October 5: Day of the Week
October 5, 2018 was the 278th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 87 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1582Because of the implementation of the Gregorian calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1665The University of Kiel is founded.
- 1877Chief Joseph surrenders his Nez Perce band to General Nelson A. Miles.
- 1903Sir Samuel Griffith is appointed the first Chief Justice of Australia and Sir Edmund Barton and Richard O'Connor are appointed as foundation justices.
- 1921Baseball: The World Series is broadcast on the radio for the first time.
- 194398 American POW’s executed by Japanese forces on Wake Island.
- 1944Suffrage is extended to women in France.
- 1947The first televised White House address is given by U.S. President Harry S. Truman.
- 1984Marc Garneau becomes the first Canadian in space, aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger.
- 2001Robert Stevens becomes the first victim in the 2001 anthrax attacks.
Who were born on October 5?
- 1781Bernard Bolzano, Czech mathematician and philosopher (d. 1848)
- 1912Fritz Fischer, Nazi war criminal (d. 2003)
- 1925Gail Davis, American actress (d. 1997)
- 1929Richard F. Gordon, Jr., American astronaut
- 1948Zoran Živković, Serbian writer
- 1949Bill James, American baseball writer
- 1966Jan Verhaas, Dutch snooker referee
- 1974Heather Headley, Trinidadian singer
- 1978Morgan Webb, Canadian-born television presenter
- 1978Shane Ryan, Irish Gaelic footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.