October 11: Day of the Week
October 11, 2020 is the 285th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 81 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Caitlyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1727George II and Caroline of Ansbach are crowned King and Queen of Great Britain.
- 1811Inventor John Stevens’ boat, the Juliana, begins operation as the first steam-powered ferry (service between New York City, New York, and Hoboken, New Jersey).
- 1852The University of Sydney, Australia’s oldest university, is inaugurated in Sydney.
- 1865Paul Bogle led hundreds of black men and women in a march in Jamaica, starting the Morant Bay rebellion.
- 1906San Francisco public school board sparks United States diplomatic crisis with Japan by ordering Japanese students to be taught in racially segregated schools.
- 1942World War II: Battle of Cape Esperance – On the northwest coast of Guadalcanal, United States Navy ships intercept and defeat a Japanese fleet on their way to reinforce troops on the island.
- 1944Tuvinian People’s Republic or formerly Tannu Tuva is annexed by the U.S.S.R
- 1954First Indochina War: The Viet Minh take control of North Vietnam.
- 1972A race riot occurs on the United States Navy aircraft carrier Kitty Hawk off the coast of Vietnam during Operation Linebacker.
- 1987Start of Operation Pawan by Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka that killed few thousand ethnic Tamil civilians, several hundred Tamil Tigers and few hundred Indian Army soldiers.
Who were born on October 11?
- 1936Billy Higgins, American jazz drummer (d. 2001)
- 1946Gary Mallaber, American musician
- 1952Paulette Carlson, country music singer-songwriter
- 1954Vojislav Seselj, Serbian politician
- 1960Nicola Bryant, English actress
- 1968Brett Salisbury, American football player and author
- 1969Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
- 1969Stephen Moyer, British actor
- 1970Chidi Ahanotu, American football player
- 1982Terrell Suggs, American Football Player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.