October 4: Day of the Week
October 4, 2019 is the 277th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 88 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
October 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1535The first complete English-language Bible (the Coverdale Bible) is printed, with translations by William Tyndale and Miles Coverdale.
- 1636The Swedish Army defeats the armies of Saxony and the Holy Roman Empire at the Battle of Wittstock.
- 1779The Fort Wilson Riot takes place.
- 1830Creation of the state of Belgium after separation from The Netherlands.
- 1876Texas A&M University opens as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, becoming the first public institution of higher education in Texas.
- 1940Meeting between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini at the Brenner Pass.
- 1960Eastern Air Lines Flight 375, a Lockheed L-188 Electra, crashes after a bird strike on takeoff from Boston’s Logan International Airport, killing 62 of 72 on board.
- 1965Becoming the first Pope to ever visit the United States of America and the Western hemisphere, Pope Paul VI arrives in New York.
- 1992El Al Flight 1862: an El Al Boeing 747-258F crashes into two apartment buildings in Amsterdam, killing 43 including 39 on the ground.
- 2010The Ajka plant accident in western Hungary releases about a million cubic metres (35 million cubic feet) of liquid alumina sludge. Nine people are killed and 122 injured, and the Marcal and Danube rivers are severly contaminated.
Who were born on October 4?
- 1570Péter Pázmány, Hungarian cardinal (d. 1637)
- 1858Michael I. Pupin, Serbian-born telephone pioneer (d. 1935)
- 1903Bona Arsenault, French Canadian politician, historian and genealogist (d. 1993)
- 1903Ernst Kaltenbrunner, German military officer and senior Nazi (d. 1946)
- 1931Sir Terence Conran, English designer, restaurateur, retailer and writer
- 1941Roy Blount, Jr., American writer
- 1943H. Rap Brown, American civil rights activist
- 1947Julien Clerc, French singer
- 1963Koji Ishikawa, Japanese children’s author
- 1989Stacey Solomon, English singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.