October 29: Day of the Week
October 29, 2020 is the 303rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 63 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IOIUKAZVRRG? Check your answers here: Word scramble IOIUKAZVRRG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 29 Historical Event(s)
- 312Constantine the Great enters Rome after his victory at the Milvian Bridge, stages a grand adventus in the city, and is met with popular jubilation. Maxentius’ body is fished out of the Tiber and beheaded.
- 1618English adventurer, writer, and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for allegedly conspiring against James I of England.
- 1901In Amherst, Massachusetts nurse Jane Toppan is arrested for murdering the Davis family of Boston with an overdose of morphine.
- 1956The Tangier Protocol is signed: The international city Tangier is reintegrated into Morocco.
- 1957Israel’s prime minister David Ben Gurion and five of his ministers are injured when a hand grenade is tossed into Israel’s parliament, the Knesset.
- 1980Demonstration flight of a secretly modified C-130 for an Iran hostage crisis rescue attempt ends in crash landing at Eglin Air Force Base’s Duke Field, Florida leading to cancellation of Operation Credible Sport.
- 1980Mark David Chapman, John Lennon’s murderer, leaves for New York from his home in Hawaii.
- 1986British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher opens the last stretch of the M25 motorway.
- 1998Apartheid: In South Africa, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission presents its report, which condemns both sides for committing atrocities.
- 1999A large cyclone devastates Orissa, India.
Who were born on October 29?
- 1880Abram Ioffe, Soviet physicist (d. 1960)
- 1930Niki de Saint Phalle, French sculptor (d. 2002)
- 1935Takahata Isao, Japanese animated film director
- 1958Blažej Baláž, Slovak painter
- 1967Joely Fisher, American actress
- 1968Johann Olav Koss, Norwegian speed skater
- 1981Jonathan Brown, Australian Australian rules footballer
- 1983Richard Brancatisano, Australian actor
- 1986Sarita Pérez de Tagle, Filipina actress and model
- 1993India Eisley, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.