October 14: Day of the Week
October 14, 2019 is the 287th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 78 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Christian’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1805Battle of Elchingen, France defeats Austria.
- 1912While campaigning in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the former President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, is shot and mildly wounded by John Schrank, a mentally-disturbed saloon keeper. With the fresh wound in his chest, and the bullet still within it, Mr. Roosevelt still carries out his scheduled public speech.
- 1925An Anti-French uprising in French-occupied Damascus, Syria. (All French inhabitants flee the city.)
- 1939The GS U-47 sinks the British battleship HMS Royal Oak within her harbour at Scapa Flow, Scotland.
- 1940Balham subway station disaster, in London, England, occurs during the Nazi Luftwaffe air raids on Great Britain.
- 1944Athens, Greece, is liberated by British Army troops entering the city as the Wehrmacht pulls out during World War II. This clears the way for the Greek government-in-exile to return to its historic capital city, with George Papandreou, Sr., as the head-of-government.
- 1956Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian Untouchable caste leader, converts to Buddhism along with 385,000 of his followers (see Neo-Buddhism).
- 1968Vietnam War: 27 soldiers are arrested at the Presidio of San Francisco in California for their peaceful protest of stockade conditions and the Vietnam War.
- 1983Maurice Bishop, Prime Minister of Grenada, is overthrown and later executed in a military coup d'état led by Bernard Coard.
- 1994The Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, The Prime Minister of Israel, Yitzhak Rabin, and the Foreign Minister of Israel, Shimon Peres, receive the Nobel Peace Prize for their role in the establishment of the Oslo Accords and the framing of the future Palestinian Self Government.
Who were born on October 14?
- 1493Shimazu Tadayoshi, Japanese warlord (d. 1568)
- 1733François Sebastien Charles Joseph de Croix, Count of Clerfayt, Austrian field marshal (d. 1798)
- 1910John Wooden, American basketball player and coach (d. 2010)
- 1911Lê Ðức Thọ, Vietnamese general and politician, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1990)
- 1914Raymond Davis Jr., American physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 2006)
- 1963Lori Petty, American actress
- 1974Viktor Röthlin, Swiss marathoner
- 1977Joey Didulica, Croatian football goalkeeper
- 1977Tina Dico, Danish singer-songwriter
- 1978Paul Hunter, English snooker player (d. 2006)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.