November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2021 was the 313th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UADSCNOOXFU? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UADSCNOOXFU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1313Louis the Bavarian defeats his cousin Frederick I of Austria at the Battle of Gamelsdorf.
- 1764Mary Campbell, a captive of the Lenape during the French and Indian War, is turned over to forces commanded by Colonel Henry Bouquet.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: In the Battle of Fishdam Ford a force British and Loyalist troops fail in a surprise attack against the South Carolina Patriot militia under Brigadier General Thomas Sumter.
- 1861The first documented football match in Canada is played at University College, University of Toronto.
- 1914SMS Emden sunk by HMAS Sydney in the Battle of Cocos.
- 1923In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.
- 1937Japanese troops take control of Shanghai, China.
- 1989Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to travel to West Germany. This key event led to the eventual reunification of East and West Germany.
- 1993Stari most, the “old bridge” in Bosnian Mostar built in 1566, collapses after several days of bombing.
- 2007The German Bundestag passes the controversial data retention bill mandating storage of citizens’ telecommunications traffic data for six months without probable cause.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1802Elijah P. Lovejoy, American abolitionist (d. 1837)
- 1877Enrico De Nicola, 1st President of the Italian Republic (d. 1959)
- 1905Erika Mann, German writer (d. 1969)
- 1911Tabish Dehlvi, Pakistani poet (d. 2004)
- 1921Viktor Chukarin, Soviet gymnast (d. 1984)
- 1937Roger McGough, English poet
- 1944Phil May, English singer (The Pretty Things)
- 1945Richard Goldberg, convicted American sex offender and former fugitive
- 1962Teryl Rothery, Canadian actress
- 1982Jana Pittman, Australian athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.