October 4: Day of the Week
October 4, 2021 is the 277th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 88 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OJEJOVAPYI? Check your answers here: Word search OJEJOVAPYI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1227Assassination of Caliph al-Adil.
- 1582Pope Gregory XIII implements the Gregorian Calendar. In Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Spain, October 4 of this year is followed directly by October 15.
- 1795Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence with a “Whiff of Grapeshot”, using cannon to suppress armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the French Legislature (National Convention).
- 1876Texas A&M University opens as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, becoming the first public institution of higher education in Texas.
- 1940Meeting between Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini at the Brenner Pass.
- 1943World War II: U.S. captures Solomon Islands.
- 1957Avro Arrow roll-out ceremony at Avro Canada plant in Malton, Ontario.
- 1957Space Race: Launch of Sputnik I, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth.
- 1976Official launch of the Intercity 125 High Speed Train (HST).
- 2003Maxim restaurant suicide bombing in Haifa, Israel: 21 Israelis, Jews and Arabs, are killed, and 51 others wounded.
Who were born on October 4?
- 1861Walter Rauschenbusch, Christian Theologian and Baptist Minister (d. 1918)
- 1884Subramaniya Siva, Indian revolutionary figure (d. 1925)
- 1922Shin Kyuk-Ho, Japanese businessman
- 1948Linda McMahon, CEO of WWE
- 1955Jorge Valdano, Argentine footballer
- 1957Kyra Schon, American actress
- 1967Liev Schreiber, American actor
- 1969Abraham Benrubi, American actor
- 1980Kristina Lenko, Canadian ice skater
- 1981Juka, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.