October 26: Day of the Week
October 26, 2021 is the 299th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 66 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MJEMIEISBO? Check your answers here: Word scramble MJEMIEISBO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 26 Historical Event(s)
- 1640The Treaty of Ripon is signed, restoring peace between Scotland and Charles I of England.
- 1795The French Directory, a five-man revolutionary government, is created.
- 1912First Balkan War: The Ottoman occupied city of Thessaloniki, is liberated and unified with Greece on the feast day of its patron Saint Demetrius. On the same day, Serbian troops captured Skopje.
- 1947The Maharaja of Kashmir agrees to allow his kingdom to join India.
- 1955Ngô Đình Diệm declares himself Premier of South Vietnam.
- 1958Pan American Airways makes the first commercial flight of the Boeing 707 from New York City to Paris, France.
- 1964Eric Edgar Cooke becomes last person in Western Australia to be executed.
- 1977The last natural case of smallpox is discovered in Merca district, Somalia. The WHO and the CDC consider this date the anniversary of the eradication of smallpox, the most spectacular success of vaccination.
- 1999Britain’s House of Lords votes to end the right of hereditary peers to vote in Britain’s upper chamber of Parliament.
- 2002Moscow Theatre Siege: Approximately 50 Chechen terrorists and 150 hostages die when Russian Spetsnaz storm a theater building in Moscow, which had been occupied by the terrorists during a musical performance three days before.
Who were born on October 26?
- 1491Zhengde Emperor of China (d. 1521)
- 1684Kurt Christoph Graf von Schwerin, Prussian field marshal (d. 1757)
- 1869Washington Luís Pereira de Sousa, President of Brazil (d. 1957)
- 1909Dante Quinterno, Argentine comics artist (d. 2003)
- 1948Toby Harrah, American baseball player
- 1957Bob Golic, American football player
- 1966Jeanne Zelasko, American sportcaster
- 1970Dian Bachar, American actor
- 1979Movsar Barayev, Chechen militant (d. 2002)
- 1981Sam Brown, American comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.