October 27: Day of the Week
October 27, 2020 is the 301st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 65 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PWIUJJZWBVE? Check your answers here: Word solver PWIUJJZWBVE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 27 Historical Event(s)
- 710Saracen invasion of Sardinia.
- 939Edmund I succeeds Athelstan as King of England.
- 1553Condemned as a heretic, Michael Servetus is burned at the stake just outside Geneva.
- 1904The first underground New York City Subway line opens; the system becomes the biggest in United States, and one of the biggest in world.
- 1916Battle of Segale: Negus Mikael, marching on the Ethiopian capital in support of his son Emperor Iyasus V, is defeated by Fitawrari abte Giyorgis, securing the throne for Empress Zauditu.
- 1922A referendum in Rhodesia rejects the country’s annexation to the South African Union.
- 1924The Uzbek SSR is founded in the Soviet Union.
- 1953British nuclear test Totem 2 is carried out at Emu Field, South Australia.
- 1961Mauritania and Mongolia join the United Nations.
- 2004Major League Baseball: The Boston Red Sox complete a four-game sweep of the 2004 World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving the team their first World Series championship since 1918.
Who were born on October 27?
- 1932Dolores Moore, American baseball player (d. 2000)
- 1942Janusz Korwin-Mikke, Polish politician
- 1950Július Šupler, Slovak ice-hockey coach
- 1952Francis Fukuyama, American philosopher
- 1969Peter O'Meara, Irish actor
- 1970Felix Bwalya, Zambian boxer
- 1983Martín Prado, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1986Jon Niese, American baseball player
- 1986Matty Pattison, English footballer
- 1987Andrew Bynum, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.