October 27: Day of the Week
October 27, 2021 is the 300th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 65 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RZDLEDWOFEAZ? Check your answers here: Word solver RZDLEDWOFEAZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 27 Historical Event(s)
- 1553Condemned as a heretic, Michael Servetus is burned at the stake just outside Geneva.
- 1682Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is founded.
- 1922A referendum in Rhodesia rejects the country’s annexation to the South African Union.
- 1936Mrs Wallis Simpson files for divorce which would eventually allow her to marry King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, thus forcing his abdication from the throne.
- 1948Léopold Sédar Senghor founds the Senegalese Democratic Bloc.
- 1961Mauritania and Mongolia join the United Nations.
- 1962Major Rudolf Anderson of the United States Air Force becomes the only direct human casualty of the Cuban Missile Crisis when his U-2 reconnaissance airplane is shot down in Cuba by a Soviet-supplied SA-2 Guideline surface-to-air missile.
- 1973The Cañon City meteorite, a 1.4 kg chondrite type meteorite, strikes in Fremont County, Colorado.
- 1988Ronald Reagan decides to tear down the new U.S. Embassy in Moscow because of Soviet listening devices in the building structure.
- 1994Gliese 229B is the first Substellar Mass Object to be unquestionably identified.
Who were born on October 27?
- 1885Sigrid Hjertén, Swedish modernist painter (d. 1948)
- 1896Edith Brown, survivor of the Titanic (d. 1997)
- 1921Warren Allen Smith, American encyclopedist
- 1937Lara Parker, American actress
- 1946Ivan Reitman, Czechoslovakian-born Canadian film actor, producer and director
- 1951Carlos Frenk, Mexican/British cosmologist
- 1951Jayne Kennedy, American actress, model and sportscaster
- 1958Simon Le Bon, English singer (Duran Duran)
- 1986Jon Niese, American baseball player
- 1987Yi Jianlian, Chinese basketball player (birth date disputed)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.