October 29: Day of the Week
October 29, 2020 is the 303rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 63 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Christina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 29 Historical Event(s)
- 312Constantine the Great enters Rome after his victory at the Milvian Bridge, stages a grand adventus in the city, and is met with popular jubilation. Maxentius’ body is fished out of the Tiber and beheaded.
- 1618English adventurer, writer, and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for allegedly conspiring against James I of England.
- 1863American Civil War: Battle of Wauhatchie – Forces under Union General Ulysses S. Grant repel a Confederate attack led by General James Longstreet. Union forces thus open a supply line into Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- 1918The German High Seas Fleet is incapacitated when sailors mutiny on the night of the 29th-30th, an action which would trigger the German Revolution of 1918–1919.
- 1922The King of Italy, Victor Emmanuel III, appoints Benito Mussolini as Prime Minister.
- 1955The Soviet battleship Novorossiisk strikes a World War II mine in the harbor at Sevastopol.
- 1964A collection of irreplaceable gems, including the 565 carat (113 g) Star of India, is stolen by a group of thieves (among them is “Murph the surf”) from the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.
- 1967Montreal’s World Fair, Expo 67, closes with over 50 million visitors.
- 1983Over 500,000 people demonstrate against cruise missiles in The Hague, Netherlands.
- 1998Space Shuttle Discovery blasts off on STS-95 with 77-year old John Glenn on board, making him the oldest person to go into space.
Who were born on October 29?
- 1877Wilfred Rhodes, English cricketer (d. 1973)
- 1936Akiko Kojima, Japanese model
- 1938Ralph Bakshi, American cartoonist
- 1944Claude Brochu, Canadian businessman and sports executive (Montreal Expos)
- 1958David Remnick, American writer and editor of The New Yorker
- 1960Thorsten Schlumberger, German footballer
- 1972Gabrielle Union, American actress
- 1981Georgios Fotakis, Greek footballer
- 1983Jason Tahincioglu, Turkish racing driver
- 1983Maurice Clarett, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.