October 10: Day of the Week
October 10, 2019 was the 283rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 82 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Theodore’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1580After a three-day siege, the English Army beheads over 600 Irish and Papal soldiers and civilians at Dún an Óir, Ireland.
- 1582Because of the implementation of the Gregorian calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1780The Great Hurricane of 1780 kills 20,000-30,000 in the Caribbean.
- 1860The original cornerstone of the University of the South is laid in Sewanee, Tennessee.
- 1911The Kowloon-Canton Railway (split into MTR East Rail Line and Guangshen Railway now) commences service between Kowloon and Canton.
- 1928Chiang Kai-Shek becomes Chairman of the Republic of China.
- 1935A coup d'état by the royalist leadership of the Greek Armed Forces takes place in Athens. It overthrows the government of Panagis Tsaldaris and establishes a regency under Georgios Kondylis, effectively ending the Second Hellenic Republic.
- 1943Double Tenth Incident in Japanese controlled Singapore
- 1971Sold, dismantled and moved to the United States, London Bridge reopens in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- 1998A Lignes Aériennes Congolaises Boeing 727 is shot down by rebels in Kindu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, killing 41 people.
Who were born on October 10?
- 1567Infanta Caterina Micaela of Spain (d. 1597)
- 1780John Abercrombie, Scottish physician (d. 1844)
- 1908Mercè Rodoreda, Catalan novelist (d. 1983)
- 1924James Clavell, Australian author (d. 1994)
- 1941Peter Coyote, American actor
- 1946Naoto Kan, Japanese politician
- 1959Bradley Whitford, American actor
- 1961Martin Kemp, British musician (Spandau Ballet) and actor
- 1968DJ Skribble, American DJ, producer, remixer, radio personality and actor
- 1979Mya Harrison, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.