November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2019 is the 313rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 694Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims, sentencing all Jews to slavery.
- 1688The Glorious Revolution: William of Orange captures Exeter.
- 1729Spain, France and Great Britain sign the Treaty of Seville.
- 1764Mary Campbell, a captive of the Lenape during the French and Indian War, is turned over to forces commanded by Colonel Henry Bouquet.
- 1851Kentucky marshals abduct abolitionist minister Calvin Fairbank from Jeffersonville, Indiana, and take him to Kentucky to stand trial for helping a slave escape.
- 1857The Atlantic founded in Boston.
- 1887The United States receives rights to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- 1888Jack the Ripper kills Mary Jane Kelly, his last known victim.
- 1998A US federal judge ordered 37 US brokerage houses to pay 1.03 billion USD to cheated NASDAQ investors to compensate for price-fixing. This is the largest civil settlement in United States history.
- 2005Suicide bombers attacked three hotels in Amman, Jordan, killing at least 60 people.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1825A. P. Hill, American Confederate general (d. 1865)
- 1840Joseph-Adolphe Chapleau, French Canadian lawyer (d. 1898)
- 1885Theodor Kaluza, German scientist (d. 1954)
- 1915Sargent Shriver, American politician (d. 2011)
- 1948Henrik S. Järrel, Swedish politician
- 1959Tony Slattery, British actor
- 1971Big Pun, American rapper (d. 2000)
- 1972Corin Tucker, American musician (Sleater-Kinney)
- 1979Martin Taylor, English footballer
- 1981Jobi McAnuff, Jamaican footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.