October 27: Day of the Week
October 27, 2018 was the 300th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 65 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 27 Historical Event(s)
- 710Saracen invasion of Sardinia.
- 1870Marshal François Achille Bazaine surrenders to Prussian forces at Metz along with 140,000 French soldiers in one of the biggest French defeats of the Franco-Prussian War.
- 1924The Uzbek SSR is founded in the Soviet Union.
- 1936Mrs Wallis Simpson files for divorce which would eventually allow her to marry King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, thus forcing his abdication from the throne.
- 1948Léopold Sédar Senghor founds the Senegalese Democratic Bloc.
- 1953British nuclear test Totem 2 is carried out at Emu Field, South Australia.
- 1964Ronald Reagan delivers a speech on behalf of Republican candidate for president, Barry Goldwater. The speech launched his political career and came to be known as “A Time for Choosing”.
- 1988Ronald Reagan decides to tear down the new U.S. Embassy in Moscow because of Soviet listening devices in the building structure.
- 1991Turkmenistan achieves independence from the Soviet Union.
- 2004Major League Baseball: The Boston Red Sox complete a four-game sweep of the 2004 World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving the team their first World Series championship since 1918.
Who were born on October 27?
- 1744Mary Moser, English painter (d. 1819)
- 1920K. R. Narayanan, 10th President of India (d. 2005)
- 1937Lara Parker, American actress
- 1940John Gotti, American crime boss (d. 2002)
- 1954Jan Duursema, American comic book artist
- 1982Dennis Moran, American computer hacker
- 1982Patrick Fugit, American actor
- 1982Takashi Tsukamoto, Japanese actor
- 1987Victor Genev, Bulgarian footballer
- 1990Oktavianus Maniani, Indonesian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.