October 26: Day of the Week
October 26, 2021 is the 299th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 66 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MAIRTU? Check your answers here: Word scramble MAIRTU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 26 Historical Event(s)
- 306Martyrdom of Saint Demetrius of Thessaloniki
- 1640The Treaty of Ripon is signed, restoring peace between Scotland and Charles I of England.
- 1775King George III goes before Parliament to declare the American colonies in rebellion, and authorized a military response to quell the American Revolution.
- 1776Benjamin Franklin departs from America for France on a mission to seek French support for the American Revolution.
- 1909Itō Hirobumi, Resident-General of Korea, was shot to death by Korean independence supporter Ahn Jung-geun at the Harbin train station in Manchuria.
- 1921The Chicago Theatre opens.
- 1936The first electric generator at Hoover Dam goes into full operation.
- 1943World War II: First flight of the Dornier Do 335 “Pfeil”.
- 1955Ngô Đình Diệm declares himself Premier of South Vietnam.
- 1992The Charlottetown Accord fails to win majority support in a Canada wide referendum.
Who were born on October 26?
- 1902Beryl Markham, Kenyan horse trainer and author (d. 1986)
- 1902Jack Sharkey, American boxer (d. 1994)
- 1916Boyd Wagner, First USAAF fighter ace of World War II (d. 1942)
- 1959Brian Bovell, British actor
- 1964Thomas Cavanagh, Canadian actor
- 1966Jeanne Zelasko, American sportcaster
- 1973Taka Michinoku, Japanese professional wrestler
- 1983Luke Watson, South African rugby player
- 1985Kieran Read, New Zealand rugby player
- 1987Shawn Lauvao, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.