October 19: Day of the Week
October 19, 2020 is the 293rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 73 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carmen’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 19 Historical Event(s)
- 202 BCSecond Punic War: At the Battle of Zama, Roman legions under Scipio Africanus defeat Hannibal Barca, leader of the army defending Carthage.
- 1216King John of England dies at Newark-on-Trent and is succeeded by his nine-year-old son Henry.
- 1781At Yorktown, Virginia, representatives of British commander Lord Cornwallis handed over Cornwallis’ sword and formally surrendered to George Washington and the comte de Rochambeau.
- 1900Max Planck, in his house at Grunewald, on the outskirts of Berlin, discovers the law of black body emission (Planck’s law).
- 1904Polytechnic University of the Philippines founded as Manila Business School through the superintendence of the American C.A. O'Reilley.
- 1943Streptomycin, the first antibiotic remedy for tuberculosis, is isolated by researchers at Rutgers University.
- 1954First ascent of Cho Oyu.
- 1973President Richard Nixon rejects an Appeals Court decision that he turn over the Watergate tapes.
- 1976Battle of Aishiya in Lebanon.
- 1986Samora Machel, President of Mozambique and a prominent leader of FRELIMO, and 33 others die when their Tupolev 134 plane crashes into the Lebombo Mountains.
Who were born on October 19?
- 1903Tor Johnson, Swedish wrestler and actor (d. 1971)
- 1918Russel Kirk, American author and political theorist (d. 1994)
- 1926Arne Bendiksen, Norwegian singer and songwriter (d. 2009)
- 1945John Lithgow, American actor
- 1956Bruce Weber, American basketball coach
- 1973Joaquin Gage, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1978Henri Sorvali, Finnish musician
- 1982Gonzalo Pineda, Mexican footballer
- 1984Kaio de Almeida, Brazilian swimmer
- 1993Abby Sunderland, American sailor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.