October 9, 1983: Day of the Week
October 9, 1983 was the 282nd day of the year 1983 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 83 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
A person born on this day will be 38 years old today. If that same person saved a Dime every day starting at age 6, then by now that person has accumulated $1,204.20 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October 1983 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1983 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aimee’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
October 9, 1983 Historical Event(s)
- 1983Rangoon bombing: attempted assassination of South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan during an official visit to Rangoon, Burma. Chun survives but the blast kills 17 of his entourage, including four cabinet ministers, and injures 17 others. Four Burmese officials also die in the blast.
Who were born on October 9, 1983?
- 1983Andreas Zuber, Austrian racing driver
- 1983Jang Mi-Ran, South Korean weightlifter
- 1983Spencer Grammer, American actress
- 1983Stephen Gionta, American ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.