October 26: Day of the Week
October 26, 2021 is the 299th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 66 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ETKEVTEB? Check your answers here: Word finder ETKEVTEB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1689General Piccolomini of Austria burned down Skopje to prevent the spread of cholera. He died of cholera himself soon after.
- 1860Meeting of Teano. Giuseppe Garibaldi, conqueror of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, gives it to King Victor Emmanuel II of Italy.
- 1912First Balkan War: The Ottoman occupied city of Thessaloniki, is liberated and unified with Greece on the feast day of its patron Saint Demetrius. On the same day, Serbian troops captured Skopje.
- 1917World War I: Brazil declared in state of war with Central Powers.
- 1921The Chicago Theatre opens.
- 1943World War II: First flight of the Dornier Do 335 “Pfeil”.
- 1958Pan American Airways makes the first commercial flight of the Boeing 707 from New York City to Paris, France.
- 1967Mohammad Reza Pahlavi crowns himself Emperor of Iran and then crowns his wife Farah Empress of Iran.
- 1985The Australian government returns ownership of Uluru to the local Pitjantjatjara Aborigines.
- 1992The London Ambulance Service is thrown into chaos after the implementation of a new CAD, or Computer Aided Dispatch, system which failed.
Who were born on October 26?
- 1491Zhengde Emperor of China (d. 1521)
- 1850Grigore Tocilescu, Romanian historian, archaeologist, epigrapher and folkorist (d. 1909)
- 1873Thorvald Stauning, Prime Minister of Denmark (d. 1942)
- 1893Miloš Crnjanski, Serbian poet and author (d. 1977)
- 1915Joe Fry, British racing driver (d. 1950)
- 1947Trevor Joyce, Irish poet
- 1957Bob Golic, American football player
- 1957Julie Dawn Cole, British actress
- 1983Luke Watson, South African rugby player
- 1985Andrea Bargnani, Italian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.