October 28: Day of the Week
October 28, 2019 is the 301st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 64 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
October 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1531Battle of Amba Sel: Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrihim al-Ghazi again defeats the army of Lebna Dengel, Emperor of Ethiopia. The southern part of Ethiopia falls under Imam Ahmad’s control.
- 1636A vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony establishes the first college in what would become the United States, today known as Harvard University.
- 1707The 1707 Hōei earthquake causes more than 5,000 deaths in Honshu, Shikoku and Kyūshū, Japan
- 1835The United Tribes of New Zealand is established with the signature of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1891The Mino-Owari earthquake, the largest inland earthquake in Japan’s history, strikes Gifu Prefecture.
- 1893Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Pathétique, receives its première performance in St. Petersburg, only nine days before the composer’s death.
- 1918A new Polish government in Western Galicia is established.
- 1940World War II: Greece rejects Italy’s ultimatum. Italy invades Greece through Albania, marking Greece’s entry into World War II.
- 1942The Alaska Highway (Alcan Highway) is completed through Canada to Fairbanks, Alaska.
- 1995289 people are killed and 265 injured in Baku Metro fire, the deadliest subway disaster.
Who were born on October 28?
- 1466Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, Dutch theologian and Catholic priest (d. 1536)
- 1818Ivan Turgenev, Russian writer (d. 1883)
- 1881Vin Coutie, Australian footballer
- 1922Simon Muzenda, Zimbabwe politician (d. 2003)
- 1929Marcel Bozzuffi, French actor (d. 1988)
- 1936Charlie Daniels, American musician
- 1960Landon Curt Noll, American computer scientist
- 1962Daphne Zuniga, American actress
- 1963Lauren Holly, American actress
- 1982Anthony Lerew, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.