October 15: Day of the Week
October 15, 2019 is the 288th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 77 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Natalia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1917World War I: At Vincennes outside of Paris, Dutch dancer Mata Hari is executed by firing squad for spying for the German Empire.
- 1932Tata Airlines (later to become Air India) makes its first flight.
- 1934The Soviet Republic of China collapses when Chiang Kai-shek’s National Revolutionary Army successfully encircles Ruijin, forcing the fleeing Communists to begin the Long March.
- 1940The President of Catalonia, Lluís Companys, is executed by the Spanish dictatorship of Francisco Franco, making him the only European president to have been executed.
- 1944The Arrow Cross Party (very similar to Hitler’s NSDAP (Nazi party)) takes power in Hungary.
- 1945World War II: The former premier of Vichy France Pierre Laval is shot by a firing squad for treason.
- 1953British nuclear test Totem 1 detonated at Emu Field, South Australia.
- 2001NASA’s Galileo spacecraft passes within 112 miles of Jupiter’s moon Io.
- 2008The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed down 733.08 points, or 7.87%, the second worst day in the Dow’s history based on a percentage drop.
- 2011Global protests break out in 951 cities in 82 countries.
Who were born on October 15?
- 1853Jan Harte van Tecklenburg, Dutch politician (d. 1937)
- 1900Mervyn LeRoy, American film director (d. 1987)
- 1920Henri Verneuil, French film director (d. 2002)
- 1920Mario Puzo, American novelist (d. 1999)
- 1926James E. Akins, American diplomat and adviser to Richard Nixon (d. 2010)
- 1951Peter Richardson, English actor, comedian, and writer
- 1969Dominic West, British actor
- 1976Christian Allen, American video game designer
- 1977Patricio Urrutia, Ecuadorian footballer
- 1983Bruno Senna, Brazilian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.