October 5: Day of the Week
October 5, 2022 is the 278th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 87 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OAQBKUEHF? Check your answers here: Word solver OAQBKUEHF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1143King Alfonso VII of León recognises Portugal as a Kingdom.
- 1665The University of Kiel is founded.
- 1789French Revolution: Women of Paris march to Versailles in the March on Versailles to confront Louis XVI about his refusal to promulgate the decrees on the abolition of feudalism, demand bread, and have the King and his court moved to Paris.
- 1793French Revolution: Christianity is disestablished in France.
- 1864The Indian city of Calcutta is almost totally destroyed by a cyclone; 60,000 die.
- 1869The Saxby Gale devastates the Bay of Fundy region of Maritime Canada. The storm had been predicted over a year before by a British naval officer.
- 1877Chief Joseph surrenders his Nez Perce band to General Nelson A. Miles.
- 1968Police baton civil rights demonstrators in Derry, Northern Ireland – considered to mark the beginning of The Troubles.
- 1999The Ladbroke Grove rail crash in west London kills 31 people.
- 2000Mass demonstrations in Belgrade lead to resignation of Serbian strongman Slobodan Milošević. These demonstrations are often called the Bulldozer Revolution.
Who were born on October 5?
- 1641Françoise-Athénaïs, marquise de Montespan, French mistress of King Louis XIV of France (d. 1707)
- 1878Louise Dresser, American actress (d. 1965)
- 1924Bill Dana, American actor
- 1948Tawl Ross, American musician (P Funk)
- 1964Keiji Fujiwara, Japanese voice actor
- 1971Samuel Vincent, Canadian voice actor
- 1972Grant Hill, American basketball player
- 1972Thomas Roberts, American news anchor
- 1975Bobo Baldé, Guinean footballer
- 1983Noot Seear, Canadian fashion model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.