October 29: Day of the Week
October 29, 2019 is the 302nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 63 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1618English adventurer, writer, and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for allegedly conspiring against James I of England.
- 1886The first ticker-tape parade takes place in New York City when office workers spontaneously throw ticker tape into the streets as the Statue of Liberty is dedicated.
- 1901Capital punishment: Leon Czolgosz, the assassin of U.S. President William McKinley, is executed by electrocution.
- 1921Second trial of Sacco and Vanzetti in the United States of America.
- 1945Getulio Vargas, president of Brazil, resigns.
- 1953BCPA Flight 304 DC-6 crashes near San Francisco, California. Pianist William Kapell is among the 19 killed.
- 1957Israel’s prime minister David Ben Gurion and five of his ministers are injured when a hand grenade is tossed into Israel’s parliament, the Knesset.
- 1969The first-ever computer-to-computer link is established on ARPANET, the precursor to the Internet.
- 1971In Macon, Georgia, guitarist Duane Allman is killed in a motorcycle accident.
- 1986British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher opens the last stretch of the M25 motorway.
Who were born on October 29?
- 1822Mieczysław Halka Ledóchowski, Polish Catholic Cardinal (d. 1902)
- 1891Fanny Brice, American singer (d. 1951)
- 1920Catholicos Baselios Mar Thoma Didymos I Catholicos, Indian Orthodox Church
- 1929Yevgeny Primakov, Russian politician
- 1944Claude Brochu, Canadian businessman and sports executive (Montreal Expos)
- 1950Abdullah Gul, Turkish President
- 1957Dan Castellaneta, American voice actor
- 1962Einar Örn Benediktsson, Icelandic musician (The Sugarcubes)
- 1972Gabrielle Union, American actress
- 1981Reema Sen, Indian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.