November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2021 is the 313th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jada’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1492Peace of Etaples between Henry VII and Charles VIII.
- 1494The Family de' Medici are expelled from Florence.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte leads the Coup d'état of 18 Brumaire ending the Directory government, and becoming one of its three Consuls (Consulate Government).
- 1851Kentucky marshals abduct abolitionist minister Calvin Fairbank from Jeffersonville, Indiana, and take him to Kentucky to stand trial for helping a slave escape.
- 1861The first documented football match in Canada is played at University College, University of Toronto.
- 1872The Great Boston Fire of 1872.
- 1888Jack the Ripper kills Mary Jane Kelly, his last known victim.
- 1935The Congress of Industrial Organizations is founded in Atlantic City, New Jersey by eight trade unions belonging to the American Federation of Labor.
- 1979Nuclear false alarm: the NORAD computers and the Alternate National Military Command Center in Fort Ritchie, Maryland detected purported massive Soviet nuclear strike. After reviewing the raw data from satellites and checking the early warning radars, the alert is cancelled.
- 1994The chemical element Darmstadtium is discovered.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1389Isabella of Valois, queen consort of England (d. 1409)
- 1799Gustavus, Crown Prince of Sweden (d. 1877)
- 1810Bernhard von Langenbeck, German surgeon (d. 1887)
- 1869Marie Dressler, Canadian actress (d. 1934)
- 1902Anthony Asquith, British film director (d. 1968)
- 1929Marc Favreau, French Canadian humourist (d. 2005)
- 1936Mary Travers, American singer and songwriter (Peter, Paul and Mary) (d. 2009)
- 1938Ti-Grace Atkinson, American feminist author
- 1963Fulvio Fantoni, Italian bridge player
- 1970Chris Jericho, Canadian wrestler and musician (Fozzy)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.