October 16: Day of the Week
October 16, 2021 is the 289th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 76 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KVWSRAJJIMO? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters KVWSRAJJIMO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1793Marie Antoinette, widow of Louis XVI, is guillotined at the height of the French Revolution.
- 1875Brigham Young University is founded in Provo, Utah.
- 1916In Brooklyn, New York, Margaret Sanger opens the first family planning clinic in the United States.
- 1968Kingston, Jamaica is rocked by the Rodney Riots, inspired by the barring of Walter Rodney from the country.
- 1973Henry Kissinger and Le Duc Tho are awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- 1975The Balibo Five, a group of Australian television journalists based in the town of Balibo in the then Portuguese Timor (now East Timor), are killed by Indonesian troops.
- 1978Pope John Paul II is elected after the October 1978 Papal conclave.
- 1978Wanda Rutkiewicz is the first Pole and the first European woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- 1986Reinhold Messner becomes the first person to summit all 14 Eight-thousanders.
- 1995The Million Man March occurs in Washington, D.C.
Who were born on October 16?
- 1483Gasparo Contarini, Italian diplomat and cardinal (d. 1542)
- 1883Vasiliki Maliaros, Greek actress (d. 1973)
- 1944Kaizer Motaung, Southafrican footballer and footballmanager
- 1953Paulo Roberto Falcão, Brazilian footballer
- 1959Marc Collins-Rector, American businessman and sex offender
- 1969Terri J. Vaughn, American actress
- 1975Kellie Martin, American actress
- 1980Jeremy Jackson, American actor
- 1982Pippa Black, Australian actress
- 1982Prithviraj Sukumaran, Indian Film Actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.