October 29: Day of the Week
October 29, 2021 is the 302nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 63 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DCEUHEWHIPD? Check your answers here: Unscramble words DCEUHEWHIPD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1467Battle of Brustem: Charles the Bold defeats Liege.
- 1665Battle of Ambuila, in which Portuguese forces defeat the forces of the Kingdom of Kongo and decapitated king Antonio I of Kongo, also called Nvita a Nkanga.
- 1901In Amherst, Massachusetts nurse Jane Toppan is arrested for murdering the Davis family of Boston with an overdose of morphine.
- 1921Second trial of Sacco and Vanzetti in the United States of America.
- 1921The Harvard University football team loses to Centre College, ending a 25 game winning streak. This is considered one of the biggest upsets in college football.
- 1945Getulio Vargas, president of Brazil, resigns.
- 1956Suez Crisis begins: Israeli forces invade the Sinai Peninsula and push Egyptian forces back toward the Suez Canal.
- 1960In Louisville, Kentucky, Cassius Clay (who later takes the name Muhammad Ali) wins his first professional fight.
- 1967London criminal Jack McVitie is murdered by the Kray twins, leading to their eventual imprisonment and downfall.
- 1994Francisco Martin Duran fires over two dozen shots at the White House (Duran is later convicted of trying to kill US President Bill Clinton).
Who were born on October 29?
- 1822Mieczysław Halka Ledóchowski, Polish Catholic Cardinal (d. 1902)
- 1877Wilfred Rhodes, English cricketer (d. 1973)
- 1920Baruj Benacerraf, Venezuelan-born immunologist, Nobel laureate (d. 2011)
- 1947Helen Coonan, Australian politician
- 1955Kevin DuBrow, American singer (Quiet Riot) (d. 2007)
- 1962Einar Örn Benediktsson, Icelandic musician (The Sugarcubes)
- 1976Giorgos Kalaitzis, Greek basketball player
- 1977Vaggelis Kaounos, Greek footballer
- 1983Dana Eveland, American baseball player
- 1985Jefferson Severino, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.