October 1: Day of the Week
October 1, 2019 is the 274th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 91 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
October 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1791First session of the French Legislative Assembly.
- 1800Spain cedes Louisiana to France via the Treaty of San Ildefonso.
- 1829South African College is founded in Cape Town, South Africa; it will later separate into the University of Cape Town and the South African College Schools.
- 1908Ford puts the Model T car on the market at a price of US$825.
- 1939After a one-month Siege of Warsaw, hostile forces enter the city.
- 1946Nazi leaders are sentenced at Nuremberg Trials.
- 1947The F-86 Sabre flies for the first time.
- 1958NASA is created to replace NACA.
- 1964Japanese Shinkansen (“bullet trains”) begin high-speed rail service from Tokyo to Osaka.
- 1975The Seychelles gain internal self-government. The Ellice Islands split from Gilbert Islands and take the name Tuvalu.
Who were born on October 1?
- 1835Ádám Politzer, Austrian physician (d. 1920)
- 1908Herman David Koppel, composer and pianist (d. 1998)
- 1930Philippe Noiret, French actor (d. 2006)
- 1943Angèle Arsenault, Canadian singer and songwriter
- 1947Martin Turner, British bassist/vocalist (Wishbone Ash)
- 1961Corrie van Zyl, South African cricketer
- 1961Gary Ablett, Australian rules footballer
- 1974Keith Duffy, Irish singer (Boyzone) and actor
- 1976Kona Carmack, American model
- 1980Antonio Narciso, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.