November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2019 is the 313rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 694Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims, sentencing all Jews to slavery.
- 1791Foundation of the Dublin Society of United Irishmen.
- 1862American Civil War: Union General Ambrose Burnside assumes command of the Army of the Potomac, after George B. McClellan is removed.
- 1867Tokugawa Shogunate hands power back to the Emperor of Japan, starting the Meiji Restoration.
- 1872The Great Boston Fire of 1872.
- 1937Japanese troops take control of Shanghai, China.
- 1960Robert McNamara is named president of Ford Motor Co., the first non-Ford to serve in that post. A month later, he quit to join the newly-elected John F. Kennedy administration.
- 1967Apollo program: NASA launches the unmanned Apollo 4 test spacecraft atop the first Saturn V rocket from Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- 2005The Venus Express mission of the European Space Agency is launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- 2007The German Bundestag passes the controversial data retention bill mandating storage of citizens’ telecommunications traffic data for six months without probable cause.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1731Benjamin Banneker, African-American astrononomer (d. 1806)
- 1818Ivan Turgenev, Russian writer (d. 1883)
- 1869Marie Dressler, Canadian actress (d. 1934)
- 1874Albert Francis Blakeslee, American botanist (d. 1954)
- 1885Theodor Kaluza, German scientist (d. 1954)
- 1934Ronald Harwood, South African author and playwright
- 1971David Duval, American golfer
- 1971Melinda Kinnaman, Swedish actress
- 1981Scottie Thompson, American actress
- 1986Carl Gunnarsson, Swedish hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.