October 4: Day of the Week
October 4, 2019 was the 277th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 88 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dave’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1227Assassination of Caliph al-Adil.
- 1535The first complete English-language Bible (the Coverdale Bible) is printed, with translations by William Tyndale and Miles Coverdale.
- 1853Crimean War: The Ottoman Empire declares war on Russia.
- 1883First meeting of the Boys’ Brigade in Glasgow, Scotland.
- 1940Meeting between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini at the Brenner Pass.
- 1941Norman Rockwell’s Willie Gillis character debuts on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post.
- 1965Becoming the first Pope to ever visit the United States of America and the Western hemisphere, Pope Paul VI arrives in New York.
- 1966Basutoland becomes independent from the United Kingdom and is renamed Lesotho.
- 2001Siberia Airlines Flight 1812: a Sibir Airlines Tupolev TU-154 crashes into the Black Sea after being struck by an errant Ukrainian S-200 missile. 78 people are killed.
- 2010The Ajka plant accident in western Hungary releases about a million cubic metres (35 million cubic feet) of liquid alumina sludge. Nine people are killed and 122 injured, and the Marcal and Danube rivers are severly contaminated.
Who were born on October 4?
- 1550King Charles IX of Sweden (d. 1611)
- 1916George Sidney, American film director (d. 2002)
- 1944Tony La Russa, American baseball manager
- 1958Anneka Rice, British television presenter
- 1961Kazuki Takahashi, Japanese author
- 1967Ekin Cheng Yee-Kin, Hong Kong actor and Cantopop singer
- 1976Santiago, Brazilian footballer
- 1977Richard Parry, Canadian musician and composer (Arcade Fire)
- 1978Phillip Glasser, American actor and producer
- 1986Yuridia, Mexican singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.