October 28: Day of the Week
October 28, 2020 was the 302nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 64 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EJZNEOWEAN? Check your answers here: Word scramble EJZNEOWEAN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 28 Historical Event(s)
- 306Maxentius is proclaimed Roman Emperor.
- 1516Battle of Yaunis Khan: Turkish forces under the Grand Vizier Sinan Pasha defeat the Mameluks near Gaza.
- 1538The first university in the New World, the Universidad Santo Tomás de Aquino, is established.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: Battle of White Plains – British Army forces arrive at White Plains, attack and capture Chatterton Hill from the Americans.
- 1835The United Tribes of New Zealand is established with the signature of the Declaration of Independence.
- 1891The Mino-Owari earthquake, the largest inland earthquake in Japan’s history, strikes Gifu Prefecture.
- 1942The Alaska Highway (Alcan Highway) is completed through Canada to Fairbanks, Alaska.
- 1965Nostra Aetate, the “Declaration on the Relation of the Church with Non-Christian Religions” of the Second Vatican Council, is promulgated by Pope Paul VI; it absolves the Jews of responsibility for the death of Jesus, reversing Innocent III’s 760 year-old declaration.
- 2007Cristina Fernández de Kirchner becomes the first woman elected President of Argentina.
- 2009The 28 October 2009 Peshawar bombing kills 117 and wounds 213.
Who were born on October 28?
- 1879Channing H. Cox, American politician (d. 1968)
- 1932Suzy Parker, American actress (d. 2003)
- 1938Dave Budd, American basketball player
- 1949Bruce Jenner, American athlete
- 1959Randy Wittman, American basketball player
- 1971Leonidas Sabanis, Greek weightlifter
- 1971Roxana Briban, Romanian Soprano
- 1972Terrell Davis, American football player
- 1974Joaquin Phoenix, American actor
- 1980Christy Hemme, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.