October 10: Day of the Week
October 10, 2021 is the 283rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 82 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SYNRSUFYXOU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters SYNRSUFYXOU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1860The original cornerstone of the University of the South is laid in Sewanee, Tennessee.
- 1911The Kowloon-Canton Railway (split into MTR East Rail Line and Guangshen Railway now) commences service between Kowloon and Canton.
- 1933United Airlines Chesterton Crash: A United Airlines Boeing 247 is destroyed by sabotage, the first such proven case in the history of commercial aviation.
- 1943Double Tenth Incident in Japanese controlled Singapore
- 1957U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower apologizes to the finance minister of Ghana, Komla Agbeli Gbdemah, after he is refused service in a Dover, Delaware restaurant.
- 1971Sold, dismantled and moved to the United States, London Bridge reopens in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- 1973Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
- 1997An Austral Airlines DC-9-32 crashes and explodes near Nuevo Berlin, Uruguay, killing 74.
- 1998A Lignes Aériennes Congolaises Boeing 727 is shot down by rebels in Kindu, Democratic Republic of the Congo, killing 41 people.
- 2006The Greek city of Volos floods in one of the prefecture’s worst recorded floods.
Who were born on October 10?
- 1863Helen Dunbar, American actress (d. 1933)
- 1917Thelonious Monk, American jazz pianist (d. 1982)
- 1949Ioannis Glavakis, Greek politician
- 1958Tanya Tucker, American singer
- 1965Chris Penn, American actor (d. 2006)
- 1967Gavin Newsom, American politician
- 1967Mike Malinin, American drummer (Goo Goo Dolls)
- 1968DJ Skribble, American DJ, producer, remixer, radio personality and actor
- 1979Joel Przybilla, American basketball player
- 1980Casey FitzSimmons, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.