October 31: Day of the Week
October 31, 2019 is the 304th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 61 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Scorpio horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 31 Historical Event(s)
- 475Romulus Augustulus is proclaimed Western Roman Emperor.
- 1822Emperor Agustín de Iturbide attempts to dissolve the Mexican Empire.
- 1863The Maori Wars resumes as British forces in New Zealand led by General Duncan Cameron begin their Invasion of the Waikato.
- 1864Nevada is admitted as the 36th U.S. state.
- 1913Dedication of the Lincoln Highway, the first automobile road across United States.
- 1913The Indianapolis Street Car Strike and subsequent riot begins.
- 1941A fire in a clothing factory in Huddersfield, England kills 49.
- 1944Dr. jur. Erich Göstl, a member of the Waffen SS, is awarded the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross, to recognise extreme battlefield bravery, after losing his face and eyes during the Battle of Normandy.
- 1959Lee Harvey Oswald attempts to renounce his American citizenship at the US Embassy in Moscow, USSR.
- 1963An explosion at the Indiana State Fair Coliseum (now Pepsi Coliseum) in Indianapolis kills 74 people during an ice skating show. The explosion also injures 400. A faulty propane tank connection in a concession stand is blamed.
Who were born on October 31?
- 1875Eugene Meyer, American businessman and newspaper publisher (d. 1954)
- 1879Sara Allgood, Irish actress (d. 1950)
- 1896Ethel Waters, American singer and actress (d. 1977)
- 1939Tom O'Connor, British comedian
- 1946Stephen Rea, Irish actor
- 1957Shirley Phelps-Roper, American attorney
- 1963Mikkey Dee, Swedish musician, drummer for Motörhead
- 1965Denis Irwin, Irish footballer
- 1971Toby Anstis, British radio presenter
- 1974Muzzy Izzet, Turkish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.