November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2020 is the 314th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lester’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1456Ulrich II of Celje (Slovene: Ulrik Celjski, German Ulrich von Cilli, Hungarian: Cillei Ulrik), last prince of Celje principality, is assassinated in Belgrade.
- 1492Peace of Etaples between Henry VII and Charles VIII.
- 1729Spain, France and Great Britain sign the Treaty of Seville.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte leads the Coup d'état of 18 Brumaire ending the Directory government, and becoming one of its three Consuls (Consulate Government).
- 1935The Congress of Industrial Organizations is founded in Atlantic City, New Jersey by eight trade unions belonging to the American Federation of Labor.
- 1960Robert McNamara is named president of Ford Motor Co., the first non-Ford to serve in that post. A month later, he quit to join the newly-elected John F. Kennedy administration.
- 1965Catholic Worker member Roger Allen LaPorte, protesting against the Vietnam War, sets himself on fire in front of the United Nations building.
- 1965Several U.S. states and parts of Canada are hit by a series of blackouts lasting up to 13 hours in the Northeast Blackout of 1965.
- 1985Garry Kasparov, 22, of the Soviet Union becomes the youngest World Chess Champion by beating Anatoly Karpov, also of the Soviet Union.
- 1998A US federal judge ordered 37 US brokerage houses to pay 1.03 billion USD to cheated NASDAQ investors to compensate for price-fixing. This is the largest civil settlement in United States history.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1389Isabella of Valois, queen consort of England (d. 1409)
- 1811Alexandru Hâjdeu, Russian writer of Romanian origins (d. 1872)
- 1906Arthur Rudolph, German rocket engineer (d. 1996)
- 1911Tabish Dehlvi, Pakistani poet (d. 2004)
- 1955Fernando Meirelles, Brazilian film director
- 1964Sandra Denton, American musician (Salt-N-Pepa)
- 1969Allison Wolfe, American musician (Bratmobile, Cold Cold Hearts, Partyline)
- 1974Joe C., American rapper (d. 2000)
- 1980Vanessa Minnillo, Filipino television personality
- 1985Bakary Soumaré, Malian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.