November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2020 is the 314th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bessie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1282Pope Martin IV excommunicates King Peter III of Aragon.
- 1697Pope Innocent XII founds the city of Cervia.
- 1791Foundation of the Dublin Society of United Irishmen.
- 1862American Civil War: Union General Ambrose Burnside assumes command of the Army of the Potomac, after George B. McClellan is removed.
- 1906Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country. He did so to inspect progress on the Panama Canal.
- 1923In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.
- 1937Japanese troops take control of Shanghai, China.
- 1963At Miike coal mine, Miike, Japan, an explosion kills 458, and hospitalises 839 with carbon monoxide poisoning.
- 1965Catholic Worker member Roger Allen LaPorte, protesting against the Vietnam War, sets himself on fire in front of the United Nations building.
- 1998A US federal judge ordered 37 US brokerage houses to pay 1.03 billion USD to cheated NASDAQ investors to compensate for price-fixing. This is the largest civil settlement in United States history.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1606Hermann Conring, German intellectual (d. 1681)
- 1664Henry Wharton, English writer (d. 1695)
- 1840Joseph-Adolphe Chapleau, French Canadian lawyer (d. 1898)
- 1877Enrico De Nicola, 1st President of the Italian Republic (d. 1959)
- 1885Theodor Kaluza, German scientist (d. 1954)
- 1897Ronald George Wreyford Norrish, British chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1978)
- 1904Viktor Brack, Nazi physician (d. 1948)
- 1934Carl Sagan, American astronomer and writer (d. 1996)
- 1955Karen Dotrice, British actress
- 1959Thomas Quasthoff, German singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.