October 10: Day of the Week
October 10, 2020 is the 284th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 82 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Austin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 10 Historical Event(s)
- 19Roman general Germanicus suddenly dies in Antioch under mysterious circumstances. Roman historian Tactius records that Germanicus was poisoned by Syrian Governor Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso under orders from Roman Emperor Tiberius.
- 1575Battle of Dormans: Roman Catholic forces under Duke Henry of Guise defeat the Protestants, capturing Philippe de Mornay among others.
- 1582Because of the implementation of the Gregorian calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1860The original cornerstone of the University of the South is laid in Sewanee, Tennessee.
- 1944Holocaust: 800 Gypsy children are murdered at Auschwitz concentration camp.
- 1957The Windscale fire in Cumbria, U.K. is the world’s first major nuclear accident.
- 1967The Outer Space Treaty, signed on January 27 by more than sixty nations, comes into force.
- 1972The 1972 Chicago commuter rail crash, killing 48, occurs due to foggy conditions. The accident’s response pushes for changes in Chicago commuter rail, such as brightly colored ends on the cars.
- 1973Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
- 1998A Lignes Aériennes Congolaises Boeing 727 is shot down by rebels in Kindu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, killing 41 people.
Who were born on October 10?
- 1895Fridolf Rhudin Swedish actor and comedian (d. 1935)
- 1930Mustafa Zaidi, Pakistani poet (d. 1970)
- 1936Gerhard Ertl, German surface chemist, Nobel laureate, 2007.
- 1942Radu Vasile, Romanian Prime Minister
- 1943Frederick Barthelme, American author
- 1948Séverine, French singer
- 1961Henrik Jørgensen, Danish marathon runner
- 1979Nicolás Massú, Chilean tennis player
- 1981Francisco Javier Rodríguez, Mexican footballer
- 1987Ryan Mathews, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.