November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2019 was the 313rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Adrienne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1330Battle of Posada, Wallachian Voievode Basarab I defeats the Hungarian army in an ambush
- 1494The Family de' Medici are expelled from Florence.
- 1720The synagogue of Yehudah he-Hasid is burned down by Arab creditors, leading to the expulsion of the Ashkenazim from Jerusalem.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: In the Battle of Fishdam Ford a force British and Loyalist troops fail in a surprise attack against the South Carolina Patriot militia under Brigadier General Thomas Sumter.
- 1793William Carey reaches the Hooghly River.
- 1862American Civil War: Union General Ambrose Burnside assumes command of the Army of the Potomac, after George B. McClellan is removed.
- 1867Tokugawa Shogunate hands power back to the Emperor of Japan, starting the Meiji Restoration.
- 1913The Great Lakes Storm of 1913, the most destructive natural disaster ever to hit the lakes, destroys 19 ships and kills more than 250 people.
- 1967First issue of Rolling Stone Magazine is published.
- 1989Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to travel to West Germany. This key event led to the eventual reunification of East and West Germany.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1721Mark Akenside, English poet and physician (d. 1770)
- 1825A. P. Hill, American Confederate general (d. 1865)
- 1853Stanford White, American architect (d. 1906)
- 1873Otfrid Foerster, German neurologist (d. 1941)
- 1911Tabish Dehlvi, Pakistani poet (d. 2004)
- 1931Whitey Herzog, American baseball player
- 1946Benny Mardones, American singer-songwriter
- 1954Sue Upton, English actress and dancer
- 1969Allison Wolfe, American musician (Bratmobile, Cold Cold Hearts, Partyline)
- 1978Sisqó, American singer (Dru Hill)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.