October 29: Day of the Week
October 29, 2022 is the 302nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 63 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AXVPPIIAU? Check your answers here: Word scramble AXVPPIIAU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 29 Historical Event(s)
- 539 BCCyrus the Great enters the city of Babylon, detains Nabonidus and ends the Babylonian captivity. He gives the Jews permission to return to Yehud province and to rebuild the Temple; but most Jews choose to remain in Babylon.
- 969Byzantine troops occupy Antioch Syria.
- 1422Charles VII of France becomes king in succession to his father Charles VI of France.
- 1467Battle of Brustem: Charles the Bold defeats Liege.
- 1792Mount Hood (Oregon) is named after the British naval officer Alexander Arthur Hood by Lt. William E. Broughton who spotted the mountain near the mouth of the Willamette River.
- 1967London criminal Jack McVitie is murdered by the Kray twins, leading to their eventual imprisonment and downfall.
- 1980Mark David Chapman, John Lennon’s murderer, leaves for New York from his home in Hawaii.
- 1994Francisco Martin Duran fires over two dozen shots at the White House (Duran is later convicted of trying to kill US President Bill Clinton).
- 1998While en route from Adana to Ankara, a Turkish Airlines flight with a crew of 6 and 33 passengers is hijacked by a Kurdish militant who orders the pilot to fly to Switzerland. The plane instead lands in Ankara after the pilot tricked the hijacker into thinking that he is landing in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia to refuel.
- 1999A large cyclone devastates Orissa, India.
Who were born on October 29?
- 1940Connie Mack, U.S. Senator from Florida
- 1942Bob Ross, American artist and television host (d. 1995)
- 1955Kevin DuBrow, American singer (Quiet Riot) (d. 2007)
- 1964Eddie McGuire, Australian television presenter
- 1968Johann Olav Koss, Norwegian speed skater
- 1970Phillip Cocu, Dutch footballer
- 1978Travis Henry, American football player
- 1979Andrew-Lee Potts, English actor
- 1981Reema Sen, Indian actress
- 1983Richard Brancatisano, Australian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.