November 9: Day of the Week
November 9, 2019 is the 313rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the November calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Topaz is the modern birthstone for this month. Pearl is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
November 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1330Battle of Posada, Wallachian Voievode Basarab I defeats the Hungarian army in an ambush
- 1688The Glorious Revolution: William of Orange captures Exeter.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: In the Battle of Fishdam Ford a force British and Loyalist troops fail in a surprise attack against the South Carolina Patriot militia under Brigadier General Thomas Sumter.
- 1848Robert Blum, a German revolutionary, is executed in Vienna.
- 1907The Cullinan Diamond is presented to King Edward VII on his birthday.
- 1923In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.
- 1947India forcibly annexes Junagadh from Pakistan.
- 1967Apollo program: NASA launches the unmanned Apollo 4 test spacecraft atop the first Saturn V rocket from Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- 1989Cold War: Fall of the Berlin Wall. Communist-controlled East Germany opens checkpoints in the Berlin Wall allowing its citizens to travel to West Germany. This key event led to the eventual reunification of East and West Germany.
- 1994The chemical element Darmstadtium is discovered.
Who were born on November 9?
- 1873Otfrid Foerster, German neurologist (d. 1941)
- 1904Viktor Brack, Nazi physician (d. 1948)
- 1922Raymond Devos, French humorist (d. 2006)
- 1928Anne Sexton, American poet (d. 1974)
- 1942Tom Weiskopf, American golfer
- 1955Bob Nault, Canadian politician
- 1955Karen Dotrice, British actress
- 1962Teryl Rothery, Canadian actress
- 1981Scottie Thompson, American actress
- 1990Hodgy Beats, American rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.