November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2020 is the 314th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lula’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1282Pope Martin IV excommunicates King Peter III of Aragon.
- 1313Louis the Bavarian defeats his cousin Frederick I of Austria at the Battle of Gamelsdorf.
- 1720The synagogue of Yehudah he-Hasid is burned down by Arab creditors, leading to the expulsion of the Ashkenazim from Jerusalem.
- 1861The first documented football match in Canada is played at University College, University of Toronto.
- 1862American Civil War: Union General Ambrose Burnside assumes command of the Army of the Potomac, after George B. McClellan is removed.
- 1872The Great Boston Fire of 1872.
- 1923In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.
- 1970Vietnam War: The Supreme Court of the United States votes 6 to 3 against hearing a case to allow Massachusetts to enforce its law granting residents the right to refuse military service in an undeclared war.
- 1979Nuclear false alarm: the NORAD computers and the Alternate National Military Command Center in Fort Ritchie, Maryland detected purported massive Soviet nuclear strike. After reviewing the raw data from satellites and checking the early warning radars, the alert is cancelled.
- 1998Capital punishment in the United Kingdom, already abolished for murder, is completely abolished for all remaining capital offences.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1414Albert III, Margrave of Brandenburg (d. 1486)
- 1731Benjamin Banneker, African-American astrononomer (d. 1806)
- 1862Gigo Gabashvili, Georgian painter (d. 1936)
- 1886S. O. Davies, Welsh politician (d. 1972)
- 1914Thomas Berry, American theologian and deep ecologist (d. 2009)
- 1936Daniel Robert Graham, American politician
- 1936Mary Travers, American singer and songwriter (Peter, Paul and Mary) (d. 2009)
- 1970Guido Görtzen, Dutch volleyball player
- 1973Zisis Vryzas, Greek footballer
- 1979Adam Dunn, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.