October 5: Day of the Week
October 5, 2020 is the 279th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 87 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mildred’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1793French Revolution: Christianity is disestablished in France.
- 1895The first individual time trial for racing cyclists is held on a 50-mile course north of London.
- 1936The Jarrow March sets off for London.
- 1966Near Detroit, Michigan, there is a partial core meltdown at the Enrico Fermi demonstration nuclear breeder reactor.
- 1968Police baton civil rights demonstrators in Derry, Northern Ireland – considered to mark the beginning of The Troubles.
- 1973Signature of the European Patent Convention.
- 1982Chicago Tylenol murders: Johnson & Johnson initiates a nationwide product recall in the United States for all products in its Tylenol brand after several bottles in Chicago are found to have been laced with cyanide, resulting in seven deaths.
- 1988The Brazilian Constitution is ratified by Constituent Assembly.
- 1991An Indonesian military transport crashes after takeoff from Jakarta killing 137.
- 2000Mass demonstrations in Belgrade lead to resignation of Serbian strongman Slobodan Milošević. These demonstrations are often called the Bulldozer Revolution.
Who were born on October 5?
- 1792Joseph Crosfield, English soap and alkali manufacturer (d. 1844)
- 1820David Wilber, American politician (d. 1890)
- 1829Chester A. Arthur, 21st President of the United States (d. 1886)
- 1848Guido von List, German writer (d. 1919)
- 1892Remington Kellogg, American naturalist (d. 1969)
- 1923Stig Dagerman, Swedish writer (d. 1954)
- 1937Barry Switzer, American football coach
- 1941Eduardo Duhalde, President of Argentina
- 1960Careca, Brazilian footballer
- 1962Thomas Herbst, German footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.