November 8: Day of the Week
November 8, 2021 is the 312nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 53 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AVFIGJSA? Check your answers here: Word search AVFIGJSA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1602The Bodleian Library at Oxford University is opened to the public.
- 1605Robert Catesby, ringleader of the Gunpowder Plotters, is killed.
- 1861American Civil War: The “Trent Affair” – The USS San Jacinto stops the United Kingdom mail ship Trent and arrests two Confederate envoys, sparking a diplomatic crisis between the UK and US.
- 1895While experimenting with electricity, Wilhelm Röntgen discovers the X-ray.
- 1936Spanish Civil War: Francoist troops fail in their effort to capture Madrid, but begin the 3-year Siege of Madrid afterwards.
- 1939Venlo Incident: Two British agents of SIS are captured by the Germans.
- 1942World War II: Operation Torch – United States and United Kingdom forces land in French North Africa.
- 1960John F. Kennedy defeats Richard Nixon in one of the closest presidential elections of the twentieth century to become the 35th president of the United States.
- 1965The 173rd Airborne is ambushed by over 1,200 Viet Cong in Operation Hump during the Vietnam War, while the 1st Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment fight one of the first set-piece engagements of the war between Australian forces and the Vietcong at the Battle of Gang Toi.
- 2002Iraq disarmament crisis: UN Security Council Resolution 1441 – The United Nations Security Council unanimously approves a resolution on Iraq, forcing Saddam Hussein to disarm or face “serious consequences”.
Who were born on November 8?
- 1883Arnold Bax, English composer (d. 1953)
- 1918Hermann Zapf, German designer
- 1927Nguyen Khanh, Prime Minister of South Vietnam
- 1935Alain Delon, French actor
- 1942Angel Cordero Jr., Puerto Rican jockey
- 1954Thanasis Pafilis, Greek politician
- 1961Leif Garrett, American singer
- 1975Brevin Knight, American basketball player
- 1978Júlio Sérgio Bertagnoli, Brazilian footballer
- 1978Maurice Evans, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.