October 29: Day of the Week
October 29, 2019 was the 302nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 63 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eunice’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1918The German High Seas Fleet is incapacitated when sailors mutiny on the night of the 29th-30th, an action which would trigger the German Revolution of 1918–1919.
- 1921The Harvard University football team loses to Centre College, ending a 25 game winning streak. This is considered one of the biggest upsets in college football.
- 1956The Tangier Protocol is signed: The international city Tangier is reintegrated into Morocco.
- 1957Israel’s prime minister David Ben Gurion and five of his ministers are injured when a hand grenade is tossed into Israel’s parliament, the Knesset.
- 1967London criminal Jack McVitie is murdered by the Kray twins, leading to their eventual imprisonment and downfall.
- 1971In Macon, Georgia, guitarist Duane Allman is killed in a motorcycle accident.
- 1980Demonstration flight of a secretly modified C-130 for an Iran hostage crisis rescue attempt ends in crash landing at Eglin Air Force Base’s Duke Field, Florida leading to cancellation of Operation Credible Sport.
- 1980Mark David Chapman, John Lennon’s murderer, leaves for New York from his home in Hawaii.
- 1991The American Galileo spacecraft makes its closest approach to 951 Gaspra, becoming the first probe to visit an asteroid.
- 1998The Gothenburg nightclub fire in Sweden kills 63 and injures 200.
Who were born on October 29?
- 1861Andrei Ryabushkin, Russian painter (d. 1904)
- 1877Wilfred Rhodes, English cricketer (d. 1973)
- 1926Jon Vickers, Canadian tenor
- 1948Frans de Waal, Dutch primatologist
- 1958David Remnick, American writer and editor of The New Yorker
- 1961Randy Jackson, American musician
- 1975Kelly Lin, Chinese actress
- 1983Jason Tahincioglu, Turkish racing driver
- 1986Sarita Pérez de Tagle, Filipina actress and model
- 1993India Eisley, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.