October 16, 1975: Day of the Week
October 16, 1975 was the 289th day of the year 1975 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 76 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 47 years old today. If that same person saved a dollar every day starting at age 3, then by now that person has accumulated $16,298.00 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October 1975 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1975 calendar.
Curious to discover some fun October 16, 1975 birthday facts? Know some interesting info about your day of birth including famous birthdays and the meaning of your birth. Listen to the number-one song on the day you were born. (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TYMOJIYDABQII? Check your answers here: Word solver TYMOJIYDABQII. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Rabbit is the mythical animal and Wood is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
October 16, 1975 Historical Event(s)
- 1975Rahima Banu, a two-year old girl from the village of Kuralia in Bangladesh, is the last known person to be infected with naturally occurring smallpox.
- 1975The Australian Coalition opposition parties using their senate majority, vote to defer the decision to grant supply of funds for the Whitlam Government’s annual budget, sparking the 1975 Australian constitutional crisis.
- 1975The Balibo Five, a group of Australian television journalists based in the town of Balibo in the then Portuguese Timor (now East Timor), are killed by Indonesian troops.
Who were born on October 16, 1975?
- 1975Brynjar Gunnarsson, Icelandic footballer
- 1975Ernesto Noel Aquino, Honduran footballer
- 1975Jacques Kallis, South African cricketer
- 1975Kellie Martin, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.