November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2019 is the 313rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1456Ulrich II of Celje (Slovene: Ulrik Celjski, German Ulrich von Cilli, Hungarian: Cillei Ulrik), last prince of Celje principality, is assassinated in Belgrade.
- 1620Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: In the Battle of Fishdam Ford a force British and Loyalist troops fail in a surprise attack against the South Carolina Patriot militia under Brigadier General Thomas Sumter.
- 1791Foundation of the Dublin Society of United Irishmen.
- 1793William Carey reaches the Hooghly River.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte leads the Coup d'état of 18 Brumaire ending the Directory government, and becoming one of its three Consuls (Consulate Government).
- 1906Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country. He did so to inspect progress on the Panama Canal.
- 1917Joseph Stalin enters the provisional government of Bolshevik Russia.
- 1923In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.
- 1967Apollo program: NASA launches the unmanned Apollo 4 test spacecraft atop the first Saturn V rocket from Cape Kennedy, Florida.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1841King Edward VII of the United Kingdom (d. 1910)
- 1877Allama Iqbal, British Indian poet and politician (d. 1938)
- 1885Velimir Khlebnikov, Russian writer (d. 1922)
- 1905Erika Mann, German writer (d. 1969)
- 1936Mikhail Tal, Latvian chess player (d. 1992)
- 1948Bille August, Danish film and television director
- 1967Ricky Otto, English footballer
- 1970Bill Guerin, American ice hockey player
- 1978Sisqó, American singer (Dru Hill)
- 1981Scottie Thompson, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.