October 10: Day of the Week
October 10, 2021 is the 283rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 82 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IZNWFMBOFEDA? Check your answers here: Word solver IZNWFMBOFEDA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 10 Historical Event(s)
- 19Roman general Germanicus suddenly dies in Antioch under mysterious circumstances. Roman historian Tactius records that Germanicus was poisoned by Syrian Governor Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso under orders from Roman Emperor Tiberius.
- 1631A Saxon army takes over Prague.
- 1911The Kowloon-Canton Railway (split into MTR East Rail Line and Guangshen Railway now) commences service between Kowloon and Canton.
- 1911The Wuchang Uprising leads to the demise of Qing Dynasty, the last Imperial court in China, and the founding of the Republic of China.
- 1938The Munich Agreement cedes the Sudetenland to Nazi Germany.
- 1945The Chinese Communist Party and the Kuomintang signed a principle agreement in Chongqing about the future of post-war China. Later, the pact is commonly referred to as the Double-Ten Agreement.
- 1957The Windscale fire in Cumbria, U.K. is the world’s first major nuclear accident.
- 1963France cedes control of the Bizerte naval base to Tunisia.
- 1973Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
- 2008The 10 October 2008 Orakzai bombing kills 110 and injures 200 more.
Who were born on October 10?
- 1678John Campbell, 2nd Duke of Argyll, Scottish soldier (d. 1743)
- 1731Henry Cavendish, British scientist (d. 1810)
- 1924Edward D. Wood, Jr., American filmmaker (d. 1978)
- 1930Yves Chauvin, French chemist, Nobel laureate
- 1960Ron Flockhart, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1963Jolanda de Rover, Dutch swimmer
- 1966Tony Adams, English footballer
- 1967Jonathan Littell, French-American writer
- 1969Dilsa Demirbag Sten, Swedish author and journalist
- 1984Troy Tulowitzki, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.