October 11: Day of the Week
October 11, 2019 was the 284th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 81 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tracey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1767Surveying for the Mason–Dixon Line separating Maryland from Pennsylvania is completed.
- 1797Battle of Camperdown: Naval battle between Royal Navy and Royal Netherlands Navy during the French Revolutionary Wars. The outcome of the battle was a decisive British victory.
- 1833A big demonstration at the gates of the legislature of Buenos Aires forces the ousting of governor Juan Ramón Balcarce and his replacement with Juan José Viamonte.
- 1852The University of Sydney, Australia’s oldest university, is inaugurated in Sydney.
- 1899Second Boer War begins: In South Africa, a war between the United Kingdom and the Boers of the Transvaal and Orange Free State erupts.
- 1929JC Penney opens store #1252 in Milford, Delaware, making it a nationwide company with stores in all 48 U.S. states.
- 1958Pioneer program: NASA launches the lunar probe Pioneer 1 (the probe falls back to Earth and burns up).
- 1962Second Vatican Council: Pope John XXIII convenes the first ecumenical council of the Roman Catholic Church in 92 years.
- 2000NASA launches STS-92, the 100th Space Shuttle mission, using Space Shuttle Discovery.
- 2002A bomb attack in a shopping mall in Vantaa, Finland kills seven.
Who were born on October 11?
- 1912Betty Noyes, singer who dubbed Debbie Reynolds‘ singing voice in Singin’in the Rain (d. 1987)
- 1926Thích Nhất Hạnh, Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk
- 1949Henry Luke Orombi, Archbishop of Uganda
- 1957Paul Bown, English actor
- 1962Joan Cusack, American actress and comedian
- 1965Orlando Hernández, Cuban baseball player
- 1967David Starr, American race car driver
- 1971Petra Haden, American musician
- 1977Ty Wigginton, American baseball player
- 1979Bae Doona, South Korean model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.