October 11: Day of the Week
October 11, 2021 is the 284th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 81 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aaron’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1138A massive earthquake strikes Aleppo, Syria.
- 1727George II and Caroline of Ansbach are crowned King and Queen of Great Britain.
- 1852The University of Sydney, Australia’s oldest university, is inaugurated in Sydney.
- 1864Campina Grande, Brazil is established as a city.
- 1899The Western League is renamed the American League.
- 1906San Francisco public school board sparks United States diplomatic crisis with Japan by ordering Japanese students to be taught in racially segregated schools.
- 1912First Balkan War: The Greek Army liberates the city of Kozani.
- 1962Second Vatican Council: Pope John XXIII convenes the first ecumenical council of the Roman Catholic Church in 92 years.
- 1987Start of Operation Pawan by Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka that killed few thousand ethnic Tamil civilians, several hundred Tamil Tigers and few hundred Indian Army soldiers.
- 2001The Polaroid Corporation files for federal bankruptcy protection.
Who were born on October 11?
- 1671Frederick IV of Denmark (d. 1730)
- 1809Orson Squire Fowler, American phrenologist (d. 1887)
- 1884Sig Ruman, German-American actor (d. 1967)
- 1929Liselotte Pulver, Swiss actress
- 1941Lester Bowie, American jazz trumpeter (d. 1999)
- 1944Rodney Marsh, English Footballer
- 1946Sawao Kato, Japanese gymnast
- 1962Andy McCoy, Finnish musician Hanoi Rocks
- 1974Jamie Thomas, American skateboarder
- 1984Martha MacIsaac, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.