October 1: Day of the Week
October 1, 2019 is the 274th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 91 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1553Coronation of Queen Mary I of England
- 1800Spain cedes Louisiana to France via the Treaty of San Ildefonso.
- 1854The watch company founded in 1850 in Roxbury by Aaron Lufkin Dennison relocates to Waltham, Massachusetts, to become the Waltham Watch Company, a pioneer in the American system of watch manufacturing.
- 1890Yosemite National Park is established by the U.S. Congress.
- 1931The George Washington Bridge linking New Jersey and New York opens.
- 1957First appearance of In God We Trust on U.S. paper currency.
- 1969Concorde breaks the sound barrier for the first time.
- 1971The first brain-scan using x-ray computed tomography (CT or CAT scan) is performed at Atkinson Morley Hospital in Wimbledon, London.
- 1982Sony launches the first consumer compact disc player (model CDP-101).
- 1991New Zealand’s Resource Management Act 1991 comes into force.
Who were born on October 1?
- 1800Lars Levi Laestadius, Swedish botanist (d. 1861)
- 1842Charles Cros, French poet and inventor (d. 1888)
- 1890Stanley Holloway, British actor (d. 1982)
- 1924Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1925Bob Boyd, American baseball player (d. 2004)
- 1936Stella Stevens, American actress
- 1943Jean-Jacques Annaud, French film director
- 1948Cub Koda, American singer (Brownsville Station) (d. 2000)
- 1962Esai Morales, American actor
- 1971Song Il Gook, Korean actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.