November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2018 was the 313rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 694Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims, sentencing all Jews to slavery.
- 1282Pope Martin IV excommunicates King Peter III of Aragon.
- 1620Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: In the Battle of Fishdam Ford a force British and Loyalist troops fail in a surprise attack against the South Carolina Patriot militia under Brigadier General Thomas Sumter.
- 1822The Action of 9 November 1822 between USS Alligator and a squadron of piratical schooners off the coast of Cuba.
- 1857The Atlantic founded in Boston.
- 1887The United States receives rights to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- 1907The Cullinan Diamond is presented to King Edward VII on his birthday.
- 1923In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.
- 1960Robert McNamara is named president of Ford Motor Co., the first non-Ford to serve in that post. A month later, he quit to join the newly-elected John F. Kennedy administration.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1801Gail Borden, Jr., American inventor(d. 1874)
- 1811Alexandru Hâjdeu, Russian writer of Romanian origins (d. 1872)
- 1832Émile Gaboriau, French writer (d. 1873)
- 1853Stanford White, American architect (d. 1906)
- 1873Otfrid Foerster, German neurologist (d. 1941)
- 1895Mae Marsh, American actress (d. 1968)
- 1945Moeletsi Mbeki, Political and economic commentator, South African economist
- 1955Bob Nault, Canadian politician
- 1962Teryl Rothery, Canadian actress
- 1977Chris Morgan, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.