October 5: Day of the Week
October 5, 2021 is the 278th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 87 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FKUIUQOSYZA? Check your answers here: Word scramble FKUIUQOSYZA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 5 Historical Event(s)
- 610Coronation of Byzantine Emperor Heraclius
- 1550Foundation of Concepción, city in Chile.
- 1789French Revolution: Women of Paris march to Versailles in the March on Versailles to confront Louis XVI about his refusal to promulgate the decrees on the abolition of feudalism, demand bread, and have the King and his court moved to Paris.
- 1936The Jarrow March sets off for London.
- 1944Royal Canadian Air Force pilots shoot down the first German jet fighter over France.
- 1953The first documented recovery meeting of Narcotics Anonymous is held.
- 1955Disneyland Hotel opens to the public in Anaheim, California.
- 1962Dr. No, the first in the James Bond film series, is released.
- 1970The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is founded.
- 1999The Ladbroke Grove rail crash in west London kills 31 people.
Who were born on October 5?
- 1899Georg, Duke of Mecklenburg, head of the House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (d. 1963)
- 1924José Donoso, Chilean writer (d. 1996)
- 1933Diane Cilento, Australian actress
- 1934Angelo Buono, Jr., American serial killer (d. 2002)
- 1947Brian Johnson, English singer (AC/DC)
- 1948Tawl Ross, American musician (P Funk)
- 1949Ralph Goodale, Canadian politician
- 1962Caron Keating, British television personality (d. 2004)
- 1963Laura Davies, English golfer
- 1974Colin Meloy, American singer (The Decemberists)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.