October 1: Day of the Week
October 1, 2019 is the 274th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 91 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1189Gerard de Ridefort, grandmaster of the Knights Templar since 1184, is killed in the Siege of Acre.
- 1791First session of the French Legislative Assembly.
- 1795Belgium is conquered by France.
- 1905František Pavlík is killed in a demonstration in Prague, inspiring Leoš Janáček to the piano composition 1. X. 1905.
- 1910Los Angeles Times bombing: A large bomb destroys the Los Angeles Times building in downtown Los Angeles, California, killing 21.
- 1928The Soviet Union introduces its First Five-Year Plan.
- 1936Francisco Franco is named head of the Nationalist government of Spain.
- 1946Nazi leaders are sentenced at Nuremberg Trials.
- 1964The Free Speech Movement is launched on the campus of University of California, Berkeley.
- 1978The Voltaic Revolutionary Communist Party is founded.
Who were born on October 1?
- 1835Ádám Politzer, Austrian physician (d. 1920)
- 1878Othmar Spann, Austrian philosopher and economist (d. 1950)
- 1903Vladimir Horowitz, Ukrainian-born American pianist (d. 1989)
- 1904Otto Robert Frisch, Austrian-born physicist (d. 1979)
- 1924William Rehnquist, 16th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 2005)
- 1935Petros Fyssoun, Greek actor
- 1946Tim O'Brien, American writer
- 1965Andreas Keller, German field hockey player
- 1975Chulpan Khamatova, Russian actress
- 1986Sayaka, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.