November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2021 is the 313th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ISZNAJEALA? Check your answers here: Word scramble ISZNAJEALA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1456Ulrich II of Celje (Slovene: Ulrik Celjski, German Ulrich von Cilli, Hungarian: Cillei Ulrik), last prince of Celje principality, is assassinated in Belgrade.
- 1492Peace of Etaples between Henry VII and Charles VIII.
- 1697Pope Innocent XII founds the city of Cervia.
- 1764Mary Campbell, a captive of the Lenape during the French and Indian War, is turned over to forces commanded by Colonel Henry Bouquet.
- 1793William Carey reaches the Hooghly River.
- 1918Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany abdicates after the German Revolution, and Germany is proclaimed a Republic.
- 1940Warsaw is awarded the Virtuti Militari.
- 1953Cambodia becomes independent from France.
- 1979Nuclear false alarm: the NORAD computers and the Alternate National Military Command Center in Fort Ritchie, Maryland detected purported massive Soviet nuclear strike. After reviewing the raw data from satellites and checking the early warning radars, the alert is cancelled.
- 1998Capital punishment in the United Kingdom, already abolished for murder, is completely abolished for all remaining capital offences.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1389Isabella of Valois, queen consort of England (d. 1409)
- 1721Mark Akenside, English poet and physician (d. 1770)
- 1885Hermann Weyl, German mathematician (d. 1955)
- 1897Ronald George Wreyford Norrish, British chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1978)
- 1934Ingvar Carlsson, Swedish politician
- 1955Thomas F. Duffy American actor
- 1962Teryl Rothery, Canadian actress
- 1970Chris Jericho, Canadian wrestler and musician (Fozzy)
- 1980Dominique Maltais, Canadian snowboarder
- 1984Delta Goodrem, Australian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.