November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2018 was the 313rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1620Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- 1764Mary Campbell, a captive of the Lenape during the French and Indian War, is turned over to forces commanded by Colonel Henry Bouquet.
- 1867Tokugawa Shogunate hands power back to the Emperor of Japan, starting the Meiji Restoration.
- 1917Joseph Stalin enters the provisional government of Bolshevik Russia.
- 1947India forcibly annexes Junagadh from Pakistan.
- 1953Cambodia becomes independent from France.
- 1965Several U.S. states and parts of Canada are hit by a series of blackouts lasting up to 13 hours in the Northeast Blackout of 1965.
- 1970Vietnam War: The Supreme Court of the United States votes 6 to 3 against hearing a case to allow Massachusetts to enforce its law granting residents the right to refuse military service in an undeclared war.
- 1979Nuclear false alarm: the NORAD computers and the Alternate National Military Command Center in Fort Ritchie, Maryland detected purported massive Soviet nuclear strike. After reviewing the raw data from satellites and checking the early warning radars, the alert is cancelled.
- 1998A US federal judge ordered 37 US brokerage houses to pay 1.03 billion USD to cheated NASDAQ investors to compensate for price-fixing. This is the largest civil settlement in United States history.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1799Gustavus, Crown Prince of Sweden (d. 1877)
- 1818Ivan Turgenev, Russian writer (d. 1883)
- 1877Enrico De Nicola, 1st President of the Italian Republic (d. 1959)
- 1885Theodor Kaluza, German scientist (d. 1954)
- 1902Anthony Asquith, British film director (d. 1968)
- 1921Pierrette Alarie, Canadian operatic soprano (d. 2011)
- 1945Moeletsi Mbeki, Political and economic commentator, South African economist
- 1947Robert David Hall, American actor
- 1955Bob Nault, Canadian politician
- 1972Doug Russell, American sports radio and television personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.