November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2023 is the 313th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IRRCIICDIA? Check your answers here: Word finder IRRCIICDIA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 694Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims, sentencing all Jews to slavery.
- 1282Pope Martin IV excommunicates King Peter III of Aragon.
- 1494The Family de' Medici are expelled from Florence.
- 1697Pope Innocent XII founds the city of Cervia.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: In the Battle of Fishdam Ford a force British and Loyalist troops fail in a surprise attack against the South Carolina Patriot militia under Brigadier General Thomas Sumter.
- 1867Tokugawa Shogunate hands power back to the Emperor of Japan, starting the Meiji Restoration.
- 1965Catholic Worker member Roger Allen LaPorte, protesting against the Vietnam War, sets himself on fire in front of the United Nations building.
- 1967First issue of Rolling Stone Magazine is published.
- 1979Nuclear false alarm: the NORAD computers and the Alternate National Military Command Center in Fort Ritchie, Maryland detected purported massive Soviet nuclear strike. After reviewing the raw data from satellites and checking the early warning radars, the alert is cancelled.
- 1985Garry Kasparov, 22, of the Soviet Union becomes the youngest World Chess Champion by beating Anatoly Karpov, also of the Soviet Union.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1389Isabella of Valois, queen consort of England (d. 1409)
- 1731Benjamin Banneker, African-American astrononomer (d. 1806)
- 1883Edna May Oliver, American actress (d. 1942)
- 1906Arthur Rudolph, German rocket engineer (d. 1996)
- 1915Sargent Shriver, American politician (d. 2011)
- 1929Marc Favreau, French Canadian humourist (d. 2005)
- 1936Daniel Robert Graham, American politician
- 1960Joëlle Ursull, Guadeloupean singer
- 1962Teryl Rothery, Canadian actress
- 1979Martin Taylor, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.