November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2021 is the 313rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aiden’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1456Ulrich II of Celje (Slovene: Ulrik Celjski, German Ulrich von Cilli, Hungarian: Cillei Ulrik), last prince of Celje principality, is assassinated in Belgrade.
- 1520More than 50 people are sentenced and executed in the Stockholm Bloodbath
- 1688The Glorious Revolution: William of Orange captures Exeter.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: In the Battle of Fishdam Ford a force British and Loyalist troops fail in a surprise attack against the South Carolina Patriot militia under Brigadier General Thomas Sumter.
- 1822The Action of 9 November 1822 between USS Alligator and a squadron of piratical schooners off the coast of Cuba.
- 1851Kentucky marshals abduct abolitionist minister Calvin Fairbank from Jeffersonville, Indiana, and take him to Kentucky to stand trial for helping a slave escape.
- 1867Tokugawa Shogunate hands power back to the Emperor of Japan, starting the Meiji Restoration.
- 1907The Cullinan Diamond is presented to King Edward VII on his birthday.
- 1940Warsaw is awarded the Virtuti Militari.
- 1993Stari most, the “old bridge” in Bosnian Mostar built in 1566, collapses after several days of bombing.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1904Viktor Brack, Nazi physician (d. 1948)
- 1922Raymond Devos, French humorist (d. 2006)
- 1941Tom Fogerty, American musician (Creedence Clearwater Revival) (d. 1990)
- 1948Michel Pagliaro, Canadian singer
- 1954Shankar Nag, Indian film actor and director
- 1954Sue Upton, English actress and dancer
- 1962Teryl Rothery, Canadian actress
- 1970Domino, American music producer
- 1971David Duval, American golfer
- 1974Alessandro Del Piero, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.