October 10: Day of the Week
October 10, 2020 is the 284th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 82 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lauren’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 10 Historical Event(s)
- 19Roman general Germanicus suddenly dies in Antioch under mysterious circumstances. Roman historian Tactius records that Germanicus was poisoned by Syrian Governor Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso under orders from Roman Emperor Tiberius.
- 680Battle of Karbala: Hussain bin Ali, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, is decapitated by forces under Caliph Yazid I. This is commemorated by Muslims as Aashurah.
- 1580After a three-day siege, the English Army beheads over 600 Irish and Papal soldiers and civilians at Dún an Óir, Ireland.
- 1780The Great Hurricane of 1780 kills 20,000-30,000 in the Caribbean.
- 1935A coup d'état by the royalist leadership of the Greek Armed Forces takes place in Athens. It overthrows the government of Panagis Tsaldaris and establishes a regency under Georgios Kondylis, effectively ending the Second Hellenic Republic.
- 1945The Chinese Communist Party and the Kuomintang signed a principle agreement in Chongqing about the future of post-war China. Later, the pact is commonly referred to as the Double-Ten Agreement.
- 1957U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower apologizes to the finance minister of Ghana, Komla Agbeli Gbdemah, after he is refused service in a Dover, Delaware restaurant.
- 1963France cedes control of the Bizerte naval base to Tunisia.
- 1971Sold, dismantled and moved to the United States, London Bridge reopens in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- 1972The 1972 Chicago commuter rail crash, killing 48, occurs due to foggy conditions. The accident’s response pushes for changes in Chicago commuter rail, such as brightly colored ends on the cars.
Who were born on October 10?
- 1678John Campbell, 2nd Duke of Argyll, Scottish soldier (d. 1743)
- 1895Fridolf Rhudin Swedish actor and comedian (d. 1935)
- 1908Johnny Green, American songwriter, arranger and conductor (d. 1989)
- 1923Nicholas Parsons, English actor
- 1969Dilsa Demirbag Sten, Swedish author and journalist
- 1971Evgeny Kissin, Russian pianist
- 1974Julio Ricardo Cruz, Argentinian footballer
- 1976Pat Burrell, American baseball player
- 1976Shane Doan, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Dominique Cornu, Belgian professional cyclist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.