November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2019 is the 313rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Judith’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1620Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte leads the Coup d'état of 18 Brumaire ending the Directory government, and becoming one of its three Consuls (Consulate Government).
- 1822The Action of 9 November 1822 between USS Alligator and a squadron of piratical schooners off the coast of Cuba.
- 1848Robert Blum, a German revolutionary, is executed in Vienna.
- 1907The Cullinan Diamond is presented to King Edward VII on his birthday.
- 1914SMS Emden sunk by HMAS Sydney in the Battle of Cocos.
- 1935The Congress of Industrial Organizations is founded in Atlantic City, New Jersey by eight trade unions belonging to the American Federation of Labor.
- 1960Robert McNamara is named president of Ford Motor Co., the first non-Ford to serve in that post. A month later, he quit to join the newly-elected John F. Kennedy administration.
- 1963At Miike coal mine, Miike, Japan, an explosion kills 458, and hospitalises 839 with carbon monoxide poisoning.
- 1989Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to travel to West Germany. This key event led to the eventual reunification of East and West Germany.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1811Alexandru Hâjdeu, Russian writer of Romanian origins (d. 1872)
- 1897Harvey Hendrick, American baseball player (d. 1941)
- 1921Viktor Chukarin, Soviet gymnast (d. 1984)
- 1936Mikhail Tal, Latvian chess player (d. 1992)
- 1955Karen Dotrice, British actress
- 1970Scarface, American rapper
- 1970Susan Tedeschi, American musician
- 1971Big Pun, American rapper (d. 2000)
- 1979Martin Taylor, English footballer
- 1986Carl Gunnarsson, Swedish hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.