November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2020 is the 314th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Xavier’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1330Battle of Posada, Wallachian Voievode Basarab I defeats the Hungarian army in an ambush
- 1822The Action of 9 November 1822 between USS Alligator and a squadron of piratical schooners off the coast of Cuba.
- 1872The Great Boston Fire of 1872.
- 1888Jack the Ripper kills Mary Jane Kelly, his last known victim.
- 1914SMS Emden sunk by HMAS Sydney in the Battle of Cocos.
- 1947India forcibly annexes Junagadh from Pakistan.
- 1967First issue of Rolling Stone Magazine is published.
- 1989Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to travel to West Germany. This key event led to the eventual reunification of East and West Germany.
- 1994The chemical element Darmstadtium is discovered.
- 2005The Venus Express mission of the European Space Agency is launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1840Joseph-Adolphe Chapleau, French Canadian lawyer (d. 1898)
- 1897Harvey Hendrick, American baseball player (d. 1941)
- 1933Jim Perry, American and Canadian television host
- 1934Ingvar Carlsson, Swedish politician
- 1935Bob Gibson, American baseball player
- 1937Roger McGough, English poet
- 1948Henrik S. Järrel, Swedish politician
- 1973Gabrielle Miller, Canadian actress
- 1979Martin Taylor, English footballer
- 1981Scottie Thompson, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.