October 14, 1968: Day of the Week
October 14, 1968 was the 288th day of the year 1968 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 78 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 50 years old today. If that same person saved a dollar every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $16,690.00 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October 1968 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1968 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Monkey is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
October 14, 1968 Historical Event(s)
- 1968An earthquake rated at 6.8 on the Richter Scale destroys the Australian town of Meckering, Western Australia, and it also ruptures all nearby main highways and railroads.
- 1968Jim Hines of the United States of America becomes the first man ever to break the so-called “ten-second barrier” in the 100-meter sprint in the Summer Olympic Games held in Mexico City with a time of 9.95 seconds.
- 1968The first live telecast from a manned spacecraft, the Apollo 7, launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration of the U.S.A.
- 1968Vietnam War: 27 soldiers are arrested at the Presidio of San Francisco in California for their peaceful protest of stockade conditions and the Vietnam War.
- 1968Vietnam War: The United States Department of Defense announces that the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps will send about 24,000 soldiers and Marines back to Vietnam for involuntary second tours of duty in the combat zone there.
Who were born on October 14, 1968?
- 1968Johnny Goudie, American musician
- 1968Matthew Le Tissier, English footballer
[ Ad ] Did you know? In the United States, the most popular girl name in 1968 was Lisa with 49,532 new baby girls. For the boys, it’s Michael with 82,006 new baby boys. That’s a lot of Lisa and Michael! (Source: ssa.gov)