November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2020 is the 314th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BUIHUVUKOJ? Check your answers here: Word solver BUIHUVUKOJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 694Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims, sentencing all Jews to slavery.
- 1456Ulrich II of Celje (Slovene: Ulrik Celjski, German Ulrich von Cilli, Hungarian: Cillei Ulrik), last prince of Celje principality, is assassinated in Belgrade.
- 1720The synagogue of Yehudah he-Hasid is burned down by Arab creditors, leading to the expulsion of the Ashkenazim from Jerusalem.
- 1799Napoleon Bonaparte leads the Coup d'état of 18 Brumaire ending the Directory government, and becoming one of its three Consuls (Consulate Government).
- 1914SMS Emden sunk by HMAS Sydney in the Battle of Cocos.
- 1917Joseph Stalin enters the provisional government of Bolshevik Russia.
- 1938Nazi German diplomat Ernst vom Rath dies from the fatal gunshot wounds of Jewish resistance fighter Herschel Grynszpan, an act which the Nazis used as an excuse to instigate the 1938 national pogrom, also known as Kristallnacht.
- 1965Several U.S. states and parts of Canada are hit by a series of blackouts lasting up to 13 hours in the Northeast Blackout of 1965.
- 1989Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to travel to West Germany. This key event led to the eventual reunification of East and West Germany.
- 1993Stari most, the “old bridge” in Bosnian Mostar built in 1566, collapses after several days of bombing.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1886Ed Wynn, American actor (d. 1966)
- 1922Dorothy Dandridge, American actress and singer (d. 1965)
- 1925Sir Alistair Horne, British historian
- 1941Tom Fogerty, American musician (Creedence Clearwater Revival) (d. 1990)
- 1948Luiz Felipe Scolari, Brazilian football manager
- 1955Karen Dotrice, British actress
- 1972Corin Tucker, American musician (Sleater-Kinney)
- 1972Doug Russell, American sports radio and television personality
- 1980James Harper, English footballer
- 1985Bakary Soumaré, Malian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.