Ademir Marques de Menezes, Brazilian footballer (d. 1996)
- 1923Jack Kilby, American electrical engineer, Nobel laureate (d. 2005)
- 1924Johnny Bower, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1935Alfonso López Trujillo, Colombian Cardinal Bishop (d. 2008)
- 1970José Francisco Porras, Costa Rican footballer
- 1978Tim de Cler, Dutch footballer
- 1980Ana Vidović, Croatian virtuoso classical guitarist
- 1981Azura Skye, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.