October 5: Day of the Week
October 5, 2019 was the 278th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 87 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lisa’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1143King Alfonso VII of León recognises Portugal as a Kingdom.
- 1665The University of Kiel is founded.
- 1789French Revolution: Women of Paris march to Versailles in the March on Versailles to confront Louis XVI about his refusal to promulgate the decrees on the abolition of feudalism, demand bread, and have the King and his court moved to Paris.
- 1905Wilbur Wright pilots Wright Flyer III in a flight of 24 miles in 39 minutes, a world record that stood until 1908.
- 1914World War I: first aerial combat resulting in an intentional fatality.
- 1915Bulgaria enters World War I as one of the Central Powers.
- 1947The first televised White House address is given by U.S. President Harry S. Truman.
- 1973Signature of the European Patent Convention.
- 1988The Brazilian Constitution is ratified by Constituent Assembly.
- 1991An Indonesian military transport crashes after takeoff from Jakarta killing 137.
Who were born on October 5?
- 1520Alessandro Farnese, Italian cardinal (d. 1589)
- 1712Francesco Guardi, Italian painter (d. 1793)
- 1879Francis Peyton Rous, American pathologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1970)
- 1917Allen Ludden, American television game show host (d. 1981)
- 1939Marie Laforêt, French singer and actress
- 1976Royston Tan, Singaporean screenwriter & director
- 1983Jesse Eisenberg, American actor
- 1983Mashrafe Mortaza, Bangladeshi cricketer
- 1984Tiana Benjamin, British actress
- 1987Tim Ream, American soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.