October 26: Day of the Week
October 26, 2019 is the 299th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 66 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gianna’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1640The Treaty of Ripon is signed, restoring peace between Scotland and Charles I of England.
- 1813War of 1812: Canadians and Mohawks defeat the Americans in the Battle of Chateauguay.
- 1881The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral takes place at Tombstone, Arizona.
- 1918Erich Ludendorff, quartermaster-general of the Imperial German Army, is dismissed by Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany for refusing to cooperate in peace negotiations.
- 1921The Chicago Theatre opens.
- 1936The first electric generator at Hoover Dam goes into full operation.
- 1942World War II: In the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands during the Guadalcanal Campaign, one U.S. aircraft carrier, Hornet, is sunk and another aircraft carrier, Enterprise, is heavily damaged.
- 1968Soviet cosmonaut Georgy Beregovoy pilots Soyuz 3 into space for a four-day mission.
- 1995Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Mossad agents assassinate Islamic Jihad leader Fathi Shikaki in his hotel in Malta.
- 1999Britain’s House of Lords votes to end the right of hereditary peers to vote in Britain’s upper chamber of Parliament.
Who were born on October 26?
- 1849Ferdinand Georg Frobenius, German mathematician (d. 1917)
- 1880Andrei Bely, Russian writer (d. 1934)
- 1883Napoleon Hill, American writer and philosopher (d. 1970)
- 1913Charlie Barnet, American jazz saxophonist and bandleader (d. 1991)
- 1933Takis Kanellopoulos, Greek film director and screenwriter (d. 1990)
- 1940John Horgan, author, professor and politician
- 1946Holly Woodlawn, Puerto Rican actress
- 1947Ian Ashley, British racing driver
- 1973Taka Michinoku, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1986Ibor Bakar, Comorian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.