October 11: Day of the Week
October 11, 2021 is the 284th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 81 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YGRAUYLGEHEZI? Check your answers here: Word scramble YGRAUYLGEHEZI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1614Adriaen Block and 12 Amsterdam merchants petition the States General for exclusive trading rights in the New Netherland colony.
- 1767Surveying for the Mason–Dixon Line separating Maryland from Pennsylvania is completed.
- 1797Battle of Camperdown: Naval battle between Royal Navy and Royal Netherlands Navy during the French Revolutionary Wars. The outcome of the battle was a decisive British victory.
- 1809Along the Natchez Trace in Tennessee, explorer Meriwether Lewis dies under mysterious circumstances at an inn called Grinder’s Stand.
- 1906San Francisco public school board sparks United States diplomatic crisis with Japan by ordering Japanese students to be taught in racially segregated schools.
- 1929JC Penney opens store #1252 in Milford, Delaware, making it a nationwide company with stores in all 48 U.S. states.
- 1941Beginning of the National Liberation War of Macedonia.
- 1950Television: CBS’s mechanical color system is the first to be licensed for broadcast by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- 1975The NBC sketch comedy/variety show Saturday Night Live debuts with George Carlin as the host and Andy Kaufman, Janis Ian and Billy Preston as guests.
- 2001The Polaroid Corporation files for federal bankruptcy protection.
Who were born on October 11?
- 1758Heinrich Wilhelm Matthäus Olbers, German astronomer (d. 1840)
- 1815Pierre Napoleon Bonaparte, Italian-born adventurer (d. 1881)
- 1924Mal Whitfield, American athlete
- 1937R. H. W. Dillard, American poet
- 1946Sawao Kato, Japanese gymnast
- 1964Michael J. Nelson, American actor
- 1969Stephen Moyer, British actor
- 1977Matthew Bomer, American actor
- 1979Andy Douglas, American professional wrestler
- 1982Terrell Suggs, American Football Player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.