October 19: Day of the Week
October 19, 2019 is the 292nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 73 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1386The Universität Heidelberg held its first lecture, making it the oldest German university.
- 1822In Parnaíba; Simplício Dias da Silva, João Cândido de Deus e Silva and Domingos Dias declare the independent state of Piauí.
- 1954First ascent of Cho Oyu.
- 1959The first discothèque opens, the Scotch-Club in Aachen, Germany.
- 1974Niue becomes a self-governing colony of New Zealand.
- 1986Samora Machel, President of Mozambique and a prominent leader of FRELIMO, and 33 others die when their Tupolev 134 plane crashes into the Lebombo Mountains.
- 1989The convictions of the Guildford Four are quashed by the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, after they had spent 15 years in prison.
- 2003Mother Teresa is beatified by Pope John Paul II.
- 2004Myanmar prime minister Khin Nyunt is ousted and placed under house arrest by the State Peace and Development Council on charges of corruption.
- 2007Philippines: A bomb explosion rocked Glorietta 2, a shopping mall in Makati. The blast killed 11 and injured more than 100 people.
Who were born on October 19?
- 1680John Abernethy, Irish Protestant minister (d. 1740)
- 1826Ralph Tollemache, British clergyman (d. 1895)
- 1917Walter Munk, Austrian-born American oceanographer
- 1937Peter Max, American artist
- 1945Jeannie C. Riley American country and gospel singer
- 1956Grover Norquist, American political figure
- 1969John Edward, American TV Psychic
- 1976Dan Smith, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1977Louis-José Houde, Canadian stand-up comic
- 1980José Bautista, Dominican baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.