October 4: Day of the Week
October 4, 2019 was the 277th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 88 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jordyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1636The Swedish Army defeats the armies of Saxony and the Holy Roman Empire at the Battle of Wittstock.
- 1795Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence with a “Whiff of Grapeshot”, using cannon to suppress armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the French Legislature (National Convention).
- 1883First run of the Orient Express.
- 1941Norman Rockwell’s Willie Gillis character debuts on the cover of the Saturday Evening Post.
- 1957Space Race: Launch of Sputnik I, the first artificial satellite to orbit the Earth.
- 1957Sputnik 1 is launched by the Soviet Union.
- 1967Omar Ali Saifuddin III of Brunei abdicates in favour of his son, His Majesty Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah.
- 1974Founding of the New Democracy party in Greece.
- 1983Richard Noble sets a new land speed record of 633.468 mph (1,019 km/h), driving Thrust 2 at the Black Rock Desert of Nevada.
- 2003Maxim restaurant suicide bombing in Haifa, Israel: 21 Israelis, Jews and Arabs, are killed, and 51 others wounded.
Who were born on October 4?
- 1862Edward Stratemeyer, American author (d. 1930)
- 1877Razor Smith, English cricketer (d. 1946)
- 1903Ernst Kaltenbrunner, German military officer and senior Nazi (d. 1946)
- 1931Sir Terence Conran, English designer, restaurateur, retailer and writer
- 1943H. Rap Brown, American civil rights activist
- 1957Alexander Tkachyov, Soviet gymnast
- 1957Bill Fagerbakke, American actor
- 1963Koji Ishikawa, Japanese children’s author
- 1976Santiago, Brazilian footballer
- 1983Marios Nicolaou, Greek-Cypriot footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.