October 19: Day of the Week
October 19, 2018 was the 292nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 73 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1812Napoleon I of France retreats from Moscow.
- 1864Battle of Cedar Creek – Union Army under Philip Sheridan destroys a Confederate Army under Jubal Early.
- 1866Venice - Annexion of Veneto and Mantua to Italy - At Hotel Europa, Austria hands over Veneto to France, which hands it immediately over to Italy.
- 1912Italy takes possession of Tripoli, Libya from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1933Germany withdraws from the League of Nations.
- 1935The League of Nations places economic sanctions on fascist Italy for its invasion of Ethiopia.
- 1943Streptomycin, the first antibiotic remedy for tuberculosis, is isolated by researchers at Rutgers University.
- 1989The convictions of the Guildford Four are quashed by the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, after they had spent 15 years in prison.
- 2004Myanmar prime minister Khin Nyunt is ousted and placed under house arrest by the State Peace and Development Council on charges of corruption.
- 2007Philippines: A bomb explosion rocked Glorietta 2, a shopping mall in Makati. The blast killed 11 and injured more than 100 people.
Who were born on October 19?
- 1680John Abernethy, Irish Protestant minister (d. 1740)
- 1718Victor-François, 2nd duc de Broglie, Marshal of France (d. 1804)
- 1814Theodoros Vryzakis, Greek painter (d. 1878)
- 1900Roy Worters, Canadian ice hockey goaltender (d. 1957)
- 1915Farid al-Atrash, Syrian composer, musician, and actor (d. 1974)
- 1947Giorgio Cavazzano, Italian comic strip artist
- 1949Jamie McGrigor, British politician
- 1956Bruce Weber, American basketball coach
- 1966Roger R. Cross, Jamaican-born actor
- 1979José Luis López, Mexican footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.