October 26: Day of the Week
October 26, 2023 is the 299th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 66 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GEQSEROIEBVGK? Check your answers here: Word scramble GEQSEROIEBVGK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1775King George III goes before Parliament to declare the American colonies in rebellion, and authorized a military response to quell the American Revolution.
- 1860Meeting of Teano. Giuseppe Garibaldi, conqueror of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, gives it to King Victor Emmanuel II of Italy.
- 1909Itō Hirobumi, Resident-General of Korea, was shot to death by Korean independence supporter Ahn Jung-geun at the Harbin train station in Manchuria.
- 1955Ngô Đình Diệm declares himself Premier of South Vietnam.
- 1964Eric Edgar Cooke becomes last person in Western Australia to be executed.
- 1984“Baby Fae” receives a heart transplant from a baboon.
- 1985The Australian government returns ownership of Uluru to the local Pitjantjatjara Aborigines.
- 1999Britain’s House of Lords votes to end the right of hereditary peers to vote in Britain’s upper chamber of Parliament.
- 2002Moscow Theatre Siege: Approximately 50 Chechen terrorists and 150 hostages die when Russian Spetsnaz storm a theater building in Moscow, which had been occupied by the terrorists during a musical performance three days before.
- 2003The Cedar Fire, the second-largest fire in California history, kills 15 people, consumes 250,000 acre, and destroys 2,200 homes around San Diego.
Who were born on October 26?
- 1854C. W. Post, American entrepreneur (d. 1914)
- 1899Judy Johnson, American baseball player (d. 1989)
- 1916Boyd Wagner, First USAAF fighter ace of World War II (d. 1942)
- 1916François Mitterrand, President of France (d. 1996)
- 1925Jan Wolkers, Dutch author (d. 2007)
- 1948Toby Harrah, American baseball player
- 1953Keith Strickland, American musician (The B-52's)
- 1957Julie Dawn Cole, British actress
- 1966Jeanne Zelasko, American sportcaster
- 1974Raveena Tandon, Indian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.