October 14: Day of the Week
October 14, 2020 is the 288th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 78 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kaden’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1910The English aviator Claude Grahame-White lands his Farman Aircraft biplane on Executive Avenue near the White House in Washington, D.C.
- 1933Nazi Germany withdraws from The League of Nations.
- 1938The first flight of the Curtiss Aircraft Company’s P-40 Warhawk fighter plane.
- 1940Balham subway station disaster, in London, England, occurs during the Nazi Luftwaffe air raids on Great Britain.
- 1952Korean War: United Nations and South Korean forces launch Operation Showdown against Chinese strongholds at the Iron Triangle. The resulting Battle of Triangle Hill is the biggest and bloodiest battle of 1952.
- 1968Vietnam War: The United States Department of Defense announces that the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps will send about 24,000 soldiers and Marines back to Vietnam for involuntary second tours of duty in the combat zone there.
- 1979The first Gay Rights March on Washington, D.C., the National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights, demands “an end to all social, economic, judicial, and legal oppression of lesbian and gay people”, and draws 200,000 people.
- 1981Vice President Hosni Mubarak is elected as the President of Egypt one week after the assassination of the President of Egypt, Anwar Sadat.
- 1998Eric Robert Rudolph is charged with six bombings including the 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2006College football brawl between University of Miami and Florida International University leads to suspensions of 31 players of both teams.
Who were born on October 14?
- 1630Sophia of Hanover, Princess Palatine and Electress of Saxony (d. 1714)
- 1644William Penn, English founder of Pennsylvania (d. 1718)
- 1888Katherine Mansfield, New Zealand writer (d. 1923)
- 1958Aino-Maija Luukkonen, Finnish politician
- 1963Yim Jae-beom, South Korean singer
- 1967Savanna Samson, American porn star
- 1974Samuel, Brazilian footballer
- 1977Tina Dico, Danish singer-songwriter
- 1980Paul Ambrosi, Ecuadorian footballer
- 1985Daniel Clark, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.