October 1: Day of the Week
October 1, 2021 is the 274th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 91 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LYGRUGHEWOA? Check your answers here: Word search LYGRUGHEWOA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 1 Historical Event(s)
- 959Edgar the Peaceable becomes king of all England.
- 1787Russians under Alexander Suvorov defeat the Turks at Kinburn.
- 1880John Philip Sousa becomes leader of the United States Marine Band.
- 1890Yosemite National Park is established by the U.S. Congress.
- 1898The Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration is founded under the name k.u.k. Exportakademie.
- 1905František Pavlík is killed in a demonstration in Prague, inspiring Leoš Janáček to the piano composition 1. X. 1905.
- 1928The Soviet Union introduces its First Five-Year Plan.
- 1939After a one-month Siege of Warsaw, hostile forces enter the city.
- 1943World War II: Naples falls to Allied soldiers.
- 1961East and West Cameroon merge to form the Federal Republic of Cameroon.
Who were born on October 1?
- 1913Hélio Gracie, Brazilian martial artist (d. 2009)
- 1939Geoffrey Whitehead, English actor
- 1940Marc Savoy, American musician and instrument builder of the Cajun Accordion
- 1942Jean-Pierre Jabouille, French race car driver
- 1948Cub Koda, American singer (Brownsville Station) (d. 2000)
- 1952Jacques Martin, Canadian ice hockey coach and executive
- 1965Ted King, American actor
- 1982Aleksandar Đuričić, Serbian writer
- 1982Haruna Babangida, Nigerian footballer
- 1986Ricardo Vaz Tê, Portuguese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.